hey guys can I mega dose prime for 16 weeks instead of 12:

6/9 for 4 weeks

9/12 for 2 weeks

12/15 for 2 weeks

15/18 for 2 weeks

18/21 for 2 weeks

21/24 for 2 weeks

24/27 for final 2 weeks.

or do I just mega dose it for 12 weeks instead. And how much time off I need if I do it.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
Thats ALOT of Cash Money

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Overly excessive, and completely ridiculous.

Are you attempting to "force" a response by dosing three to four times the recommend dosage?

Actually, I'd consult with a USP Laps rep regarding possible health concerns...

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Overly excessive, and completely ridiculous.

Are you attempting to "force" a response by dosing three to four times the recommend dosage?

Actually, I'd consult with a USP Laps rep regarding possible health concerns...
Mega dosing prime is a noted and safe practice in prime usage. To my knowledge no one has mega dosed to "force a reaction", rather it was done to amplify the benefits that Prime already gave them. Now I could be wrong in why he wants to do this but i have yet to see someone megadose Prime if they are a non-responder.

I have read several logs of individuals who megadose and absolutely no negative side effects were been noted(to my knowledge). USP Labs to my knowledge does not consider mega dosing to be dangerous in any way. From previous threads I have noted that they applaud those who have done it in the past and where receptive to what they had to say.

I myself have yet to megadose but plan to in the future. Is it overly excessive and ridiculous? That is a matter of opinion. If one is familiar with the proposed means of how Prime works(there is still speculation of the exact mechanism but it is not hormonal by any means) then one could assume that more of Prime can potentiate more results. I am not implying you ar ein any way ignorant of this but I am trying to empathize with the OP with the possible reason why he would want to megadose. And for those logs that i have read which have done this, they did experience increased gains.

Now with most supplements you would be correct in your statement that megadosing would be a bad idea, however Prime is a unique supplement. Now is this practice of megadosing very expensive? yes it is. Is it overly excessive and ridiculous? That is your opinion and you are very much entitled to it. Moderation is key to longterm success so I applaud your caution to the idea of quadrupling the dose of a given supplement.

To the OP, I would be eager in knowing how that dosing scheme works for you. But as for you elongated duration of usage, I personally would not use Prime for anything over 12 weeks. Prime is an herbal supplement and you body will become use to the ingredients showing a finite curve of effectiveness.

It may be more cost effective in running to 8 week megadosing scheme then 1 long 16 week cycle. This would prevent your body from growing accustom to the ingredients while also elongating the period of times you would experience gains.

Maybe a scheme like:

8 week megadose scheme
4-6 week rotation using other supplement
8 week mega dose scheme

I personally have used Prime for 10 weeks and noted significant gains throughout the 10 weeks. No negative side effects after the cycle and i did keep my strength gains. But my friend you are blessed with the ability to have the funds to be able to megadose. It has taken me well over a year to save up enough Prime to be able to megadose and i plan only to be able to go up to 15 due to limited supply.

I bid you good luck on ur endeavors.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Mega dosing prime is a noted and safe practice in prime usage. To my knowledge no one has mega dosed to "force a reaction", rather it was done to amplify the benefits that Prime already gave them. Now I could be wrong in why he wants to do this but i have yet to see someone megadose Prime if they are a non-responder.

I have read several logs of individuals who megadose and absolutely no negative side effects were been noted(to my knowledge). USP Labs to my knowledge does not consider mega dosing to be dangerous in any way. From previous threads I have noted that they applaud those who have done it in the past and where receptive to what they had to say.

I myself have yet to megadose but plan to in the future. Is it overly excessive and ridiculous? That is a matter of opinion. If one is familiar with the proposed means of how Prime works(there is still speculation of the exact mechanism but it is not hormonal by any means) then one could assume that more of Prime can potentiate more results. I am not implying you ar ein any way ignorant of this but I am trying to empathize with the OP with the possible reason why he would want to megadose. And for those logs that i have read which have done this, they did experience increased gains.

Now with most supplements you would be correct in your statement that megadosing would be a bad idea, however Prime is a unique supplement. Now is this practice of megadosing very expensive? yes it is. Is it overly excessive and ridiculous? That is your opinion and you are very much entitled to it. Moderation is key to longterm success so I applaud your caution to the idea of quadrupling the dose of a given supplement.

To the OP, I would be eager in knowing how that dosing scheme works for you. But as for you elongated duration of usage, I personally would not use Prime for anything over 12 weeks. Prime is an herbal supplement and you body will become use to the ingredients showing a finite curve of effectiveness.

