Prime and acetylcholine

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
In the paper describing Prime, I have read that Prime might increase the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Does it mean that we should avoid supplement like acetyl-l-carnitine, TMG, caffeine that also increase this neurotransmitter?

MorningMetal

Awards
No. In the amounts they're talking, there would be no risk for an increase in acetylcholine in the body. Because Prime and aminos like Carnitine, etc increase acetylcholine more or less naturally, it's safe. It's involved in so many critical processes in the body in relation to muscle contraction and other interactions between all 3 types of muscle and the nervous system. Were your body to produce more acetylcholine than it needed or wanted, and started to see it as a possible danger, your body would produce more acetylcholinesterase, which is the enzyme that slows down the activity of acetylcholine by attaching itself to the receptor sites.

To give you an idea of what I mean, Nerve agents that the military and terrorists use on people, work by stopping the production of acetylcholinesterase, thereby allowing the acetylcholine to continue to be fired off and causing rapid uncontrolled muscle contractions, seizures, etc.

So in short, nah you're good, bro.

MacWanted

Awards
  • Established
No. In the amounts they're talking, there would be no risk for an increase in acetylcholine in the body. Because Prime and aminos like Carnitine, etc increase acetylcholine more or less naturally, it's safe. It's involved in so many critical processes in the body in relation to muscle contraction and other interactions between all 3 types of muscle and the nervous system. Were your body to produce more acetylcholine than it needed or wanted, and started to see it as a possible danger, your body would produce more acetylcholinesterase, which is the enzyme that slows down the activity of acetylcholine by attaching itself to the receptor sites.

To give you an idea of what I mean, Nerve agents that the military and terrorists use on people, work by stopping the production of acetylcholinesterase, thereby allowing the acetylcholine to continue to be fired off and causing rapid uncontrolled muscle contractions, seizures, etc.

So in short, nah you're good, bro.
Thank you for your information. I was scared that it could slow down your heart beats.

Do you know if thiamine (denfotiamine) can be taken with Prime as it is also influance the level of acethylcholine. I was about to use it for my nerve issues (maybe a pinched one in cervical) that cause numbness in my hands when I am sleeping. I am already get improvement with methyl-b12 but I am also thinking of using benfotiamine.

What do you think?

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established
Well, I at least we have the idea on how we will use this product with a combination of our preferred supplements. :)