Received my P-slin today

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Pretty fancy packaging, makes me feel like i'm taking something I shouldn't be.. Anyway i'm all giddy like a skool girl and cant wait to try them! :D

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i like the blister packs too:D but i also liked the tiny little bottle the og pslin came in. you will like it good stuff either way.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Let me know when you take your first dose and how you react!?

I remember first time and any other time taking AP I never had any problems. First time and a couple there after taking YellowGold, it kind of gave me the runs.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How do you plan to dose?

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Alright woke up this morning popped 1 pslin chewed it before swallowing. 10 minutes later had my breakfast shake
blended in water
2 scoops nutrapro
2 cups blueberries
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
1 tbspn MCT oil
20 minutes later I had 4oz pom concentrate juice, creatine, and beta alanine.

approx 1hr after my breakfast shake I was at the gym.

Had a good workout, fair amount of energy for being a morning workout (normally workout at lunch time) strength was good etc. No extra pump or vascularity. Felt a little hypo by the time I got to work but i'm thinking it was caused by the workout.

Going to try it again tomorrow afternoon for a chest and arms workout.

I'm 6' 225lbs around 6-8% bodyfat. should I take 2?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Alright woke up this morning popped 1 pslin chewed it before swallowing. 10 minutes later had my breakfast shake
blended in water
2 scoops nutrapro
2 cups blueberries
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
1 tbspn MCT oil
20 minutes later I had 4oz pom concentrate juice, creatine, and beta alanine.

approx 1hr after my breakfast shake I was at the gym.

Had a good workout, fair amount of energy for being a morning workout (normally workout at lunch time) strength was good etc. No extra pump or vascularity. Felt a little hypo by the time I got to work but i'm thinking it was caused by the workout.

Going to try it again tomorrow afternoon for a chest and arms workout.

I'm 6' 225lbs around 6-8% bodyfat. should I take 2?
Seems very low in CHO for a P-Slin... How many g's did this meal contain?

Keep in mind - P-Slin requires carbohydrate.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
PRO56 CHO88 fat16

I'm hoping the afternoon workout will be better, when I have a 150+CHO in me.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PRO56 CHO88 fat16

I'm hoping the afternoon workout will be better, when I have a 150+CHO in me.
Yeah, let us know... Thank You

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
The plan today.
7:30am
breakfast
CHO88
9:45am
P-Slin
10:00am
costco onion bagel, 80+CHO
10:45am
8oz POM concentrate 39CHO
11:15am
Gym

This look ok?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The plan today.
7:30am
breakfast
CHO88
9:45am
P-Slin
10:00am
costco onion bagel, 80+CHO
10:45am
8oz POM concentrate 39CHO
11:15am
Gym

This look ok?
1) I would keep the carbohydrates at breakfast at about 50g
2) I would also take 80g - 100g carbohydrates at 10:00am, and workout at 11:15am-11:30am, and drop the second round of carbohydrates at 10:45am.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
1) I would keep the carbohydrates at breakfast at about 50g
2) I would also take 80g - 100g carbohydrates at 10:00am, and workout at 11:15am-11:30am, and drop the second round of carbohydrates at 10:45am.
I will give this a shot on monday for legs. Did chest and arms today, energy was great pumps where great and all around a damn good workout. Not sure if it was the p-slin or the truck load of carbs though! :D

What could I expect if I where to take a pslin with 0CHO?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will give this a shot on monday for legs. Did chest and arms today, energy was great pumps where great and all around a damn good workout. Not sure if it was the p-slin or the truck load of carbs though! :D
Both!

What could I expect if I where to take a pslin with 0CHO?
This is not recommended. Depending on the state of liver glycogen stores, taking P-Slin without subsequent consumption of carbohydrates may dose-dependently lead to a condition similar to hypoglycemia (low level of circulating blood glucose) characterized by increased secretion of hormones such as glucagon, epinephrine, cortisol, and may consequently lead to symptoms such as nervousness, confusion (the brain has no glycogen stores of its own), weakness, impaired speech, trembling, and so on.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Both!

