Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Haven't tried it, but I'm watching this log

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters
carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I just received my first tub of VAT Attack yesterday. When it was released I was already interested in trying it, I've been using bulk cissus and bulk 1-c and both are effective at what they're made to do. So I wanted to give VAT a try during my recomp. The only difference is that, in everyone's logs VAT Attack is used along side Recreate or other fat burners/supps. For experiments sake I'm gonna run VAT as my only "fat burner."

Currently I'm 21 at 5'9" and 180-185 lbs. I have been recomping and will keep my calories around 2000-2400. I'll post up pics of day 1 later.

As for diet, I went all out last night for a last cheat so I could stay strict for this log. And supps will include protein, bulk 1-c before bed, and cissus on game days to keep the arm from hurting (softball).

Xenabuffyfan

Xenabuffyfan

Awards
Just picked up some recreate today! Can't wait to see how yours does. Good luck.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I clicked fat lost on the poll but wanted to elaborate by saying I would describe at as a narrowing of the waist. Every couple of days I noticed it now. At first I saw it and thought damn I don't remember ever having this look. Since then my waist appears to be even smaller and I have not lost weight (largely due to the other supps Prime/AP Product X), as a matter of fact my weight is increased.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I clicked fat lost on the poll but wanted to elaborate by saying I would describe at as a narrowing of the waist. Every couple of days I noticed it now. At first I saw it and thought damn I don't remember ever having this look. Since then my waist appears to be even smaller and I have not lost weight (largely due to the other supps Prime/AP Product X), as a matter of fact my weight is increased.
How much would you attribute to VAT Attack?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much would you attribute to VAT Attack?
I have to give a lot of credit to Vat Attack for the smaller waist cuz this is a pretty new sensation for me as I am normally kind of thick waisted.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
same with me. im carrying a little extra BF in these pics because I have been traveling more in the past month, and while away i had very little control over the diet so i was mostly eating burgers or steaks just to keep cals and protein up as much as possible. but now that i'm on VAT i'm back to a strict diet.

First Workout tomorrow.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
A similar thing is happening with me. My lifting belt has to be pulled tighter but I haven't really lost any weight(only about 3-4 lbs). I've cut carbs back, kept protein pretty much the same, and cut about 18g fat per day. I cut my cals from what they were where I was gaining weight before, by about 500/day. The thing is, I look like I've lost fat but I haven't lost weight and my strength is the same and actually going up still on legs. I don't know wth is going on lol. This hasn't happened to me before.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
subbed...

I have been taking it since a little after it came out. Like DW, I am endo-meso and have noticed the same thing...usually I have really pronounced man-handles and can't seem to shake them until I get really lean (10% bf or so).

Since I started taking it I def. noticed my midsection looking more cut, even at a time when I am having difficulty getting to the gym and getting enough workouts.

Good luck!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Cool, I'm excited to see what it does for me.

Today was the first work out. Nothing spectacular, but nothing was expected. Cals are at 2,200 for now. Enough to keep strength up and lose BF.
Fasted cardio with aminos tomorrow morning.
Pics up at the end of the week.

I can post diet, but its pretty much basic. Oats, chicken/turkey, nuts/oils, steak...
I carb cycle slightly. Mondays and Tuesdays are my highest carb days...the rest of the week its really just carbs around physical activity.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
subb'd, i wanna look into getting Vat Attack sometime late august/early sept. Cant wait to see how it fair for you.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
I have noticed a huge difference also in the past week I have stopped drinking coffee and am approaching 180...was stalled around 186 or so. Apparently caffeine really does raise cortisol levels.

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Thanks for your log - because of it stumbled upon the caffiene-cortisol connection.

[hijack log]
From pubmed:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16631247

Cortisol responses to mental stress, exercise, and meals following caffeine intake in men and women.Lovallo WR, Farag NH, Vincent AS, Thomas TL, Wilson MF.
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA. [email protected]

Caffeine elevates cortisol secretion, and caffeine is often consumed in conjunction with exercise or mental stress. The interactions of caffeine and stress on cortisol secretion have not been explored adequately in women. We measured cortisol levels at eight times on days when healthy men and women consumed caffeine (250 mg x 3) and underwent either mental stress or dynamic exercise protocols, followed by a midday meal, in a double blind, placebo-controlled, crossover design. Men and women had similar cortisol levels at the predrug baselines, but they responded differently to mental stress and exercise. The cortisol response to mental stress was smaller in women than in men (p=.003). Caffeine acted in concert with mental stress to further increase cortisol levels (p=.011), the effect was similar in men and women. Exercise alone did not increase cortisol, but caffeine taken before exercise elevated cortisol in both men and women (ps<.05). After a postexercise meal, the women had a larger cortisol response than the men, and this effect was greater after caffeine (p<.01). Cortisol release in response to stress and caffeine therefore appears to be a function of the type of stressor and the sex of the subject. However, repeated caffeine doses increased cortisol levels across the test day without regard to the sex of the subject or type of stressor employed (p<.00001). Caffeine may elevate cortisol by stimulating the central nervous system in men but may interact with peripheral metabolic mechanisms in women.

