Crushing it! Contest Prep USP Labs/Core Nutritionals Style!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
(My previous log can be found here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/usp-labs/86651-usp-lab-tester.html)

Well here we go! I have been away from posting my journal the past 5-6 weeks because I have been super busy between work, Core Nutritionals, training, and a new business venture that Steph and I are really excited about (more info to come in the next couple of months). We are also super busy with clients prepping for summer shows and should have about 5 clients competing in the Presidential Cup. We decided not to take on any clients for the fall shows because we are just so busy and need some time for our prep and new business. We will be taking on new clients again around Thanksgiving.

I started my diet 5 weeks ago, 20 weeks out from IFPA Cape Cod Pro show and 25 weeks out from the IFPA Yorton Cup Pro. The last time I competed was 2007 at the same shows. I dieted 20 and 23 weeks last time so by 25 weeks this year I'm going to be ready to chow! LOL. The shows this fall are going to be absolutely stacked with some awesome competition!

I have been very happy with my progress over the past 5 weeks as I have maintained or even gained strength across the board. I have lost about 5-6 pounds and feel most of that has come off the waist. My diet consists of carb cycling, starting with high, med, and low days but now I am basically at just high and low days. My cals are still averaging over 3000 per day and carbs are around 330-350 on high days and in the 200s on low days. I am basically entering phase II of the diet where I will be adding in morning cardio 1-2x per week and slowly increasing as we go.

As for supps, this year Jacob is helping me design the "CEO Stack" :). Right now things are still pretty basic but we will be increasing dosages and tweaking some things as we go. (I want to give a big shout out to USP Labs for their continued support of Steph and me!)

Current stack:
USP Labs AP: 2-3 per day
USP Labs Pslin: 1 per day preworkout
USP Labs Supercissus: 8-10 per day
USP Labs Powerfull: 2x3 preworkout and bed
USP Labs Recreatel: 2x2
USP Labs Product X: 5 per day
USP Labs Tribulous T extracted for Tribulosin: 3x3 per day
Core Nutritionals Core ZAP: 4 pills preworkout 4x per week
Core Nutritionals Core ABC: 2 scoops pre, 3 scoops during, 8 scoops throughout the day
Core Nutritionals Core MRP: 3 scoops (1 serving) preworkout
Core Nutritionals Core PWO: 3 scoops (1.5 servings) postworkout
AAKG
Creatine
Glutamine
Multivitamin
Fish Oil
CLA
Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM/Celedrin

I have been off Prime for about 6 weeks and am really looking forward to adding it back in as soon as I pick up some more. As for training, I have been crushing it! BUT my real goal this contest prep is to train smart and stay safe. Sometimes I have been known to overdo it :) but I am learning to listen to my body more.

Over the next couple of months I plan to keep this updated as much as possible, maybe not daily but I will keep you posted as I make changes. We may post up a pic every now and again and Steph and I are planning to start a video journal of this prep very soon. Stay tuned.

Ok, time to go crush some legs with Big Steph!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright in on the ground floor on this one... lot of similarities in our protocol, I am just starting to really feel the Product X at the start of week 3 but feel that it has influenced some nice recomp early in the cycle. I am running Prime 6/9 which is the only major difference in our protocols. I also am pretty unfamiliar with your line have to do some reading up on those.

Core ABC tastes amazing beyond the great profile....Core PWO tastes like coco pebbles.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Core ABC tastes amazing beyond the great profile....Core PWO tastes like coco pebbles.
I think I may order both of these with my next NP order.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
I think I may order both of these with my next NP order.
Please email NP and ask them to carry the line! I know a number of people are loyal NP followers and I would love to have Core products on there (again). It seems that most people are ordering Core products from the other three big online retailers.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Crushed my quads and calves today. I'm really liking the slight increase in geranium in the new Core ZAP formula...gives you a great euphoric feeling while crushing it. I have changed my leg training style a little bit the past 4-5 weeks and have concentrated on very slow decents and exploding out of the hole (all things ATG 100% of the time of course). I have been completely destroying my quads to the point that I have not been able to walk for a couple of days afterwards. Today I did this on barbell squats, hack squats superset leg press, squat press leg press machine, one leg split squats, inner thigh machine, standing hammer calves, and seated calves. I also have been doing a ton of foam rolling on my quads/IT. Man that is painfull but it feels great afterwards.

One of the things I need to get better at is putting pressure on myself. I thank God that I have been successful, but with success comes expectations. Both from others and from myself. I am extremely hard on myself to the point where it is a character flaw. Steph has been helping me accept that everything I do doesn't have to be perfect (I am type AAA lol) and constantly reminds me of why I (we) do this....not to come in first, but because we truly love pushing ourselves and the journey involved in contest prep. I think sometimes people (me) can lose sight of this.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Please email NP and ask them to carry the line! I know a number of people are loyal NP followers and I would love to have Core products on there (again). It seems that most people are ordering Core products from the other three big online retailers.
I just saw that... WhyTF dont they carry the whole line? hmmmmmm

ptsteph1

ptsteph1

Awards
Crushed my quads and calves today. I'm really liking the slight increase in geranium in the new Core ZAP formula...gives you a great euphoric feeling while crushing it. I have changed my leg training style a little bit the past 4-5 weeks and have concentrated on very slow decents and exploding out of the hole (all things ATG 100% of the time of course). I have been completely destroying my quads to the point that I have not been able to walk for a couple of days afterwards. Today I did this on barbell squats, hack squats superset leg press, squat press leg press machine, one leg split squats, inner thigh machine, standing hammer calves, and seated calves. I also have been doing a ton of foam rolling on my quads/IT. Man that is painfull but it feels great afterwards.

