AP Dosing Schedule

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
Figure I would ask in here as well as the FAQ. I was hoping you might be able to shed some light on the ideal dosing for me. I have to work around my work schedule. Below is my current schedule. I am dosing before and after my workout. Would you suggest moving my AP meal to Meal 3, for the 6-8 hr half-life? Or should I stick to 2 a day? I am dosing it this way to have the AP+carbs before my workout (which I thought was recommended. Thanks for the help.

Meal 1: 7:00am AP

Meal 2: 11:am

Meal 3: 2:00pm

Meal 4: 5:00pm AP

Workout 6:30pm-8:30pm (time varies in which I start my workout)

Meal 5: 7:45-8:30pm AP

Meal 6: 11:00pm

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I would probably keep it how you have it upon first review.

Could you describe what types of meals those are? Just describe the meal and maybe some notes on the macros of each would help us determine the best dosing protocol because it really is totally dependent on that.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
Ya i didn't include it; I just figured I would keep it short and quick. I'll try to give you a better idea about my diet.

Meal 1: AP, 2 Bananas, Greek Yogurt, 3/4 Cup Oats

Meal 2: Almonds, Some sort of fruit (usually 4 hrs after meal 1)

Meal 3: Chicken/protein with veggies

Meal 4: AP, Chicken/protein, 1/2 cup oats, fruit

Workout

Meal 5: Protein (whether it be shake, chicken/fish/etc.), ton of veggies, brown rice/sweet potato/some sort of complex carb

Meal 6: Uniliver/protein shake

Any and all advice is welcome!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Ya i didn't include it; I just figured I would keep it short and quick. I'll try to give you a better idea about my diet.

Meal 1: AP, 2 Bananas, Greek Yogurt, 3/4 Cup Oats

Meal 2: Almonds, Some sort of fruit (usually 4 hrs after meal 1)

Meal 3: Chicken/protein with veggies

Meal 4: AP, Chicken/protein, 1/2 cup oats, fruit

Workout

Meal 5: Protein (whether it be shake, chicken/fish/etc.), ton of veggies, brown rice/sweet potato/some sort of complex carb

Meal 6: Uniliver/protein shake

Any and all advice is welcome!
I presume you take the AP 15-20 minutes prior to your meals. Having said that, AP prior to your Meal 1 sounds fine. You could also take an AP each before your Meals 4 and 5, however, it might be useful to divert some more carbs to your Meal 4 (pre-workout) and switch the oats to your Meal 5.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
I presume you take the AP 15-20 minutes prior to your meals. Having said that, AP prior to your Meal 1 sounds fine. You could also take an AP each before your Meals 4 and 5, however, it might be useful to divert some more carbs to your Meal 4 (pre-workout) and switch the oats to your Meal 5.
I am still playing around with the timing, but I am going more of the carb reactive avenue and am dosing 45-30 min before. And your suggesting uping the carbs in my prewo meal and pwo as well?

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I am still playing around with the timing, but I am going more of the carb reactive avenue and am dosing 45-30 min before. And your suggesting uping the carbs in my prewo meal and pwo as well?
I suggested you consume less carbohydrates post-workout than pre-workout.