Perfect plan meals

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
I've looked at this plan and began to follow it last week, but I'm curious if this diet should be follow on all days, or just workout days? I have a Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri workout schedule and was curious what would be the best routine to follow on Wed/Sat/Sun?

I was considering maybe higher fats Wed, higher carbs Sat, and no carbs sunday?

Any Ideas on how much fat/carbs, or timing advice, or any other ideas?

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Anyone from USPLabs that can chime in here?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Personally, I have been using the program every day. Keep in mind, strength is my primary goal, body comp is secondary and aesthetics is tertiary.

This being said, this is a VERY different program than I typically run. I do not feel depleted, and I actually feel pretty strong for losing 22lbs since Dec. 22.

Now - You are obviously correct in swapping the fat and carb intake; do not have high intake of both at the same time. One or the other.

In terms of amounts and timing. this is developed by your personal stats and goals.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I have been using the program every day. Keep in mind, strength is my primary goal, body comp is secondary and aesthetics is tertiary.

This being said, this is a VERY different program than I typically run. I do not feel depleted, and I actually feel pretty strong for losing 22lbs since Dec. 22.

Now - You are obviously correct in swapping the fat and carb intake; do not have high intake of both at the same time. One or the other.

In terms of amounts and timing. this is developed by your personal stats and goals.
The main reason I used this plan was because it was something totally different than I had previously been doing.

Right now, I'm 6Ft 200ish (started about 206 2 weeks ago) around 11-12% - I'm looking to get down to around 190 while maintaining as much strength as possible.

In the past carb cycling has worked well for this, so I though using that strategy may help on my off days, and ideas on the best ways to go about this or what days would be best for higher carbs/high fats?

And out of curiosity and tips that you've learned to this diet? Like things you've found as a "snack", what meals you go to for the occasional allowed cheat, or just some of the meals you use for the 5 given?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The main reason I used this plan was because it was something totally different than I had previously been doing.

My exact reasoning as well. I had never seen a program that was so well timed in terms of strategic nutrient timing. Carbs when you need carbs, fat when you need fat, etc.

Right now, I'm 6Ft 200ish (started about 206 2 weeks ago) around 11-12% - I'm looking to get down to around 190 while maintaining as much strength as possible.

Should be no problem What type of conditioning work are you doing (I hate the word cardio).

In the past carb cycling has worked well for this, so I though using that strategy may help on my off days, and ideas on the best ways to go about this or what days would be best for higher carbs/high fats?

Same here. I have dabled with Troponin based carb cycling but I felt VERY bloated on my high days and drained, empty and flat on my low days. I doubt Jacob or anyone would recommend this but typically on my non-training days, I increase my calories. My off-days are my 'recovery' days. This increase allows me to come in and smash it on training days and still run low enough to make my conditioning work effective.

And out of curiosity and tips that you've learned to this diet? Like things you've found as a "snack", what meals you go to for the occasional allowed cheat, or just some of the meals you use for the 5 given?

As part of the 'large salads', I do a 75/25 mix of EVOO and Lemon Juice. I have been eating more salads than ever before, and actually looking forward to them. I am noticing that the small cookie/treat with the pre-training meal is doing wonders for my craving control. For the last 2 weeks, I have used Hawaiian choco covered mac nuts!

The AM conditioning work is working well too, when I come home I am ready to work!!!

I have been running the 5th meal; a few FO caps and a 75/25 of casein/whey + 10g of BCAA.
See bolded responses above.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply! I definitely enjoy the small cheat treat, seems to almost eliminate junk food craving since you get to look forward to one on every training day (4 days for me) and all i've been using is 90cal oatmeal chewy bars (choc/choc-pb)

As for training I've been trying to keep reps in the 6-8 range as of late, but I do very little cardio. I usually run home from the gym which is about a mile 4 times a week, and I've been doing the P90X ab ripperX in the mornings (but I'm really not sure if this works for what was intended in the plan) - when spring time comes around i'll begin to alternate 15 min run/15HIIT for morning cardio, and add a few HIIT/45min session into the day.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks for the reply! I definitely enjoy the small cheat treat, seems to almost eliminate junk food craving since you get to look forward to one on every training day (4 days for me) and all i've been using is 90cal oatmeal chewy bars (choc/choc-pb)

Exactly... and the chewy bar is Ohhh so satisfying. I can tell myself, no need to eat like an idiot tonight, I can smash a cookie tomorrow during the day. I feast on my large salads and veggies now. It is all about keeping my tummy full, and looking towards tomorrow.

As for training I've been trying to keep reps in the 6-8 range as of late, but I do very little cardio. I usually run home from the gym which is about a mile 4 times a week, and I've been doing the P90X ab ripperX in the mornings (but I'm really not sure if this works for what was intended in the plan) - when spring time comes around i'll begin to alternate 15 min run/15HIIT for morning cardio, and add a few HIIT/45min session into the day.

I like the high intensity, 6-8 rep range. You get the best of both worlds. I have not done the ab ripper X but I have done the Yoga DVD and the stretching DVD. I truly like both of them. I have also messed with Tabata type training on days I cannot get to the gym. One of my favorite is going into my garage and doing this cycle;
20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, 8 sets each, then move to next move.
Car tire wood choppers
Roof truss pull ups
bodyweight squats (occasionally with car tire on shoulder)
upright bike sprints

This takes 4 minutes and is hell.

Very good stuff here.

Orangepeel

Orangepeel

Awards
  • Established
Figured I'd throw a little update in here, I've been following this plan fully for 2 weeks now, and kinda followed it for a week before (with the exception of superbowl Sunday, ate 2 large pizzas, 2 dozen wings, and some mozzarella sticks)

I weighed in today at 196, -10Lbs - I've done virtually no cardio to get here and as a result have lost very little, if any strength! Good stuff USP!

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Figured I'd throw a little update in here, I've been following this plan fully for 2 weeks now, and kinda followed it for a week before (with the exception of superbowl Sunday, ate 2 large pizzas, 2 dozen wings, and some mozzarella sticks)

I weighed in today at 196, -10Lbs - I've done virtually no cardio to get here and as a result have lost very little, if any strength! Good stuff USP!
hahaha i love the binge meal... much like mine.

Very good results man. thank you!