One of the things I need to get better at is putting pressure on myself. I thank God that I have been successful, but with success comes expectations. Both from others and from myself. I am extremely hard on myself to the point where it is a character flaw. Steph has been helping me accept that everything I do doesn't have to be perfect (I am type AAA lol) and constantly reminds me of why I (we) do this....not to come in first, but because we truly love pushing ourselves and the journey involved in contest prep. I think sometimes people (me) can lose sight of this.
Great post Doug:head::head: That's what I'm talkin bout~

You better win!:lol:

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Wow you just told my story, everything I do I am like that. I have to stand back and look at the big picture sometimes, just to see what is really important. That's why they call it tunnel vision, you can miss everything going on around you.

Sporto

Sporto

Awards
  • Established
WOO HOO! I'll be following along with every post Doug - Im going to try and make it out to the Yorton again this year, so it iwll be nice to see you guys again. It would have been nice to stand on stage with you, but I had to go and get married first DOH! Oh well, there will be other shows! Best of luck you too! I can't wait to follow along!

Sporto

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Really solid 2 days of training. Hit chest yesterday. Its kind of weird, the past couple of weeks my first exercise has been a little rough but my second. third, etc chest exercises have been awesome. I am definitely feeling leaner and am starting to see some nice striations in my chest. My chest always loses strength first but also leans out the quickest. Kind of interesting.

Tonight was back night! My favorite! We started with barbell rows. Usually I do these underhand grip but to take a little pressure off of my forearms I did them overhand Dorian style the past two weeks. Felt very powerfull tonight and banged out 405x14 and worked up to 445. Obviously with some loose form. I will get a video of those next time. We then hit up racked deads, low hammer row, hight mts rows superset dumbbell shrugs, t-bar support, and one set of free motion pulldowns. Felt really strong tonight even though it was my second low day in a row. Tomorrow is a high day and cardio and arms.

I have been asked if I was on roids before but tonight someone asked me if I was on an injectable tanning product WTF LOL.

ptsteph1

ptsteph1

Awards
I have been asked if I was on roids before but tonight someone asked me if I was on an injectable tanning product WTF LOL.
:lol: they get funnier and funnier! I guess some people don't care what comes out of their mouths. I would be embarrassed if I were them ha.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really solid 2 days of training. Hit chest yesterday. Its kind of weird, the past couple of weeks my first exercise has been a little rough but my second. third, etc chest exercises have been awesome. I am definitely feeling leaner and am starting to see some nice striations in my chest. My chest always loses strength first but also leans out the quickest. Kind of interesting.

Tonight was back night! My favorite! We started with barbell rows. Usually I do these underhand grip but to take a little pressure off of my forearms I did them overhand Dorian style the past two weeks. Felt very powerfull tonight and banged out 405x14 and worked up to 445. Obviously with some loose form. I will get a video of those next time. We then hit up racked deads, low hammer row, hight mts rows superset dumbbell shrugs, t-bar support, and one set of free motion pulldowns. Felt really strong tonight even though it was my second low day in a row. Tomorrow is a high day and cardio and arms.

:bigeyes: Where can I get some :sad3:

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Time for a little catch up. Wednesday I crushed arms and felt great. My strength on triceps is at an all time high and the pain in my forearm has been getting much better since going to ART and ultrasound. I'm back to doing 110 pound db hammer curls. Thursday was hams and calves. Felt a little off going into the workout but felt a nice drive midway through. My back was still feeling tight from rack deads on Tuesday so I didn't feel really comfortable on romanian's. Friday I hit shoulders and my strength was very good. Really nailed my traps and had a nice pump. Having off from work, I was then able to get a two hour deep tissue massage. Boy did I need it. Steph and I then tried to chill out and just relax (for once) and watch some movies. We just signed up for Netflix just in time for contest prep!

Today I did about an hour of incline treamill and lots of foam rollling and stretching. I also started posing today. We got a nice package in the mail from USP Labs yesterday so its now PRIME TIME! I'm starting Prime at 6 on off days and 8 on workout days and will be slowly increasing the dose as my calories drop over the course of the next 14 and 19 weeks.

As an aside, Steph and I always get people asking us how we prepare all of our food. Today was turkey burger day. We patty out 6 oz 99% fat free turkey burgers for me and 4 oz for Steph. We then bake them in the over at 450 for about 20 minutes or so. We use all sorts of spices such as Mrs. Dash and steak seasoning. We then bag them in ziplocks an throw them in the freezer. We then take out what we need the night before. They last in the freezer for over a month. Here is a pic.