It may be more cost effective in running to 8 week megadosing scheme then 1 long 16 week cycle. This would prevent your body from growing accustom to the ingredients while also elongating the period of times you would experience gains.

Maybe a scheme like:

8 week megadose scheme
4-6 week rotation using other supplement
8 week mega dose scheme

I personally have used Prime for 10 weeks and noted significant gains throughout the 10 weeks. No negative side effects after the cycle and i did keep my strength gains. But my friend you are blessed with the ability to have the funds to be able to megadose. It has taken me well over a year to save up enough Prime to be able to megadose and i plan only to be able to go up to 15 due to limited supply.

I bid you good luck on ur endeavors.
If you wouldn't mind, please direct me to a log/review where the user has dosed higher than a 12/15 protocol for more than 10 weeks of continuous use.

Also, why would Prime be the exception when it comes to mega dosing herbal supplementation? Certainly one would not recommend mega dosing vitamin A,C, etc. three to four times its' recommend dosage for such an extended period of time...

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you wouldn't mind, please direct me to a log/review where the user has dosed higher than a 12/15 protocol for more than 10 weeks of continuous use.

Also, why would Prime be the exception when it comes to mega dosing herbal supplementation? Certainly one would not recommend mega dosing vitamin A,C, etc. three to four times its' recommend dosage for such an extended period of time...

First off, if you noted in my response i do not recommend anything over 12 weeks and gave myself as an example running a stack for 10 weeks. I do not think it is effective to run it longer then 12 weeks. Also i consider mega-dosing to be anything over 9 pills. So a 12/15 scheme is megadosing. So I do agree a 16 week megadosing scheme where the individual is megadosing for over 12/15 for 8 weeks may not be cost effective. But if he wants to do it, I have yet to read anything negative and if he has the funds then it is his choice.

But he did ask if he should stick to 12 weeks and I still believe that would be wiser and more cost effective.

As far as offering examples it would be my pleasure friend, i can quicky name one off the top of my head:

This is the second time this athlete mega dosed(at least the 2nd). And as you can see he is going as high as 21 pills on workout days.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/147639-getting-primed-stage.html

As far as offering more examples, i would need to search through the archives of AM. That may take a minute. So if you really want it I will be more then happy to find some.

When it comes to Prime being the exception, Prime has several effects on the body including increased nitrogen retention within skeletal muscle. The more nitrogen retention, the more anabolic the body becomes naturally. So Megadosing possibly increases the bodies ability to maintain high level of nitrogen to keep the body in an anabolic state. Also Prime is believed to balance the body in times of stress. If the body is better able to cope with stress, stress hormones like cortisol are better managed(and we all know how catabolic cortisol is). Better stress management, the more you can excell in the gym. Also the herbs in Prime have been noted to stimulate and protect the liver, increase strength and recovery, promotes appetite, and is an overall means of making one generally healthier. So since no negative side effects are noted, taking in relatively higher amounts of this will yeild more benefits.

Now there is a finite curve of effectiveness so there will be a point where u will stop receiving benefits and start to level off. SO downing a whole bottle in one shot one give u super human health and strength. But increasing dosages over a short period of time can be of some use. Which is why i mentioned 8 week cycles ideally increasing in dosage little by little ending like Dreamweaver is doing.

And remember excess vitamin C is peed out, and something like excess protein is stored(which you did not bring up but is a common point made that ppl overdose on protein). And as far as exceeding recommended dosages...the daily recommeneded dose for vitamin C is 60-95 mg(http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminC/)...which i have personally taken up to 6000mg of vitamin C without any negative side effects. And I bet most athletes take at least 1000mg daily. I know I personally can take 2000grams daily for months on end and i note i stay healthier and recover somewhat faster. Beyond that if i dont drink enough water i have very concentrated urine. So there are many "supplements" that are megadosed throughout an athletes career to yeild benefits. A common one is creatine. People dont need more then 2-5 grams of creatine mono daily but there are well trained athletes that take up to 30-40 grams daily with no negative side effects besides maybe some creatine bloat.

Again good sir, your attention to the need for moderation is a valuable trait that will keep you in this game for a long time. I do not condone reckless supplementation. I personally may be a bit reckless during my training sessions but that is something i am working very hard to rectify. So I PRAISE your asking for more info to validate my statements. If you want more logs I will happily look them up.

