USPLabs-Fasted Recomp Protocol

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There has been some discussion and debate of late regarding fasted workouts.

Rather than have it spread across the board, lets have a dedicated thread, and since USPLabs have a supplement protocol in place, then this should be the appropriate forum for ongoing discussion.

For background info, check out the following logs:

B5150 Transcending Agedness With USPLabs and NutraPlanet

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/101291-jackellpets-running-usplabs.html

Furthermore, you can check out the link on my signature regarding post WO PSlin powered nutrition.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a question for a rep:

I've bought both the bulk carboxy and the supersaponins - how does this feed into the fasted protocol?

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Very interesting thread Jak.. this ought to be good.

I'll sit in and observe until I may be of service!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Personally speaking I use the 1-Carboxy (PureDopa) only at bed time anymore.

I am presently using my PowerFULL fasted preworkout and once again during the day specifically for the PureSAP. This is not to say that I am not yielding GH benefits from the PureDopa, but my preference is for the PureSAP.

Aside from anecdotal response I am interested in what Mullet and Jacob have to say on the matter.

Edit: I revised my thread title now that HM has gone south for the season ;)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Personally speaking I use the 1-Carboxy (PureDopa) only at bed time anymore.

I am presently using my PowerFULL fasted preworkout and once again during the day specifically for the PureSAP. This is not to say that I am not yielding GH benefits from the PureDopa, but my preference is for the PureSAP.

Aside from anecdotal response I am interested in what Mullet and Jacob have to say on the matter.

Edit: I revised my thread title now that HM has gone south for the season ;)

How far out are your 'pre'-workout meals?

Rhys26

Awards
This should be another interesting thread, im in!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How far out are your 'pre'-workout meals?
I had dinner done by 6:30PM last night. I snack before bed. It's 3:45AM. I just took my AP/ReCreate/PowerFULL/Cissus. I'll mix up my Jacked in a few minutes and swig it down and hit the road. about 10 mins out from the gym I'll start sipping on my pre workout BCAA's and hit the gym.

Honestly, when I am strict, I won't eat at all, and i usually lean out and when doing cardio I get even leaner. Right now, if I wake at night I'll snack a bit, which has been very good for me as of late. But like I said when I am more strict I will not eat after my pre bed snack, which is usually protein based.

So it can be as much as 8 hours fasted and when I am slacking 3-4 hours fasted. Either way I do not eat until after my workout.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What do you usually snack on, B5150?
And do you get Cissus-burps when taking it on an empty stomach? I do for some odd reason. Bleh!

My fasted cardio sessions only include BCAA/EAA's and 1 serving X-Lean.
This has worked well for me for the past several months.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I had dinner done by 6:30PM last night. I snack before bed. It's 3:45AM. I just took my AP/ReCreate/PowerFULL/Cissus. I'll mix up my Jacked in a few minutes and swig it down and hit the road. about 10 mins out from the gym I'll start sipping on my pre workout BCAA's and hit the gym.

Honestly, when I am strict, I won't eat at all, and i usually lean out and when doing cardio I get even leaner. Right now, if I wake at night I'll snack a bit, which has been very good for me as of late. But like I said when I am more strict I will not eat after my pre bed snack, which is usually protein based.

So it can be as much as 8 hours fasted and when I am slacking 3-4 hours fasted. Either way I do not eat until after my workout.

I'm considering a revisit with such protocol. About 4 years ago I switched over to using some Gatorade + ICE (BCAA) after a few Customizer/Zepp/str8flexed insights at Avant. From a performance perspective, results were so great I knew it was a keeper and have not changed since regardless of bulk/cut. Two things to consider here: 1) My knowledge of nutrition then probably was not what it is today. 2) I generally keep calories pretty low throughout tha week while TKD/CKD so that I can treat myself and eat like a 'normal' person over tha weekend while going out. Fasted training would be extremely difficult in this scenerio unless I upped my intake a bit...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What do you usually snack on, B5150?
And do you get Cissus-burps when taking it on an empty stomach? I do for some odd reason. Bleh!
When I am on a restricted diet and have my discipline in check I will have a protein blend with psylium husk and a tablespoon of peanut butter. As long as I can refrain from eating again before my preworkout I can lean up really well.

When I am not too concerned or am recomping I will do the same and maybe some form of meat protein or an apple and a little more peanut butter than before.

Lately, as I have been putting on size and weight, and with the holidays, I have been as bad as eating several white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, chased with milk...repeat.

The thing is that when I am strict for so long even though I cheat I get away with it, and if I am lucky, which USPLabs AP makes me, I shuttle most of that crap to my muscle.

I am always careful to never over eat during my disciplined waking hours especially on traing days so that I am always partioning.

Some people think I am OCD or militant with my diet but it pays off as I am free to do what I want when I want...with the exception of too many white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. :D

I don't bulk anymore, I selectively and strategically cheat and overindulge ;)