This is not recommended. Depending on the state of liver glycogen stores, taking P-Slin without subsequent consumption of carbohydrates may dose-dependently lead to a condition similar to hypoglycemia (low level of circulating blood glucose) characterized by increased secretion of hormones such as glucagon, epinephrine, cortisol, and may consequently lead to symptoms such as nervousness, confusion (the brain has no glycogen stores of its own), weakness, impaired speech, trembling, and so on.

that sounds like my entire 4 month contest prep. :sad3:

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
So...lets play this scenario out.

I take 1pslin 20minutes before my meal. Im smashing through carbs and probably going to run into the 100-150g range. I take another p-slin about 1/4-1/2way through the meal. Good or bad idea? Whats the worst that could happen here?

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established

I take 1pslin 20minutes before my meal. Im smashing through carbs and probably going to run into the 100-150g range. I take another p-slin about 1/4-1/2way through the meal. Good or bad idea? Whats the worst that could happen here?
I like the way you think!

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Or possibly instead of another pslin half way into the meal, 1 anabolic pump...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

The recommended fifteen to twenty minutes waiting period between P-Slin intake and carbohydrate-containing macronutrient consumption is important to ensure sufficient translocation of GLUT-4 from the cytoplasm to the cell membrane. The initiation of feeding triggers a chemical process of carbohydrate metabolism that ultimately leads to glucose disposal via GLUT-4 action. Subsequent consumption of P-Slin post-initiation of meal consumption may not induce further GLUT-4 translocation. So, depending on the individual's effective carbohydrate "saturation point", it may make sense to take two capsules of P-Slin before relatively high-carbohydrate feeding (in the 150g range) to induce pronounced GLUT-4 translocation, as opposed to taking one pre- and another intra-meal.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
With that said...how long would you say PSlin's uptake abilities remain effective thereafter dosing?

and

What would be the amount of Pslin you could see one maxing out on in a day before potential possible dangers (if to use that word)? Were obviously talking large amounts of carbs all day long here so...with that aside...3 doses of 1-2 pills before meals?

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
bump...awaiting an answer from Strategic or another USP rep on my question about Pslin dosing. "ALL" I've ever seen mentioned was to take it once a day. Either pre-workout or with breakfast meal on non workout day.

My question still stands as to whether or not I could dose 1-2caps with 2-3meals spread throughout the day containing large amounts of carbs? Or is 3-5pslin in a day not good?

Aviad

Aviad

Board Sponsor
Awards
I will chime in hear quickly if I may in response to the 2x dosing on PSlin as I have received this response in the past from strategicmove in regards to that scenario:

"There is no concern about taking P-Slin twice per day, as long as the pre-P-Slin meals contain about 100gr or so of complex carbohydrates. Ideally, you should space the P-Slin meals out about 8-10 hours."

I have had all positive experiences with this product and highly recomend it. In my experiance you really have to have 80-100 grams (usually on the higher end) twice and spaced well apart as suggeted by strategicmove earlier to find success with the double dosage.

Sometimes I will play competitve ball in the morning which was preceeded by a large carb meal; and then later on in the evening, if the day and my energy level permits, eat another meal containg the 80-100 grams of quality carbs and do a second game in a different leauge or lift and the energy, body comp effects and sense of well being have been impressive.

I wrote an extensive review on this product as I am a huge supporter of the product:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=154490

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
With that said...how long would you say PSlin's uptake abilities remain effective thereafter dosing?
In general, P-Slin can have a half-life of about six hours.

and

What would be the amount of Pslin you could see one maxing out on in a day before potential possible dangers (if to use that word)? Were obviously talking large amounts of carbs all day long here so...with that aside...3 doses of 1-2 pills before meals?
Although these are specific questions, the answers will not be a general prescription for everyone. Hence, there is a need to experiment to find one's optimal mix.

Now, given the duration of time P-Slin is active in the body, one could, in principle, take up to three capsules of P-Slin daily, with about 100gr carbohydrates per dose. Yet, I would personally be hesitant to use more than two (2 x 1) capsules about six to eight hours apart, before meals with 100gr carbohydrates. The reason is that 300gr (3 x 100gr) are not a trivial amount of carbohydrates, quite apart from the fact that P-Slin does not block glucose disposal in adipocytes as effectively as Anabolic Pump, for instance, in case there are carbohydrate spillovers.