AND if by any chance I am mistaken, I ask a USP rep to PLEASE correct me so that I myself may gain more knowledge and not lead anyone astray.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
First off, if you noted in my response i do not recommend anything over 12 weeks and gave myself as an example running a stack for 10 weeks. I do not think it is effective to run it longer then 12 weeks. Also i consider mega-dosing to be anything over 9 pills. So a 12/15 scheme is megadosing. So I do agree a 16 week megadosing scheme where the individual is megadosing for over 12/15 for 8 weeks may not be cost effective. But if he wants to do it, I have yet to read anything negative and if he has the funds then it is his choice.

But he did ask if he should stick to 12 weeks and I still believe that would be wiser and more cost effective.

As far as offering examples it would be my pleasure friend, i can quicky name one off the top of my head:

This is the second time this athlete mega dosed(at least the 2nd). And as you can see he is going as high as 21 pills on workout days.
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/147639-getting-primed-stage.html

As far as offering more examples, i would need to search through the archives of AM. That may take a minute. So if you really want it I will be more then happy to find some.

When it comes to Prime being the exception, Prime has several effects on the body including increased nitrogen retention within skeletal muscle. The more nitrogen retention, the more anabolic the body becomes naturally. So Megadosing possibly increases the bodies ability to maintain high level of nitrogen to keep the body in an anabolic state. Also Prime is believed to balance the body in times of stress. If the body is better able to cope with stress, stress hormones like cortisol are better managed(and we all know how catabolic cortisol is). Better stress management, the more you can excell in the gym. Also the herbs in Prime have been noted to stimulate and protect the liver, increase strength and recovery, promotes appetite, and is an overall means of making one generally healthier. So since no negative side effects are noted, taking in relatively higher amounts of this will yeild more benefits.

Now there is a finite curve of effectiveness so there will be a point where u will stop receiving benefits and start to level off. SO downing a whole bottle in one shot one give u super human health and strength. But increasing dosages over a short period of time can be of some use. Which is why i mentioned 8 week cycles ideally increasing in dosage little by little ending like Dreamweaver is doing.

And remember excess vitamin C is peed out, and something like excess protein is stored(which you did not bring up but is a common point made that ppl overdose on protein). And as far as exceeding recommended dosages...the daily recommeneded dose for vitamin C is 60-95 mg(http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminC/)...which i have personally taken up to 6000mg of vitamin C without any negative side effects. And I bet most athletes take at least 1000mg daily. I know I personally can take 2000grams daily for months on end and i note i stay healthier and recover somewhat faster. Beyond that if i dont drink enough water i have very concentrated urine. So there are many "supplements" that are megadosed throughout an athletes career to yeild benefits. A common one is creatine. People dont need more then 2-5 grams of creatine mono daily but there are well trained athletes that take up to 30-40 grams daily with no negative side effects besides maybe some creatine bloat.

Again good sir, your attention to the need for moderation is a valuable trait that will keep you in this game for a long time. I do not condone reckless supplementation. I personally may be a bit reckless during my training sessions but that is something i am working very hard to rectify. So I PRAISE your asking for more info to validate my statements. If you want more logs I will happily look them up.

AND if by any chance I am mistaken, I ask a USP rep to PLEASE correct me so that I myself may gain more knowledge and not lead anyone astray.
GoHardOrGoHome, thank you for taking the time to address my concerns.

My first observation regarding DreamWeaver's log is: the 15/21 dosing protocol was only implemented for two weeks use. The OP is suggesting an additional six weeks of continued incremental usage at much higher values...

Regardless - my intention was not to dissuade usage, but to caution experimentation. The decision to increase dosage/duration is ultimately the users.

cgoode

cgoode

Awards
  • Established
Dude Can u get me a job where I make enough money to buy that much prime holy crap.....

Maybe it was just me but when i switched from 2/2/2 to the 6/9 protocol it gave me the runs but Im probably in the abnormal.....chebula or chebulic in high doses is used to help cleanse the digestive tract, but im one of the few who had this happen....

im pretty sensitive tho but best of luck......

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
GoHardOrGoHome, thank you for taking the time to address my concerns.

My first observation regarding DreamWeaver's log is: the 15/21 dosing protocol was only implemented for two weeks use. The OP is suggesting an additional six weeks of continued incremental usage at much higher values...

Regardless - my intention was not to dissuade usage, but to caution experimentation. The decision to increase dosage/duration is ultimately the users.
All your observations are spot on. DW was very wise in his usage of megadosing. As I have said before your attention to caution is a valuable trait and I praise this. This trait is something individuals need to take note of. I rep you good sir for looking out for fellow AM members.

And to the OP, hoopem has good reason to be concerned with you prolonging your cycle. Look up some previous megadosing cycles so u get a good idea on how its been done and tweak it to ur liking. But again be very cautious on extending your cycle anything past 12 weeks. Good luck buddy!