PMID: 16631247 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PMCID: PMC2249754

[/end hijack log]

Will be following closely :)

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I don't drink much coffee... not in the summer at least.
I'm more into green tea. I make some hot, and then ice it down.

and my waist is definitely shrinking...and tomorrow is only the end of week 1!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
uploading some pictures of 1 week in. Probably don't see it much in the pictures, but I'm leaning out. Every morning I wake up and see it in the mirror, a little leaner.

Anyway the logs been a little slow, because this is the first week. Also this week I've bought a new phone, and I'm in the process of looking for a specific car so thats been crazy.

If you have any questions just let me know.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah there is a difference .. compare the two side shots....

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Yah there is a difference .. compare the two side shots....
thats from one week!

And this first week, my calories were strictly under control, but not necessarily always the best food sources. Plus I missed Friday's workout and haven't begun my morning fasted cardio on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.

To me, this really shows the results of VAT Attack.
Most guys out there aren't competing, and on top of it live normal lives...which include inconveniences and a lot of times not a perfect diet. So I hope this log can be helpful to them.

renkev88

renkev88

Awards
WOW! What great results after just one week!

How much and when are you dosing the VAT ATTACK?

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
WOW! What great results after just one week!

How much and when are you dosing the VAT ATTACK?

3 grams. 1 g morning, 1 g in between 3rd and 4th meals, and 1 g at night.
I parachute it so its tasteless.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
man its been a busy week and its only wednesday.

new car monday. '05 black acura rsx type-s. thats been fun.

workout monday was good. this morning was a little weak. Still loving VAT though. New pictures Friday/Saturday.

I can log diet and all that, but the pics will show the results.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been on it for 6 weeks and still I notice the waist getting uncharacteristically smaller. Like I said it is giving me a whole new look. The should have called this product V-Taper or something. I did not know what to expect and the smallish waist is a very nice surprise.

Now bring on the O-E-P to take care of some of this pocket fat!!

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
I have been on it for 6 weeks and still I notice the waist getting uncharacteristically smaller. Like I said it is giving me a whole new look. The should have called this product V-Taper or something. I did not know what to expect and the smallish waist is a very nice surprise.

Now bring on the O-E-P to take care of some of this pocket fat!!

Sep-November I will be bulking again.

Do you think stacking VAT with Prime and AP would ultimately limit fat gain and maximize muscle? I know people run recreate during bulks, but i'm responding to VAT much better.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sep-November I will be bulking again.

Do you think stacking VAT with Prime and AP would ultimately limit fat gain and maximize muscle? I know people run recreate during bulks, but i'm responding to VAT much better.
Yah I think it would be a great idea...

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Yah I think it would be a great idea...
that will be a fun log.

are you adjusting your calories while on VAT?
i know that as the body changes and fat is lost that the calories should be tapered down too, but my weight is consistently 180 right now, i'm just losing body fat.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that will be a fun log.

are you adjusting your calories while on VAT?
i know that as the body changes and fat is lost that the calories should be tapered down too, but my weight is consistently 180 right now, i'm just losing body fat.
Any time I see a slow down in fat loss I will make a small adjustment .. nothing too radical.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
my results...even without being able to work out much my waist is down another inch...to 34.5 and now I wake up and almost always weigh around 182 or under.

still not drinking coffee during the week; allow myself to cheat during the weekends as a luxury but not today...maybe tomorrow.

cheers and good work...

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
A similar thing is happening with me. My lifting belt has to be pulled tighter but I haven't really lost any weight(only about 3-4 lbs). I've cut carbs back, kept protein pretty much the same, and cut about 18g fat per day. I cut my cals from what they were where I was gaining weight before, by about 500/day. The thing is, I look like I've lost fat but I haven't lost weight and my strength is the same and actually going up still on legs. I don't know wth is going on lol. This hasn't happened to me before.
What was your dose at?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my results...even without being able to work out much my waist is down another inch...to 34.5 and now I wake up and almost always weigh around 182 or under.

still not drinking coffee during the week; allow myself to cheat during the weekends as a luxury but not today...maybe tomorrow.

cheers and good work...
That seems to be the concensus, waist gets smaller. I anticipate more good things after extended use. I continue to see improvement and I have been taking it for 8 weeks now. I guess I'll just keep taking it till I don't see any improvement any more. A smaller looking waist can really make a difference in your overall appearance.