Attachments

Time for a little catch up. Wednesday I crushed arms and felt great. My strength on triceps is at an all time high and the pain in my forearm has been getting much better since going to ART and ultrasound. I'm back to doing 110 pound db hammer curls. Thursday was hams and calves. Felt a little off going into the workout but felt a nice drive midway through. My back was still feeling tight from rack deads on Tuesday so I didn't feel really comfortable on romanian's. Friday I hit shoulders and my strength was very good. Really nailed my traps and had a nice pump. Having off from work, I was then able to get a two hour deep tissue massage. Boy did I need it. Steph and I then tried to chill out and just relax (for once) and watch some movies. We just signed up for Netflix just in time for contest prep!

Today I did about an hour of incline treamill and lots of foam rollling and stretching. I also started posing today. We got a nice package in the mail from USP Labs yesterday so its now PRIME TIME! I'm starting Prime at 6 on off days and 8 on workout days and will be slowly increasing the dose as my calories drop over the course of the next 14 and 19 weeks.

As an aside, Steph and I always get people asking us how we prepare all of our food. Today was turkey burger day. We patty out 6 oz 99% fat free turkey burgers for me and 4 oz for Steph. We then bake them in the over at 450 for about 20 minutes or so. We use all sorts of spices such as Mrs. Dash and steak seasoning. We then bag them in ziplocks an throw them in the freezer. We then take out what we need the night before. They last in the freezer for over a month. Here is a pic.

that is what I call food prep!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Been super busy here lately but wanted to get in a quick update. Training is going great and I can already feel the Prime kicking in. My past two workouts have been awesome! I need to be careful though because my intensity is at an all time high but I need to continue to train smart (sometimes I get carried away). My weight is slowly creeping down still about 1 pound per week and strength continues to climb. I added in some morning cardio and posing and continue to train at night (man I hate posing practice lol).

Sunday I hit up quads and calves. Good all around workout an a little less volume than usual. Monday I crushed chest. I was able to hit the 150s for 2 sets of 5 on flat dumbbells (I have never been this strong while dieting down). I then hit some good numbers on the rest of the exercises but my right chest/bicep tie-in was bothering me a little. Completely crushed back last night. Start with deadlifts and wanted to see how many reps I could get with 405....I hit 27 (video below). Best before was 24 last time I tried it last fall. I then repped out a set of 495 for 10. I was really happy with that as this was significantly better than my deadlifts during the last time I dieted and was at this bodyfat. I then did some loose form barbell rows (video below), high hammer rows, low hammer rows superset seated cable shrugs, and reverse MTS pulldown.

Deadlifts 405x27
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HxY47YGgzQ"]YouTube - Core Nutritionals Doug Miller Deadlift 405x27 14/19 weeks out[/ame]

Loose Form Barbell Rows 405x8
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F4yX6Bz9CU"]YouTube - Core Nutritionals Doug Miller 405x8 Loose Form Barbell Rows 14/19 weeks out[/ame]

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Been super busy here lately but wanted to get in a quick update. Training is going great and I can already feel the Prime kicking in. My past two workouts have been awesome! I need to be careful though because my intensity is at an all time high but I need to continue to train smart (sometimes I get carried away). My weight is slowly creeping down still about 1 pound per week and strength continues to climb. I added in some morning cardio and posing and continue to train at night (man I hate posing practice lol).

Sunday I hit up quads and calves. Good all around workout an a little less volume than usual. Monday I crushed chest. I was able to hit the 150s for 2 sets of 5 on flat dumbbells (I have never been this strong while dieting down). I then hit some good numbers on the rest of the exercises but my right chest/bicep tie-in was bothering me a little. Completely crushed back last night. Start with deadlifts and wanted to see how many reps I could get with 405....I hit 27 (video below). Best before was 24 last time I tried it last fall. I then repped out a set of 495 for 10. I was really happy with that as this was significantly better than my deadlifts during the last time I dieted and was at this bodyfat. I then did some loose form barbell rows (video below), high hammer rows, low hammer rows superset seated cable shrugs, and reverse MTS pulldown.

Deadlifts 405x27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HxY47YGgzQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F4yX6Bz9CU
Wholy fug!! that's one of the most incredible things I have ever seen a natural athlete do!!

I have to agree about training smart when on Prime, seems I have overdone it a bit myself... gotta love keeping and even gaining strength while losing fat...

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Talk about some motivation to train harder, that is some serious BB Rows Doug. And to think I am excited when I can get 185x8 on my last set!

Deadlifts 405x27
YouTube - Core Nutritionals Doug Miller Deadlift 405x27 14/19 weeks out

YouTube - Core Nutritionals Doug Miller 405x8 Loose Form Barbell Rows 14/19 weeks out
Hmmm I remember that myth that dieting and strength increases could NEVER go hand and hand well until the CEO stack plus prime!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm I remember that myth that dieting and strength increases could NEVER go hand and hand well until the CEO stack plus prime!
That used to be a fact now it's a myth...

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Well unfortunately I'm making this post from work and will probably be stuck here for the next 15 days straight but I will make the best of it. Steph has been really supportive and helps keep the TEAM running on all cylinders even when I'm stuck at work for 15 hours. I plan to not miss a beat with training/dieting but my sleep may suffer a little the next couple of weeks.

