Glut-4 activation window

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.38%

Glut-4 activation window

When taking AP and PSlin 15-20 minutes prior to a meal to get proper Glut-4 activation beforehand...is there a limited time frame that this activation occurs and then starts to diminish?

For instance, some takes a couple of caps of AP, gets caught up doing things for about 45+mins, then eats. Is there information on these supplements that show a particular window when you would want to eat you rmeal afterwards? When do the diminishing returns start before needing another dose to get the desired effect of the Glut-4 activation?

Sporto
    IFPA Professional Bodybuilder
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer
    Scivation Sponsored Athlete

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I Believe the window is 15 mins-90 mins after you dose. after 90mins I believe it starts to have diminished effects.

not 100% sure though. wait for a rep to confirm it.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

bump for confirmation!
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.67%
    Achievements Posting Pro

bump for confirmation
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    bump for confirmation!
    Quote Originally Posted by benj851 View Post
    bump for confirmation
    Yeah bump

Got Glycophase ...?

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.42%

bump as well
  7. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quite a bumpy thread!

First, some background. As is well-known, the pattern of GLUT-4 activation and deactivation (when GLUT-4 proteins revert to the cytoplasm) depend on the initial source of the trigger or stimulus. This trigger or stimulus can be insulin, exercise (muscle contractions), or Anabolic Pump/P-Slin. In particular, Anabolic Pump/P-Slin activate GLUT-4 completely independent of exercise and insulin; exercise activates GLUT-4 via 5' Adenosine Monophosphate-activated Protein Kinase (AMPK) [actually via increased GLUT-4 mRNA gene transcription], while insulin stimulates GLUT-4 via binding on and activation of insulin receptors. GLUT-4 transport proteins are at the core of glucose disposal. Like GLUT-1, GLUT-2, GLUT-3, and GLUT-5, GLUT-4 is technically a hexose transporter that effectively transports hexose down a concentration gradient. As it turns out, cellular glucose uptake occurs via facilitated diffusion through these so-called hexose transporters.

Now to GLUT-4 half-life. Insulin is metabolized in the liver and has a relatively short half-life of about five minutes in a normal individual. Consequently, insulin-induced GLUT-4 translocation is acute and corresponds to rapid glucose disposal (and, depending on carbohydrate amount, can trigger post-prandial oxidative stress). Exercise-induced GLUT-4 translocation falls off rapidly after cessation of physical exertion. The Anabolic Window of Opportunity here is generally regarded as ninety minutes, although GLUT-4 translocation may last a while longer. In general, though, GLUT-4 is estimated to have a half-life of between six and ten hours. This is why taking up to three capsules of Anabolic Pump daily can, in principle, sustain a steady-state maintenance of GLUT-4 action. Furthermore, even though GLUT-4 proteins may have a half-life of more than six hours, glucose disposal would not be equally effective with repeated consumption of equivalent amounts of carbohydrates within this interval. At best, carbohydrate consumption should be tapered off within this time period.

The recommended fifteen to twenty minutes waiting period between Anabolic Pump intake and carbohydrate-containing macronutrient consumption is important to ensure initial translocation of GLUT-4 from the cytoplasm to the cell membrane. This timing is a guide. For some, thirty minutes would be a more effective window. So this, just like the appropriate post-Anabolic Pump carbohydrate intake, may require some experimentation. Yet, while it is doubtful there are any advantages in waiting beyond thirty minutes post-Anabolic Pump intake before consuming carbohydrate-containing meals, it may be unavoidable from time to time to wait longer than thirty minutes (for instance, for reasons outlined by the original poster). Such once-in-a-while incidences would not negate the overall effects of Anabolic Pump/P-Slin. As is obvious, GLUT-4 translocation has little pharmacological relevance in the absence of carbohydrates/glucose. Consequently, once GLUT-4 transport proteins are activated (within fifteen to thirty minutes of Anabolic Pump/P-Slin intake), it is absolutely important to consume carbohydrates to take advantage of this biological event. In the absence of glucose, GLUT-4 proteins may revert to the cytoplasm. When this happens depends on different factors, and the process may set in gradually after about one hour to ninety minutes post-GLUT-4-translocation.

Finally, the precise pharmacological action of Anabolic-Pump-induced GLUT-4 activity in different users would depend on several factors, including lifestyle (including exercise habits, diet, sedentary/non-sedentary, and so on), state of health, and genetics. This is pretty obvious, I guess.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

Got Glycophase ...?

9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.02%

Wow, incredible post. I bookmarked it! I have been using pslin/ap/glycobol cycling through the three. Other than the staple supplements, these glucose managing/disposal products are by far my favorite and have helped get rid of my fear of carbs, structure my diet a little and educate myself more about glut 4. A few questions if I may:

• If pslin/ap is taken - why is it so neccesary to have complex carbs. Now I agree with and practice this principal and understand a bit how carbs are stored - what is the difference between oats and oatmeal cookies in regards to how AP/Pslin work
    • This is just my personal observation - If i eat 25 grams of high quality carbs i don't notice much - however when I eat out or eat 50-125 grams of carbs it really seems to be more effective. By effective I mean I see better results in body composition and simply in the way my body looks. I am not sure if this has something to do with a cheat meal/increased leptin, glycogen being stored more efficiently/ carbs being disposed of? I have been using it for a while and so is it possible that I need more to get the desired effect?
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.17%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Aviad View Post
    Wow, incredible post. I bookmarked it!
    The best part... He probably did it from his iPhone while driving... hahaha