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
That seems to be the concensus, waist gets smaller. I anticipate more good things after extended use. I continue to see improvement and I have been taking it for 8 weeks now. I guess I'll just keep taking it till I don't see any improvement any more. A smaller looking waist can really make a difference in your overall appearance.
yeah, it's definitely a great "final nail in the coffin" type of supp.

I still think for people who haven't been trying to really lose fat with diet & exercise seriously they should def. try that first. I really did notice a HUGE difference when obliterating caffeine from my diet. Also, when I do use caffeine it has a much stronger effect at a lower dose (weekend study sessions).

Funny, I did the same thing when I was 22 and in college; had great effects. I also remember feeling a lot better just drinking green tea. Everybody should listen to this webcast by Mike Mahler (borobulker gets credit for putting this up originally).

http://instantteleseminar.com/?eventid=8356161

mrlargecalves

Awards
  • Established
does caffeine reduce vat's effectiveness? i wanted to stack it with a fatburner that has stim

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
yes. caffeine will blunt some of vat's effectiveness; it causes cortisol to spike. however, it's not the end of the world; vat will still do its thing.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
hey guys,

sorry the log has been lagging. if you look through the pictures you'll notice that I had the first iphone which i had broken a while back. I upgraded to the newest iphone, and 2 weeks after that I managed to crack the screen...luckily worked the system and bought best buy insurance after the fact and got it replaced. Just got a new one yesterday, but thats why the pictures havent been updated. Today is my last day on VAT until I order more.
All I can say is that I don't want to come off this stuff ever. My diet has been OFF...totally off. I usually kept track of my calories with an app called LoseIt! on my phone, but when I had a loaner phone I just got lazy and didn't keep track of them.
Anyway, with the awful diet and even somewhat lacksadaisical workouts, I'm still leaning out!! All I can attribute this to is VAT Attack.

As soon as I find the money, I will put together a fall bulk stack which I'm hoping to include VAT, Prime, and AP....possibly powerfull and considering Jack3d. I'm not sure about VAT and jack3d together, because of the caffeine..but my workouts are really missing Jack3d

heywood

heywood

Awards
  • Established
hey guys,

sorry the log has been lagging. if you look through the pictures you'll notice that I had the first iphone which i had broken a while back. I upgraded to the newest iphone, and 2 weeks after that I managed to crack the screen...luckily worked the system and bought best buy insurance after the fact and got it replaced. Just got a new one yesterday, but thats why the pictures havent been updated. Today is my last day on VAT until I order more.
All I can say is that I don't want to come off this stuff ever. My diet has been OFF...totally off. I usually kept track of my calories with an app called LoseIt! on my phone, but when I had a loaner phone I just got lazy and didn't keep track of them.
Anyway, with the awful diet and even somewhat lacksadaisical workouts, I'm still leaning out!! All I can attribute this to is VAT Attack.

As soon as I find the money, I will put together a fall bulk stack which I'm hoping to include VAT, Prime, and AP....possibly powerfull and considering Jack3d. I'm not sure about VAT and jack3d together, because of the caffeine..but my workouts are really missing Jack3d
Yeah, I struggled with that but have decided to take jack3d anyway...hard to get nearly as good of a pump without it or Prime (off cycle right now). Also, after working hard all day sometimes I need a little pick-me-up to ready myself for an all-out-attack on the gym.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey guys,

HUGE testimonial here ... Thank You for your honest input on this product...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HUGE testimonial here ... Thank You for your honest input on this product...
Some additional input from me after 8 weeks and now close to 9 my waist continues to decrease in size. I put on my 34" jeans today and they are usually a bit snug around the waist ...it appears my waist go quite a bit smaller as they are comfortably loose around the waist after they have been washed. My legs and glutes remain large so all good signs. I got another couple months worth so I will keep it up till I stop seeing improvement or I dissappear... I mean how much VAT can there be... already more than I thought .. this is most interesting. I think USP has changed the rules again, I am most pleased. I was not expecting these kinds of changes when I purchased this product .. this time you have surpassed all claims.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
are you just taking Vat Attack for fat loss? Or are you combining it with other products like Recreate?

And great progress so far! Cant wait to see how ur doing 8 weeks in!!

acshadow

acshadow

Awards
  • Established
So this stuff is just a natural b-HSD-1 inhibitor?

hustla330

Awards
3 grams. 1 g morning, 1 g in between 3rd and 4th meals, and 1 g at night.
I parachute it so its tasteless.
I just purchased a couple bottles of VAT, and the taste is killing me, even when i mix it with other drinks or flavored powders. How would I parachute the powder?

R-Mac

R-Mac

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just purchased a couple bottles of VAT, and the taste is killing me, even when i mix it with other drinks or flavored powders. How would I parachute the powder?
dude just buy a capping kit....I just capped 100 of them in less than 10 minutes