The past 4 days have been great in terms of dieting and training. I really felt like I dropped a lot of bodyfat this week and was down another 1-1.5 pounds. I'm down about 8 pounds in 7 weeks. Supps will stay the same this week and then I will bump up the Prime to 10 per day next week.

I hit arms on Wednesday and was really happy with 185x10 on loose form barbell curls. My close grip smith presses were also really strong and they were my last exercise. I found out what bothers my brachioradialis... heavy dumbbell skull crushers, so I will avoid these for a while. The forearm has been feeling very good though, except it flared up a little on shoulders yesterday. I wrecked my glutes/hams on Thursday and managed walking barbell lunges with 275 (ouch! my buns hurt lol). Great pump for shoulders on Friday and I did 60 minutes cardio this morning. Cardio was super easy this morning and I could have gone on forever.

Time to kick it up another notch!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Quick check in....still stuck at work but our huge deadline is Monday night at 3 am (actually Tuesday). Almost there but it will be a rough 60 hours. I am very happy to say that I have not missed a meal, supplement, workout, cardio session, or posing session! Things have been crazy but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Sleep has suffered a little but the sleep I have been getting has been VERY sound. Still leaning out and down another 1-1.5 pounds. Strength is still good. I was able to match or better my shoulder workout from a month ago yesterday (now leaner) and I went into the gym feeling run down! Ended up crushing it! Bumping to 10 prime today and adding in a test booster. I hope to have more posts/videos and maybe even pictures up in the coming weeks.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately our Monday night deadline got pushed off until Friday (at the earliest) but everything is still on track. Literally zero free time at this point but its all good. Hopefully will have some relaxing time this week. Strength is still very good and weight is down another 1-1.5 from last week.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Phew....thank goodness today is the deadline for our report at work. I got called on to a project during the final week (always the craziest time) to help them wrap up three expert reports we have been working on for three years. Well we ended up getting an extension three times so the last month has been crazy but I made it through. We submit the reports later this afternoon. Close to 1500 pages of text and analyses. I plan to take a couple of days off from work to catch up on things and rest up. I am happy to report that even though we were working 70+ hour weeks I didnt miss a meal, supp, cardio, posing, or training session. Its time to get things back to normal.

My weight has steadily dropped about 1-2 pounds per week and I am finally feeling lean. My strength on this CEO stack has just been phenomenal all things considered. This past week I still was able to pull 495x12, hammer curl the 120s (actually I think that was a PR), smith military press 275 for reps, handle the 140s on bench, and rack all of the hamstring machines for 15+ reps. I am definitely stronger this year than last time....now its just time to continue to get shredded. I expect my strength to drop off some but I am hopeful it stays this good through prep.

Last night I escaped work for 2 hours to crush legs. I knew it was going to be late night so I popped 5 ZAP. Holy doo doo balls...I had an amazing workout and pump and went strong at work through the night. Look for more regular updates now. Hope to have some video up this week.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Life is getting back to normal a little....and I can definitely tell I'm dieting lol. Strength is still good but it takes me a couple more sets to get in the groove than usual. This last week was a solid week of training and I was able to work out with Big Steph a couple of times so that always helps. I also crushed a 2 hour massage on Friday and got plenty of sleep. Weight was down two pounds last week and I really feel cuts and separation coming on. I wake up every morning and check out the glutes LOL Like kids waiting for Santa to come haha...but seriously I feel leaner than I was this far out last time so we shall see. I need to continue to train smart and injury free. Hitting cardio about 5x per week now.

I started my diet with a morning weight of around 218 and am about 203-204 after 11 weeks of dieting. 9 more to the first show and 14 to the second. Jacob is sending some more goodies for the stack so I will let you know those changes this weeK. I'm still at 12 Prime, 4 recreate, 6 PF, 10 Super Cissus (increased from 8), 3 AP, and 1 AP. Also up to 15 scoops of Core ABC per day and endurance and recovery seems to be great.

Starting to get excited about getting on stage again. We have 4 clients in the Presidential Cup this weekend and watching their progress has been motivating.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Really solid couple days of training. After blasting legs on Sunday, I had Chest on Monday and Back yesterday. I was very happy with both workouts being 8.5 weeks out from my first show. I was still able to get 315x7 on incline smith. This is nothing huge but for me this is still very good. I don't think I ever got that before my last competition even during the growing season. I then moved on to flat barbell and as I compared back to my training journals from my last competition, I realized I was moving more than I was last time this far out and am at a lower BF now = pleased. I then crushed flys, incline hammer superset decline hammer, and flat leverage press.

Yesterday I woke up and the glute fairy must have visited overnight = more good progress. I'm getting to the point where my waist has shrunk enough that my lower back has way less support and my belts don't fit. Last competition I cut deads out like 15 weeks out to be safe as I was having some back issues but this year I'm still doing them at 8.5 weeks out. I was very surprised I could still pull 495x10 because my strength usually drops off a lot on these as I loose the cushioning. This may be the last time I start with deads but may still incorporate them towards the end of my workouts with a little less weight and higher reps. We then moved on to t-bar support row, reverse grip barbell row superset barbell shrugs, wide cable pulldowns, and high hammer row. Really strong workout.

