Jack3d Question

NOVOGRADAC

Awards
On the label it says 1-3 scoops. I currently weigh 150 and im trying to bulk up (if that makes a difference im a noob at supplements). My question is how many scoops do you recommend?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Start with 1 to test tolerance. Two is plenty for me at well over 200 pounds. If you need more just increase until you get optimal results. Unless you have one hell of a tolerance, I couldn't see three scoops.

NOVOGRADAC

Awards
Also Im trying to bulk up. Do you recommend any other supplements to take while on Jack3d? Im currently doing protein shakes and what not.

jp17815

jp17815

Awards
  • Established
Also Im trying to bulk up. Do you recommend any other supplements to take while on Jack3d? Im currently doing protein shakes and what not.
Hey Bro.

Jack3d will not do much in the bulking depo. It will give you killer workouts though. I love the stuff.
As far as gaining weight you can't go wrong with protein shakes and eating right.

The rule of thumb for bulking would be to consume at least 1.5 g's of protein per lb of body weight per day.

So if you weigh 150lbs you want at least 225 g's of protein per day.
As your weight goes up so should your protein intake.

There is a load of info on this forum. At 150 lbs stick with the protein and a good diet. Keep reading and go from there.

JP.

Mar430

Awards
Hey Bro.

Jack3d will not do much in the bulking depo. It will give you killer workouts though. I love the stuff.
As far as gaining weight you can't go wrong with protein shakes and eating right.

The rule of thumb for bulking would be to consume at least 1.5 g's of protein per lb of body weight per day.

So if you weigh 150lbs you want at least 225 g's of protein per day.
As your weight goes up so should your protein intake.

There is a load of info on this forum. At 150 lbs stick with the protein and a good diet. Keep reading and go from there.

JP.
Question, is that 1.5 grams of protein total for a day or 1.5 grams of protein of shakes (powers, mixes, etc) plus regular meals?

farrellzach

farrellzach

Awards
Question, is that 1.5 grams of protein total for a day or 1.5 grams of protein of shakes (powers, mixes, etc) plus regular meals?
That's 1.5 grams per pound of body weight. So shakes and food-whatever it takes to get there. I like food a little more just because shakes don't sit well with me at all

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Start with 1 to test tolerance. Two is plenty for me at well over 200 pounds. If you need more just increase until you get optimal results. Unless you have one hell of a tolerance, I couldn't see three scoops.
Perfect recommendations.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
^^^ agreed.

as for the bulking question, well..
protein is not the answer in itself. sure, protein is necessary to build mucsle, but it's a common misconception to 'increase protein intake' if you are trying to gain weight/size.
bulking, it always comes down to caloric excess, and to do it right you need quality carbs (and lots of 'em) in the mix..
so - I tell you to increase your potato/rice/oats intake, as well as bumping the protein.
fats will play a part as well, but if you are eating a ton of carbs you will not want to go overboard with fats.