Thanks Ike!
    \\ USPlabs Alpha Ginger //
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.91%

Quote Originally Posted by borobulker View Post
    The best part... He probably did it from his iPhone while driving... hahaha

Thanks Ike!
    For real! The effortless depth of knowledge continues to amaze me. Curious though, whats your educational background? or to be more up front, what courses/books have gotten you to this depth of knowledge?
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.25%

Quote Originally Posted by SynergyIre View Post
    For real! The effortless depth of knowledge continues to amaze me. Curious though, whats your educational background? or to be more up front, what courses/books have gotten you to this depth of knowledge?
    He`s The One...and The Matrix has you!

Got Glycophase ...?

13. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.19%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

...[*]If pslin/ap is taken - why is it so neccesary to have complex carbs. Now I agree with and practice this principal and understand a bit how carbs are stored - what is the difference between oats and oatmeal cookies in regards to how AP/Pslin work...
    The difference between oats and (oatmeal) cookies (depending on the amount of simple carbphydrates added) roughly corresponds to the difference between complex and simple carbohydrates.

In particular, the digestion of carbohydrates requires the initial hydrolysis of polysaccharides (complex carbohydrates, or alternatively, monosaccharides bound together by glycosidic bonds) to monosaccharides (the simplest forms of carbohydrates) such as glucose. Ultimately, these monosaccharides (in this case, glucose) are absorbed into epithelial cells via the so-called sodium-potassium pump (Na+/K+ ATPase, so called because in this process, ATP is broken down into ADP + Pi as Na+ is pumped out of the cell and K+ is pumped in) transport mechanism, and are channelled into the hepatic portal vein for passive transportation to the liver via glucose transport proteins in a process known as facilitated diffusion (so-called because no energy expenditure is involved in the process), before their release into circulation. In terms of fructose, also a monosaccharide, the absorption into epithelial cells occurs independently of a Na+ passive transport system. This is not particularly significant, though, as glucose, metabolically, is the key monosaccharide, and other monosaccharides are ultimately converted into glucose or glycogen (a polysaccharide).

Carbohydrates must go through the processes of digestion, absorption, and glycolysis (breakdown of glucose or glycogen into pyruvic acid via enzymatic reactions in the cytoplasm to yield adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NADH)) before they are liberated for energy requirements or stored as glycogen in cells. With complex carbohydrates, digestive enzymes must breakdown the different glycosidic bonds to generate monosaccharides for intestinal absorption. This process is much faster with simple carbohydrates, as these carbohydrates are in a form conducive for rapid digestion and absorption. The longer digestion and absorption time required for complex carbohydrates not only ensures the body can tap into a steady source of energy, but also restricts the amount of carbohydrates ultimately stored in adipose cells. Put differently, simple carbohydrates usually have a significantly more rapid elevating effect on blood glucose and circulating insulin levels, while complex carbohydrates do not result in these rapid spikes, as they must first go through the metabolic process of hydrolysis into monosaccharides, thus limiting rapid elevations in blood glucose and insulin levels, as well as the potential storage of carbohydrates in adipocytes as fat.

[*]This is just my personal observation - If i eat 25 grams of high quality carbs i don't notice much - however when I eat out or eat 50-125 grams of carbs it really seems to be more effective. By effective I mean I see better results in body composition and simply in the way my body looks. I am not sure if this has something to do with a cheat meal/increased leptin, glycogen being stored more efficiently/ carbs being disposed of? I have been using it for a while and so is it possible that I need more to get the desired effect?
    P-Slin boasts one of the highest concentrations and amounts of corosolic acid and specific (lagerstroemia speciosa) tannins around per serving, making P-Slin an extremely potent glucose disposal agent. Consequently, it is designed to be used pre-consumption of a minimum of about 60gr and up to about 120-130gr of complex carbohydrates. P-Slin truly shines within this range of complex carbohydrate consumption. Using much lower amounts of complex carbohydrates might induce feelings of lethargy and other hypoglycemia-type reactions.
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.02%

If you could see me know I am standing up applauding at the response to my post. Thank you for the response and the continued wisdom strategicmove!
  15. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.19%

If you could see me know I am standing up applauding at the response to my post. Thank you for the response and the continued wisdom strategicmove!
    I am glad you found my response useful. Thank you for supporting USPLabs!
  16. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    I am glad you found my response useful. Thank you for supporting USPLabs!
    Always find your posts informative, if I dont get confused, I usually learn something.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

17. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    79.42%

Okay, I'm sold. Placed another order for AP and P-Slin. Excellent responses.
  18. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.19%

Quote Originally Posted by seunim View Post
    Okay, I'm sold. Placed another order for AP and P-Slin. Excellent responses.
    Thank you for choosing USPLabs!
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.02%

Amazing info here. I'm another AP addict

Similar Forum Threads

1. activation e-mail
    By firedoghfd in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 06:37 PM
  2. Glut 4 is activated by what compound?
    By John Smeton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 04:35 PM
  3. ORal Activation of AAS
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 07:20 PM