I've actually bumped my cals up just slightly since last week as I feel like my metabolism is on fire. I will reevaluate after my weigh in tomorrow. Still doing cardio about 4x30 min per week and one longer session on my off day.

Really solid couple days of training. After blasting legs on Sunday, I had Chest on Monday and Back yesterday. I was very happy with both workouts being 8.5 weeks out from my first show. I was still able to get 315x7 on incline smith. This is nothing huge but for me this is still very good. I don't think I ever got that before my last competition even during the growing season. I then moved on to flat barbell and as I compared back to my training journals from my last competition, I realized I was moving more than I was last time this far out and am at a lower BF now = pleased. I then crushed flys, incline hammer superset decline hammer, and flat leverage press.

Yesterday I woke up and the glute fairy must have visited overnight = more good progress. I'm getting to the point where my waist has shrunk enough that my lower back has way less support and my belts don't fit. Last competition I cut deads out like 15 weeks out to be safe as I was having some back issues but this year I'm still doing them at 8.5 weeks out. I was very surprised I could still pull 495x10 because my strength usually drops off a lot on these as I loose the cushioning. This may be the last time I start with deads but may still incorporate them towards the end of my workouts with a little less weight and higher reps. We then moved on to t-bar support row, reverse grip barbell row superset barbell shrugs, wide cable pulldowns, and high hammer row. Really strong workout.
No PRIME was used last time..DUH!--Strong still

or Recreate/core zap....Metabolism on fire

Makes perfect sense!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wish they'd bring back Zap. I still got half a bottle I dig into every now and zen.

I hear you got a new crazy formula in the wings?

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Update time. Another solid week of training. Strength still really strong and still leaning out. Really crushed the quads on Sunday and had a solid all around chest workout yesterday. Today I struggled all day long. I had to walk down 7 flights of stairs for a fire drill and felt like death...I slipped once and almost tumbled lol! It was just one of those low energy dieting days. My mind was a little out of it too. So I decided to pop 4 ZAP and within 45 minutes it was on for Back. That stacked with the Prime/PF/Supercissus/ABC combo is second to none preworkout. If you would have told me I was going to have an awesome workout today around noon I would have said you were crazy! It was on tonight! I had a little extra motivation too! Really focused on the goal! We hit close grip pulldowns (worked up to stack plus 3x25s + 1x35 for 12 reps), barbell reverse grip rows (worked up to 405x8 and 425x6 drop to 335x10), slow controlled rack deads with squeeze combo with shrug (killer), t-bar corner rows, reverse grip pulldowns and hyper extensions. I looked back at 8 weeks out last time I competed and crushed all those previous weights, including doubling the number of reps on t-bar with a heavier weight.

Still at 14 Prime. Added a new thyroid boosting herb from Jacob on Saturday and some Chlorophytum. I'm not really a vascular guy but I noticed an increase in vascularity right away. All in all things are going good I just need to stay mentally strong and train smart (the hardest part). I struggle duing the day but still get fired up for my workouts. Joints are getting a little achy from being leaner but I will just have to do my best to deal with it and stay safe. 7.5 and 12.5 weeks left. Yeah buddy!

Update time. Another solid week of training. Strength still really strong and still leaning out. Really crushed the quads on Sunday and had a solid all around chest workout yesterday. Today I struggled all day long. I had to walk down 7 flights of stairs for a fire drill and felt like death...I slipped once and almost tumbled lol! It was just one of those low energy dieting days. My mind was a little out of it too. So I decided to pop 4 ZAP and within 45 minutes it was on for Back. That stacked with the Prime/PF/Supercissus/ABC combo is second to none preworkout. If you would have told me I was going to have an awesome workout today around noon I would have said you were crazy! It was on tonight! I had a little extra motivation too! Really focused on the goal! We hit close grip pulldowns (worked up to stack plus 3x25s + 1x35 for 12 reps), barbell reverse grip rows (worked up to 405x8 and 425x6 drop to 335x10), slow controlled rack deads with squeeze combo with shrug (killer), t-bar corner rows, reverse grip pulldowns and hyper extensions. I looked back at 8 weeks out last time I competed and crushed all those previous weights, including doubling the number of reps on t-bar with a heavier weight.

Still at 14 Prime. Added a new thyroid boosting herb from Jacob on Saturday and some Chlorophytum. I'm not really a vascular guy but I noticed an increase in vascularity right away. All in all things are going good I just need to stay mentally strong and train smart (the hardest part). I struggle duing the day but still get fired up for my workouts. Joints are getting a little achy from being leaner but I will just have to do my best to deal with it and stay safe. 7.5 and 12.5 weeks left. Yeah buddy!