I would prefer to keep the carbohydrate meals smaller (100gr instead of 150gr) with one capsule of P-Slin before the 100gr meal, and repeat this up to two or three times daily, depending on one's desired objectives.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been dosing Pslin twice a day.. 15 minutes before breakfast, and 15 minutes pre-workout. I like the blister packs to, very professional IMO. Love this stuff!

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
So bringing Anabolic Pump into the equation...would combining 1pslin and 1ap for these monster meals help avoid spill? As your saying 2pslin isnt as capable as anabolic pump is?

Or would you all together just dose X amount of Anabolic Pump and nix the pslin for monster meals?

Scenario being were not necessarily looking to "enhance" workout performance at this point. Carb meals of of up to 200g wouldn't be happening when I'm back on my diet.

Im basically looking to blunt the effects of post contest feeding for a few days in the most effective manner with what I have in hand! Anabolic pump and Pslin...

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
So bringing Anabolic Pump into the equation...would combining 1pslin and 1ap for these monster meals help avoid spill? As your saying 2pslin isnt as capable as anabolic pump is?

Or would you all together just dose X amount of Anabolic Pump and nix the pslin for monster meals?

Scenario being were not necessarily looking to "enhance" workout performance at this point. Carb meals of of up to 200g wouldn't be happening when I'm back on my diet.

Im basically looking to blunt the effects of post contest feeding for a few days in the most effective manner with what I have in hand! Anabolic pump and Pslin...
How did your contest go? I put on 31lbs the first week post contest.. :/ I also just took another pslin before gorging myself on a large pizza. :food:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

1) I did not say Anabolic Pump was better than 2 P-Slin. Anabolic Pump and P-Slin were designed for different sizes of carbohydrate meals. I only said P-Slin was not as effective as Anabolic Pump in terms of restricting carbohydrate (glucose) uptake in fat cells.
2) You can take 1 Anabolic Pump + 1 P-Slin before large carbohydrate meals. As you know, although Anabolic Pump and P-Slin will allow you to eat much more carbohydrates than usual with very effective glucose disposal, they obviously can only work up to a certain amount of carbohydrates. How much that is, is different for different users. This is why they demand intelligent experimentation. Once one figures out how P-Slin and Anabolic Pump work for him/her, they can then be used as incredibly effective weapons for dramatic and lasting improvements in body recomposition and overall well-being.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
I concur on user individuality. I'm just hearing your thoughts on such and not like, oh what the hell, I ate 300g of carbs, took 2pslin and got fat as hell and its all your fault lol

Im just looking to get a little more insight on high dosing of such and the best way to supplement with what I have to negate a monster post show feast. I know how to supplement it into a normal lifestyle but, post contest, everyones diet for the first day or 2 is most likely anything but normal!

I never said you said ap was better then pslin, but should of clarified by repeating what you said about it not being as effective as blocking spill.

The conclusion to this is it seems 1pslin combined with 1 or 2ap is best DH hitter to battle these large behemoth meals most effectively preventing spill to its largest extent?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For large carbohydrate meals, a combination of P-Slin and Anabolic Pump is better than either alone.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Excellent, this is what I figured as one would get the best of both worlds from the properties of each.

Would you recommend 1pslin and 2AP to tackle these monster meals, or 1pslin and 1ap would suffice in the near 200g area? I feel for a meal that large getting close to the
200g carb range, 1pslin and 2ap is the golden ticket?

What are your thoughts...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Excellent, this is what I figured as one would get the best of both worlds from the properties of each.

Would you recommend 1pslin and 2AP to tackle these monster meals, or 1pslin and 1ap would suffice in the near 200g area? I feel for a meal that large getting close to the
200g carb range, 1pslin and 2ap is the golden ticket?

What are your thoughts...
Sorry, I cannot make a recommendation for a 200gr carb meal. That is quite a bit of carbohydrates. I would not recommend that much at a time.

