AP and pancreatits...

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
I just spent the last day in the hospital with acute pancreatitis (they think), i was wondering if I should discontinue AP and/or Recreate and why? Thanks.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
I just spent the last day in the hospital with acute pancreatitis (they think), i was wondering if I should discontinue AP and/or Recreate and why? Thanks.
Well as always when it comes to this situation, consult FIRST with your doctor. This I will say both AP and P-slin cause the pancreas to be MORE active because they allow for better insulin sensitivity. Insulin is released from the beta-cells of the pancreas so that it may reduce blood glucose levels. With being said, I personally do NOT feel you should take it at the moment, again verify with your doctor.:cheers:

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Agreed with above, I think its smart anytime you deal with something serious to discontinue all supplements that could remotely cause the problem. Even if its likely not the cause, its your health bro - don't f with that.

Definitely talk to the doc though that's the first move, always.

BigNutz

BigNutz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the quick responses guys. I am in no way bashing USP labs products or saying they contributed to any of this, I just want to be safe.

The pain I was in was nearly indescribable. I mean when that demaroll kicked in it was better than a thousand orgasms. Do not mess with your GI health.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the quick responses guys. I am in no way bashing USP labs products or saying they contributed to any of this, I just want to be safe....
Understood. Although I doubt AP/Recreate triggered it, you should discontinue use, as already suggested by earlier posters, and consult with your medical practitioner.

Blutarski

Blutarski

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had panreatitis twice, as you said the pain is...wow. Hope they found out what your problem was, it took awhile for them to believe me that I wasn't a closet alchoholic! Ended up being a combo of really high triglycerides and a gallstone. Good luck, and as the others said I'd be careful with any supps that might trigger anything. P.S, gotta love that Demerol! I'd like to have an IV when I get a migraine once a month.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
About 5 years ago I developed Pancreatitis. Yes, the pain is so unbelievable. I was drinking way too much beer at the time, and with diabetes running in my family, im sure that wasnt helping either.

Recently I got great news following a check up. My cholesterol is way better, and no sign of diabetes yet. I have to give a lot of credit to cleaning up the majority of my diet, and working out. I also think that Usp labs supps had a hand in this as well. Ive heard some of their products are good for lowering bad cholesterol. Also the Recreate has helped with making better choices when selecting foods to eat. Last, the support I recieve from the knowledgable staff at Usplabsdirect.com have helped educate me more on nutrion, training, and product use.