Tell me if the high extract chloro boost aggression and sex drive. Also the T herb should really increase core temperature significantly. I have a few other goodies for you 4 weeks out.....

ptsteph1

ptsteph1

Awards
Tell me if the high extract chloro boost aggression and sex drive. Also the T herb should really increase core temperature significantly. I have a few other goodies for you 4 weeks out.....
Maybe you should ask me about the aggression and sex drive rather than Doug :laugh2:

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Metabolism is on freakin' fire. Bumped cals up slightly last week and still lost 2 pounds. Going to back off the cardio just a touch and keep carbs a little higher (even though yesterday was a high day). More cals + less cardio while still leaning out = :). Good thing is my strength is still really good. Hammer curls with the 120s yesterday and close grip smith bench working up to 340. Tonight I'm going to crush the hammies and glutes and continue to bring in those glute lines. Going to get some pics this weekend.

Metabolism is on freakin' fire. Bumped cals up slightly last week and still lost 2 pounds. Going to back off the cardio just a touch and keep carbs a little higher (even though yesterday was a high day). More cals + less cardio while still leaning out = :). Good thing is my strength is still really good. Hammer curls with the 120s yesterday and close grip smith bench working up to 340. Tonight I'm going to crush the hammies and glutes and continue to bring in those glute lines. Going to get some pics this weekend.
I have one more product to add to the metabolism mix that should really tapper the physique! ships today and please share with steph!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Another week down! Still feeling really good all things considered and although strength has gone down a little on some compound movements and presses due to the lower bodyfat, I am really happy with the weight I am still moving and somewhat surprised. Steph was just commenting the other day how she is "scared" she feels so good. We have never dieted with this much Core ABC and the new goodies in the USP Labs stack seem to really help our strength. Compared to last year 6 weeks out I am significantly stronger in a number of exercises.

Morning weight is now 199 and I had lines from the top to the bottom of my glutes this morning. I didn't really expect them until low 190s. Still need to tighten up a little and hope to be a couple pounds heavier and leaner this year but the weight doesn't matter to me. I took some pics last Sunday at 7 weeks out and was pleased with them but not satisfied :). Bumped up my cals on my high day today a little bit (just added about 15g carbs) and will keep everything else pretty much the same this week. Still keeping cardio about 5x per week at 30-35 min LISS and one longer 65 minute session.

Had a great leg day today even though my right shin (shin splint or something) has really been bothering me...it hurt on calves and walking bothers it a little...must be from the incline treadmill. Icing it now and going to continue to train smart/safe. We crushed it for about 2 hours today and felt like I could have kept going thanks to 5 ZAP! At the end of my workout I decided to hit walking dumbbell lunges and surprised myself by being able to do 110s for 8 each leg. Last year at 6 weeks out I was only doing 80s at the end of the workout.

Still at 16 Prime, 12 SC, 6 PF, 3 AP, 1 pslin, + plus extra USP bulk items :) Going to kick it up another notch in a week or two week!

I was even thinking about jumping in the KC show in two weeks but I want more time to bring it at the Cape. I still have a little ways to go. I think Steph is getting pretty close and she said she wanted to jump in the KC show in 2 weeks. If she did that, I think we would keep everything the same that week for her and just have her show up and compete (not back off training or anything). This would keep her still on track for the Cape and it would really be just for fun. We shall see.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Another great chest workout....it takes me a couple sets to get going but then it is on! I looked back at my training log from last time I competed and I am stronger now at a little under 6 weeks out than I was 9 weeks out last time (and 5-6 pounds less fat!). Things are still plugging along! Just trying to be smart with my training.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
What the heck!!!! I know I sound like a broken record but it doesn't even seem like contest prep. Recovery is amazing and workouts have been complete crushfests! Cals bumped up again slightly and still leaning out and noticing changes daily. That is the hardest part about doing your own contest prep - it is hard mentally to bump cals even when you know it is the right thing to do. At least I have Steph here with me for reassurance. Noticing a little more glute action each day. I toyed with the idea of jumping in the KC show too but I think I am going to wait and just help Steph out.

Back day was great last night. We crushed underhand barbell rows (135x20, 225x20, 315x25, 405x12, 435x8 drop 345x10), controlled rack deads combo with shrugs, high hammer row, t-bar in the corner rows (worked up to 405x15), reverse grip cable pulldowns superset rear delt flys, hyperextensions. Still training smart!

We sometimes have people tell us some of our youtube videos motivate them....well that motivates us! And the results and hard work of our clients really motivate us, regardless if they are competitors or not. Talk about motivation....check out these two beasts, training their guts out in IRAQ's 120 degree weather, all the while serving our country! Mad props to them!

Attachments

What the heck!!!! I know I sound like a broken record but it doesn't even seem like contest prep. Recovery is amazing and workouts have been complete crushfests! Cals bumped up again slightly and still leaning out and noticing changes daily. That is the hardest part about doing your own contest prep - it is hard mentally to bump cals even when you know it is the right thing to do. At least I have Steph here with me for reassurance. Noticing a little more glute action each day. I toyed with the idea of jumping in the KC show too but I think I am going to wait and just help Steph out.

Back day was great last night. We crushed underhand barbell rows (135x20, 225x20, 315x25, 405x12, 435x8 drop 345x10), controlled rack deads combo with shrugs, high hammer row, t-bar in the corner rows (worked up to 405x15), reverse grip cable pulldowns superset rear delt flys, hyperextensions. Still training smart!