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Well, not putting up a safety net between you and USP, Im not asking you to recommend dieting tips as I have that down to a T (not coming off rudely).

Just asking what would be a viable option to attack this amount of carbs, not if you suggest that amount of carbs or not so...

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, not putting up a safety net between you and USP, Im not asking you to recommend dieting tips as I have that down to a T (not coming off rudely).

Just asking what would be a viable option to attack this amount of carbs, not if you suggest that amount of carbs or not so...
Not to sound rude, but please cut these insinuations about safety nets! I just do not feel comfortable talking about 200gr carb meals, P-Slin or not! If this amount of carbs is necessary at all, one should build up to it over time, with a combination of P-Slin and Anabolic Pump. I cannot tell you, though, how many of each you would need. You would have to experiment, and this has nothing to do with safety nets.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established
Let me know when you take your first dose and how you react!?

I remember first time and any other time taking AP I never had any problems. First time and a couple there after taking YellowGold, it kind of gave me the runs.

Not the runs (yet) but damn its like every 3 hours i have to go, after taking one of these. Does this go away, is there anything I can do?

Other then that I felt like superman in the gym today. Felt so damn good i did drop sets on my finale set of squats for the first time. 325x6 275x8 225x8.
And still felt pretty damn good, other then taking a while to catch my breath.

Also took 4.5g gplc, 1tsp cordyceps and 1/2tsp cissus.

Quinc

Quinc

Awards
  • Established

Only one way to find out; are you still pre-contest or you currently post contest?

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Not to sound rude, but please cut these insinuations about safety nets! I just do not feel comfortable talking about 200gr carb meals, P-Slin or not! If this amount of carbs is necessary at all, one should build up to it over time, with a combination of P-Slin and Anabolic Pump. I cannot tell you, though, how many of each you would need. You would have to experiment, and this has nothing to do with safety nets.
Didnt mean it as an attack or for you to get offended. I just know reps have to be very careful with what they say.

All in all...my point is, if one was to take 1 pslin and say 1-2ap together all in one shot. Also POUNDS through carbs (because hes a beast and can handle it), would there be any negative effects of that type of dosing of GDA?

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Only one way to find out; are you still pre-contest or you currently post contest?
Still preppin, just mapping things out now that I have GDA's in my arsenal to help combat post frenzy! Something I didn't have in my other runs and still handled things well so, I could only imagine with the aid of a GDA

Didnt mean it as an attack or for you to get offended. I just know reps have to be very careful with what they say.

All in all...my point is, if one was to take 1 pslin and say 1-2ap together all in one shot. Also POUNDS through carbs (because hes a beast and can handle it), would there be any negative effects of that type of dosing of GDA?
At USPlabs, we do not censor anyone that works for us that is why they work for us...

If you can tolerate 200grams of carbohydrates in one bolus dose f without AP and Pslin from experience than AP and PSLIN will be of benefit..

pctforeal

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for chiming in Jacob. I obviously in no way had the intent to offend or maybe come across as it may have sounded. I was just simply trying to state I know those who work for certain companies have to be "a bit more careful" about what they say and how they respond to not hold the company they work for to any ties!

I guess thats just another reason USPLabs rocks though. Not censoring anyone...plus, there's no worries in that area anyhow. Its not like your products couldn't back up anything anything has to say about them!

Keep rockin ;) Can't wait for new Jack3d flavor and this stronger GDA your cooking up?

ottoclif

Awards
I got my p-slin in yesterday and the pills are hard. Does this mean they are ruined?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got my p-slin in yesterday and the pills are hard. Does this mean they are ruined?
Absolutely not. There is no loss in potency as a consequence. Enjoy your P-Slin!

ottoclif

Awards
thank you. Can't wait to try them again. Its been almost two years since I first took p-slin.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yeah there still good i just chew them.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
i just received mine last week im on day 4 or 5 now... i havent been chewing them (forgot it helps...kicking my own ass) but ive noticed the pumps, i take it along with 70-100 CHO and some aakg. Creatine and a protein meal after. the first 2 days i didnt eat as many CHO maybe like 50-60 im excited to see what this week will be like.