Prime and excessive DOMS?

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Anyone experience this?

I am experiencing this terribly in my 6th week(12 week stack) after squats and deads back to back. 5x5's.

Started Oct 1st- ending Dec. 31.

Weeks 1-4

PP TRS and Prime

Weeks 5-8- Starting week 7 monday.

DTH and Prime

Weeks 9- 12

DTH, DTP and Prime.

I am ramping up to 9 caps of Prime starting on monday. If the DOMS effect doesnt change by the end of november I will be cutting out Prime for the rest of my 12 week run.

Happy with strength gains, doms can GTFO.

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
I had really heavy DOMS the end of my first week on Prime from a back & biceps workout. Other than that one time it seemed like I couldn't get DOMS no matter what I did. Now I'm off and it's a different story.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I had really heavy DOMS the end of my first week on Prime from a back & biceps workout. Other than that one time it seemed like I couldn't get DOMS no matter what I did. Now I'm off and it's a different story.
I only ask because I have read it elsewhere on a few select individuals.

It appears I may get those sides as well. Bumping up to 9 ED this week, I am going to run it through november(sink or swim).

I will then make a decision on continuing it through december or not.

nemo

nemo

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently in my 2nd week of a 2 month run of prime. I haven't noticed an increase in DOMS.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I personally have never seen increased DOMS while using PRIME, usually the opposite.

Are you using higher training weights than normal K?

Digger45

Awards
I have run two 12 week cycles with no DOMS. 2nd run much better than first for strength gains. Boro do you need to cycle off the AP and Powerfull like you do with PRIME? I usually stay off all 3 for 4-6 weeks. Is that sufficient?

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have run two 12 week cycles with no DOMS. 2nd run much better than first for strength gains. Boro do you need to cycle off the AP and Powerfull like you do with PRIME? I usually stay off all 3 for 4-6 weeks. Is that sufficient?
Totally fine. All three of those products would carry an approximate max length of 12-16 weeks, with 4-6 weeks off.

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I get the exact opposite...no DOMS whatsoever when on Prime

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I get the exact opposite...no DOMS whatsoever when on Prime
Same here. I did get DOMS, but it was severely diminished in comparison to when I'm not on tha Prime.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Well then I guess Prime isnt working for me.

:(

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Don't stop taking it man. It takes some time to see real results with it but as long as you're lifting hard and eating right it should work for you.
Thanks for the advice.

I will continue to run Prime through November and see what happens.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Just because you are feeling DOMS, that has nothing to do with product efficacy. Everyone is different man. The DOMS is most likely totally unrelated to Prime. Could be many different things.

- Lack of proper rest
- Not enough protein
- Lacking vital nutrients in your diet
- Over training
- potentially another supplement you may have added recently

Those are just a few, maybe that helps a bit.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
From a older guy's perspective, I notice that my soreness is much shorter in duration and intensity while on Prime. I'm still doing 6 x day 5 on 2 off and still responding well.

Anyone experience this?

I am experiencing this terribly in my 6th week(12 week stack) after squats and deads back to back. 5x5's.

Started Oct 1st- ending Dec. 31.

Weeks 1-4

PP TRS and Prime

Weeks 5-8- Starting week 7 monday.

DTH and Prime

Weeks 9- 12

DTH, DTP and Prime.

I am ramping up to 9 caps of Prime starting on monday. If the DOMS effect doesnt change by the end of november I will be cutting out Prime for the rest of my 12 week run.

Happy with strength gains, doms can GTFO.
Looks like DOMS started when you included DTH?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well then I guess Prime isnt working for me.

:(
Possibly that one aspect perhaps, I must say I do not experience much of a change either wey untill I increase the dosage. I do get all the other great benefits however. Here's what I think is happening to you, your working harder so your experiencing more doms. The recovery aspect of Prime is not that prominent for you.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Just because you are feeling DOMS, that has nothing to do with product efficacy. Everyone is different man. The DOMS is most likely totally unrelated to Prime. Could be many different things.

- Lack of proper rest
- Not enough protein
- Lacking vital nutrients in your diet
- Over training
- potentially another supplement you may have added recently

Those are just a few, maybe that helps a bit.
Nah, none of them fit the bill.
Sleep is great.
Protein is covered.
Diet is pretty good.Not the cleanest, but calorically and balance wise, i hit daily.
Overtraining, possibly. Not on squats and deads for 10 sets total, though.
Possibly having a backlash from the Endoamp in regards of cortisol.

I will know by the end of November.

From a older guy's perspective, I notice that my soreness is much shorter in duration and intensity while on Prime. I'm still doing 6 x day 5 on 2 off and still responding well.
Older? What are you saying exactly? lol. :)

Looks like DOMS started when you included DTH?
Nah, I have ran DTH twice. Old and new DTH. Not the culprit.

Doms could very well be from a back lash from the Endoamp, I would think the Prime and DTH would have kept me from seeing that. I will know by the end of the month what the deal is. If i get two more Squats and Deads related DOMS sessions like this last one, I will drop it.

Possibly that one aspect perhaps, I must say I do not experience much of a change either wey untill I increase the dosage. I do get all the other great benefits however. Here's what I think is happening to you, your working harder so your experiencing more doms. The recovery aspect of Prime is not that prominent for you.
Time will tell. I upped the dosage to 9 caps ED now. This is the stronger formula btw. On workout days, I eat 6 caps within 2 hours of lifting.

Thanks for all the input guys.