We sometimes have people tell us some of our youtube videos motivate them....well that motivates us! And the results and hard work of our clients really motivate us, regardless if they are competitors or not. Talk about motivation....check out these two beasts, training their guts out in IRAQ's 120 degree weather, all the while serving our country! Mad props to them!

Doug Lets get some USPlabs products into the hands of those two beasts!

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your a good man Jacob, keep our troops supported so we can hit the iron without worry at home.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Another great workout...Hammie night....decided to start off with high rep squats. Did a couple of sets of 20 with 315. Here is a video:

YouTube - Doug Miller Core Nutritionals Ham Day High Rep Squats 315x20 5.5 and 10.5 weeks out

Then moved on to laying leg curls (worked up to stack plus 35), walking barbell lunges (worked up to 225), romanian deadlifts (was surprised to be able to get 315x20 and 405x11 this late in the workout), seated leg curls superset outer thigh machine superset butt blaster, free motion calves superset standing calves, leg press calves, and abs. Had a ridiculous pump in the hams after the squats and laying leg curls...my hammies felt like they were going to explode. My right shin is still bothering me but I was able to train around it. Tomorrow I will hit up shoulders and traps and then rock a 2 hour massage tomorrow night! Off to bed now.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Another couple solid days of training....only 4.5 weeks to show time. Bumped up cardio just a couple extra minutes in the morning and made a slight calorie drop. May incorporate a large refeed (bigger than the usual higher carb day) soon...we shall see. Each morning my glutes become a little crisper but I still need to bring them in a little more - Rico style (LOL not sure that is even physically possible!). Strength is still really good and we crushed back last night....I'm still doing 5 plate deadlifts, 4 plate rows, and 3 plate pullups at 4.5 weeks out (two years ago I had to drop deadlifts around 14 weeks out because of a slight back injury so I am really happy with that). That may be my last deadlift day because my booty and waist are gone. Still rollin with the same supps and will make another bump in Supercissus (for anabolic effect) and Prime next week.

Really looking forward to this weekend in KC. I can't wait to see Steph on stage. For not even planning to do this show, I think she is really going to bring it as she has been looking shredded with the final tweaks we made. No matter how she places, I am super proud of her for her spontaneity and hard work. She will be up against some amazing competitors but I know she has done all that she could given what God has given her. I will also live vicariously through her cheat meals afterwards LOL. Also looking forward to hanging with Team CCNC. We are going to be a rowdy crowd!

ptsteph1

ptsteph1

Awards
Another couple solid days of training....only 4.5 weeks to show time. Bumped up cardio just a couple extra minutes in the morning and made a slight calorie drop. May incorporate a large refeed (bigger than the usual higher carb day) soon...we shall see. Each morning my glutes become a little crisper but I still need to bring them in a little more - Rico style (LOL not sure that is even physically possible!). Strength is still really good and we crushed back last night....I'm still doing 5 plate deadlifts, 4 plate rows, and 3 plate pullups at 4.5 weeks out (two years ago I had to drop deadlifts around 14 weeks out because of a slight back injury so I am really happy with that). That may be my last deadlift day because my booty and waist are gone. Still rollin with the same supps and will make another bump in Supercissus (for anabolic effect) and Prime next week.

Really looking forward to this weekend in KC. I can't wait to see Steph on stage. For not even planning to do this show, I think she is really going to bring it as she has been looking shredded with the final tweaks we made. No matter how she places, I am super proud of her for her spontaneity and hard work. She will be up against some amazing competitors but I know she has done all that she could given what God has given her. I will also live vicariously through her cheat meals afterwards LOL. Also looking forward to hanging with Team CCNC. We are going to be a rowdy crowd!
:arms:food::thumbsup:

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
WOW time is flying and I am definitely due for an update. Everything seems to be going really well except a little nagging knee pain but I am excited to hit the stage. I took some pics at three weeks out and feel like I am at an all time best (size and leanness). I'm still going to push it these last few weeks and make sure I stay on track. The key now is training smart and staying injury free. My morning weight has been steady around 195 for a week or so and I bumped up cardio and decreased cals slightly this last week. I expect to come in around 190 but I really don't care where I am at as long as I bring my best and do the best I can.

I should also mention I jumped to 20 Prime and 20 Cissus per the CEO stack Jacob and I put together....it seems as if cardio is getting easier on this even with reduced cals and my strength is still really good for me this close to a show (which make me kind of scared lol). This past week I still worked up to 140s on dumbbell press, 120s hammer curl, 315 close grip smith press, 405x8 barbell rows, etc. Today on hamstrings I really focused on straight leg movements to take it easy on the knee. I had in mind doing stiff leg deadlifts 10x10 with 315 but after 5 sets I got the urge to bump to 365 and finish with 5x10 with that. I then hit up outer thight machine and 10 sets of hypers, alternating between squeezing the hams and squeezing the glutes. I then finished up with a couple other exercises and calves and was drenched! I usually am dragging when I get to the gym but man the Jacked or ZAP I have been taking has me really fired up within a couple of sets.

