USPlabs / supp's / me?

EMARTIN

Awards
  • Established
Newish to this lifestyle (weights and supplements)…

I have a concern that I need some advice on. I am 41 with a very clean diet (cutting currently). When I was “bulking” I was taking PowerFULL and to be honest I felt nothing while on it and no change after ceasing its use. I am aware that there is a very real “non-responder” to supplements. My question is: Is this telling for USPlabs products / formulation and Ishodul move on to try a different company / formulation of products or is that a single product experience and I might respond WONDERFULLY to USPlabs product X (Prime – new inner circle test booster to be announced next week- whatever)…

I do not have a ton of money to blow on experiments if I do not have to.

My supplements are the bare basics and a very clean diet as of right now. Looking for that “little bit extra” to add to the menu of good food / good work out / good rest….

Thanks!

For what its worth, say I do use a test booster, if it is a natural / herbal booster do I need to use anything in conjunction (stacked) with it?

intheflesh

intheflesh

Awards
Just because you're a non-responder to a single product, or you received a product from a bad batch, you won't be a non-responder to an entire company's products.

EMARTIN

Awards
  • Established
Just because you're a non-responder to a single product, or you received a product from a bad batch, you won't be a non-responder to an entire company's products.

I suppose my question or the way I asked it makes me look pretty nieve. My underlying question (the one I should have asked) is: Is there a way to best determine if something is "right" for you or if you will respond to it, before buying? While I do not have the cash to do a bunch of experimentation I do not mind paying for something that I am confident will do what it says it will and that I will reap the rewards for utilizing.

OEP has been great, stacking it with a PM Recreate dose has been even better... I will continue to use those as they fit into my goals.

Gonzo14

Gonzo14

Awards
  • Established
I suppose my question or the way I asked it makes me look pretty nieve. My underlying question (the one I should have asked) is: Is there a way to best determine if something is "right" for you or if you will respond to it, before buying? While I do not have the cash to do a bunch of experimentation I do not mind paying for something that I am confident will do what it says it will and that I will reap the rewards for utilizing.

OEP has been great, stacking it with a PM Recreate dose has been even better... I will continue to use those as they fit into my goals.
Trail and error my friend. To each, their own body, and how their own body works, responds, and feels.
Everytime you try a new supplement its an experiment. You can't get around that. I can sit here and tell you how great I think stacking Recreate, AP and Pslin is all by USP, and it might very well work for me, but I can find people who it doesn't work for.
I know people that didnt respond to recreate/AP but think OEP is the greatest thing ever.
No one wants to buy products that dont work. But thats a risk you have to take to find one thats great. Your best bet is to read what others think about products, how they trained and ate while using it, and how they dosed it.
Follow others medthods as guide lines that worked and tweak to fit your body.

By NO means does the fact you dont respond to just powerFULL mean you might not respond to AP or OEP or Recreate, or any USP product. and It is possible the batch your bottle came out of just sucked, though I doubt that happened.
Bottom line is several factors play into response, USP brings the goods, so dont give up on them yet, but also search other horizons too, its all based on your body and your goals.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Don't overlook USPlabs because of powerfull.

You didn't even see improved deeper sleep?

Like gonzo said, there are people who don't respond to recreate or AP but are raving over OEP.
Also, just because you don't feel it, does not mean its not working.
I don't get "pumped" when i eat carbs after taking AP, but i do see muscle fullness, and body fat reduction while still eating carbs!

topcop196

topcop196

Awards
Case in point, I did not respond all that well to AP or to Prime, but I get DICED on Recreate. Super Cissus is another product that I absolutely refuse to train without.

Just goes to show that just because one product does not work for you, you should not dismiss an entire arsenal offered by that manufacturer.

EMARTIN

Awards
  • Established
Don't overlook USPlabs because of powerfull.

You didn't even see improved deeper sleep?
First night was AWESOME... I beleive it was total plecebo effect though. Never got a good night after that until I finished up the bottle. It was quite depressing! I could have given my wife $50.00 and been much more creative with how I lost sleep...

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Here is my .02,

People throw around the term "non-responder" so much in the supplemental world its comical. There are SO many factors that play into the whole scheme of the results happening to the trainee outside the actual supplement itself and those things in short would be comprised of training/diet/rest. Of course, 90% of trainees will quickly blow this fact off and claim to be perfect in every facet. But I have been around the fitness world long enough to know that almost ALWAYS there are many improvements one can make. I have taken my clients several times and made little tweaks to the big three and bam, the results start flying in.

My main point is that people quickly write supplements off when they don't overcome the flaws they have in their training/diet/rest, and the fact is - they NEVER will.

In this specific case, Martin - you claimed you were bulking. A caloric surplus often is accompanied by an increase in meal frequency. This can completely render Powerfull ineffective if you dose the supplement too close to meals, especially ones containing carbohydrates. Maybe this helps some, because I have used Powerfull consistently for years and it is one of the products I have always sworn by and I know it works.

It is possible you just don't respond well to it, that does happen - just not as often as people claim. Maybe some of this helps...

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
Here is my .02,

People throw around the term "non-responder" so much in the supplemental world its comical. There are SO many factors that play into the whole scheme of the results happening to the trainee outside the actual supplement itself and those things in short would be comprised of training/diet/rest. Of course, 90% of trainees will quickly blow this fact off and claim to be perfect in every facet. But I have been around the fitness world long enough to know that almost ALWAYS there are many improvements one can make. I have taken my clients several times and made little tweaks to the big three and bam, the results start flying in.

My main point is that people quickly write supplements off when they don't overcome the flaws they have in their training/diet/rest, and the fact is - they NEVER will.

In this specific case, Martin - you claimed you were bulking. A caloric surplus often is accompanied by an increase in meal frequency. This can completely render Powerfull ineffective if you dose the supplement too close to meals, especially ones containing carbohydrates. Maybe this helps some, because I have used Powerfull consistently for years and it is one of the products I have always sworn by and I know it works.

It is possible you just don't respond well to it, that does happen - just not as often as people claim. Maybe some of this helps...
Great post. Supplements are just what their name implies - they're supplemental. The majority of your results depend on your diet and training, supplements just give you a little boost to help reach your goal.

EMARTIN

Awards
  • Established
Here is my .02,

I am not going to claim to be the expert... I am asking for advice...

I did follow the directions and avoided meals pre and post dosing by at LEAST an hour. There certainly may have been other mitigating factors in my diet / training / rest. Again, not an expert.

I am all about learning what works and what does not and what sublte tweaks can be made to my benefit and reach my goals. I simply do not have the money to try many different sups in an effort to find what "works" best for me and what is not cost effective (large dollars for little return).

I read read and read. Very open to suggestions as I am about as lean as I have ever been and am getting ready to start putting the pounds on much smarter and MUCH leaner than last time. Just not sure how to best acheive that.

Thanks again all. Much appreciated!!!!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Just to maybe clarify a bit. I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was simply making a general broad stroke for the most part. However, maybe you did do everything right and just didn't respond all that well to it - that is a very real possibility judging by your seemingly thorough outlook.

Good luck with your continued journey in fitness, and please if you have any questions at all and want a good honest answer, just ask.

EMARTIN

Awards
  • Established
No worries BlackJack!!!! I have HUGE gaps in my knowledge and am eager to soak up as much as I can. Why learn the same stuff, that other folks have been through, the hard way when I can save some time and money listening to those that are willing to share findings and "best practices".

Thanks!