Only about 15 more days to go. We stopped by Lilly Miller's in Baltimore last Saturday and Steph helped me pic out some sweet trunks for the prejudging and night show...they just arrived to day!

Steph has really been crushing it too and is getting completely shredded. She should be bringing her all time best too. Her attitude has been awesome and she really has kept me going when I have been stressed. I'm looking forward to crushing some food and celebrating our 3 year anniversary with her after the Cape show!

Alright that is it for now....just praying I make it through these next two weeks safely and stress free....I am really looking forward to the battle to come on stage. There will be some beasts at the Cape, that is for sure!

WOW time is flying and I am definitely due for an update. Everything seems to be going really well except a little nagging knee pain but I am excited to hit the stage. I took some pics at three weeks out and feel like I am at an all time best (size and leanness). I'm still going to push it these last few weeks and make sure I stay on track. The key now is training smart and staying injury free. My morning weight has been steady around 195 for a week or so and I bumped up cardio and decreased cals slightly this last week. I expect to come in around 190 but I really don't care where I am at as long as I bring my best and do the best I can.

I should also mention I jumped to 20 Prime and 20 Cissus per the CEO stack Jacob and I put together....it seems as if cardio is getting easier on this even with reduced cals and my strength is still really good for me this close to a show (which make me kind of scared lol). This past week I still worked up to 140s on dumbbell press, 120s hammer curl, 315 close grip smith press, 405x8 barbell rows, etc. Today on hamstrings I really focused on straight leg movements to take it easy on the knee. I had in mind doing stiff leg deadlifts 10x10 with 315 but after 5 sets I got the urge to bump to 365 and finish with 5x10 with that. I then hit up outer thight machine and 10 sets of hypers, alternating between squeezing the hams and squeezing the glutes. I then finished up with a couple other exercises and calves and was drenched! I usually am dragging when I get to the gym but man the Jacked or ZAP I have been taking has me really fired up within a couple of sets.

Only about 15 more days to go. We stopped by Lilly Miller's in Baltimore last Saturday and Steph helped me pic out some sweet trunks for the prejudging and night show...they just arrived to day!

Steph has really been crushing it too and is getting completely shredded. She should be bringing her all time best too. Her attitude has been awesome and she really has kept me going when I have been stressed. I'm looking forward to crushing some food and celebrating our 3 year anniversary with her after the Cape show!

Alright that is it for now....just praying I make it through these next two weeks safely and stress free....I am really looking forward to the battle to come on stage. There will be some beasts at the Cape, that is for sure!
What a great team you two are!

If anyone has not tried Zap give it a go the Geranium/sulbutiamine combo is best in the industry.

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Well here we are. 6 days out. Today was my last cardio only day (I hate these) and 70 minutes of incline treadmill at 10.0 incline and 3.2 speed almost killed me. I then hit a little calves and abs and posed. Just hit up the grocery store for some last minute items and I think we are all set. Only a 2 day work week for me. I will spend Wednesday packing and cooking and then we fly out to the Cape on Thursday. I am happy with my progress at this point and am very thankful that I made it this far into prep (more on that later). I'm hoping to bring my all time best this weekend (a couple pounds heavier than the 2007 yorton and leaner) but, if I can make it another 5 weeks, I think I can bring more to the Yorton. Right now my sodium is really high and I'm crushing 3 gallons of water so I feel a little bloated. Three more days of fast paced training for me (and some light cardio) and then it is a lot of posing (maybe light circuit) and carbing up. These last 3 days are the toughest but I will suck it up. My last leg day was Friday and my last heavy training day was shoulders yesterday. I actually felt really strong given where I'm at but could tell my glycogen was depleting quickly because I faded a little towards the end. Overall my strength is significantly better than last competition at this time and I really think the CEO stack has something to do with it.

Been having a little trouble sleeping laterly but I always do close to a show. I think it is a combination of low carbs, things on my mind, and that fine line around overtraining. But this comes with the territory.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Steph on stage as she has been really crushing it....she is really getting shredded and every morning we see more lines. At the end of the day, this is such a fun show that I could really care less about placement. It has been a great journey so far and I'm glad I could share it with Steph. Some awesome competitors/friends from this board will be competing too, the pro class is stacked, the venue is awesome, the show is run flawlessly, and I'm super excited to break out my routine. We also have some friends flying in for the show, my parents will be driving up from Philly, and I'm sure some of Team Miller will be in the audience. Oh and did I mention Outback/Unos? What more could you ask for?

I may post again when I get to the Cape and may throw up some pre stage pics. Talk to you soon.

renkev88

renkev88

Awards
I hope that you and steph have a safe trip to the cape!

Happy peak week!

CoreDoug

CoreDoug

Awards
  • Established
Awesome news! The 2009 OCB Cape Cod Natural/IFPA Gaspari Nutrition Men's Pro Classic & Dymatize Figure Pro Classic will be available on a live webcast!

For those of you who can't make the trip, there will be a live internet video feed starting at 10:50 AM on Saturday October 10, 2009. Pros go on first.

Here is the site:

http://naturalbodybuildingcompetitionforum.com/Live Fed Shows.htm

Make sure you have Quicktime 7.