AP Resensitization Protocol?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I couldn't find this mentioned in other threads definitively. I"ve noticed AP/PSlin just aren't as effective as they used to be. I took a PSlin with my usual meal last week and didn't get the same "hungry" feeling towards the end of my meal, so I've decided to take some time off the products.

It is possible to get desensitized/adapt to AP and PSlin (correct?). So how long should one take off the products if they start noticing diminishing effects; I was thinking 1-2 weeks. I've been off for 5 days (only 1 dose total) and was thinking of doing 10-15 days.

If you've taken time off, share your thoughts on how long it took and if you noticed the benefits afterwards.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
same thing with me i used to get angry i was so hungry. But now i cant tell i took it i was thinking of double dosing pslin.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
same thing with me i used to get angry i was so hungry. But now i cant tell i took it i was thinking of double dosing pslin.
It's like getting hooked on something, and you're tolerance just starts building up. Then things start getting expensive. Double dosing PSlin would cost you over $2/serving! I'm just looking for feedback on how to regain iAP' efficacy since I know some USP Labs members have been on this product longer than myself.

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
i took 2 weeks off of AP and now I get that hungry feeling again within 10 minutes of taking it.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I dont know if we have a exact protocol or not. I have never heard of one. I usually take 2 weeks off every 6-8 weeks. This seems to help quite a bit.

Mullet may be able to shed more light on this.

Sorry!

workout8485

Awards
i dont think i could bring myself to stop takin it :aargh:

i didnt know u got desensitisation issues with AP???

2 weeks off AP and ill be fat again!!!!!! :aargh:

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i dont think i could bring myself to stop takin it :aargh:

i didnt know u got desensitisation issues with AP???

2 weeks off AP and ill be fat again!!!!!! :aargh:
I usually recommend simply tightening up your diet for a few weeks, slightly lower, more complex carbs upon Anabolic-Pump cessation.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i just started ap today first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and got that hungery feeling again within 15-20min guess i just needed a break. know if only i could get prime to work for me i would be in bizznezz.:think:

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hey Steveoph glad to hear the rala is working for you im kind of interested in that myself although not for the same reason please let me know what you think of it.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just started ap today first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and got that hungery feeling again within 15-20min guess i just needed a break. know if only i could get prime to work for me i would be in bizznezz.:think:
You dosed AP on an empty stomach in the morning and got hungry 15 minutes later? I usually wake up hungry :lol:

As for how I'm liking the Na-R-ALA NutraCaps, I'm taking 2 about 10 minutes before my meal which has about 80g complex and 20g simple sugars. 1 caps for half the carbs. I'm clearly using it to enhance the insulin effect, and I'd say the effects are similar to what I noticed with PSlin when I started using it. After my 2 weeks hiatus, I will be able to give a comparison to some PSlin/AP (Whenever I get some more, I hear bulk will be getting to NP this week probably)

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
yeah im hungry in the morning to but i mean that crazy hunger that you get on ap:icon_lol::food:. thanks for the update on rala but im more interested in it for skin purposes i heard its good for collagen and stuff let me know if you think your skin improves.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Steve,

I was taking AP/PSlin for 6 months.

I dropped AP 6 weeks ago, and P-Slin had a 3 week break - hammered twice a day for a week, and will have a further 3 week break before kicking it back in on a mega-dosing schedule.

Before I could dose P-Slin then drag out 30-40 minutes before CHO consumption, after the 3 week break back to 10-15 minutes.

For that week, I was dosing twice a day, which, with Prime generated an enormous appetite.

Mullet once posted the following protocol:

2 weeks AP,
2 weeks AP/PSlin,
2 weeks PSlin
2 weeks off (maybe 1 week?)

You will need to confirm with him - the hard part is being strict with the protocol!

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steve,

I was taking AP/PSlin for 6 months.

I dropped AP 6 weeks ago, and P-Slin had a 3 week break - hammered twice a day for a week, and will have a further 3 week break before kicking it back in on a mega-dosing schedule.

Before I could dose P-Slin then drag out 30-40 minutes before CHO consumption, after the 3 week break back to 10-15 minutes.

For that week, I was dosing twice a day, which, with Prime generated an enormous appetite.

Mullet once posted the following protocol:

2 weeks AP,
2 weeks AP/PSlin,
2 weeks PSlin
2 weeks off (maybe 1 week?)

You will need to confirm with him - the hard part is being strict with the protocol!
Thanks jkp. I PMed him but got no response, might try again. I've been off for 11 days now, and it's such a habit to pop an AP before my carb-meals lol. I'm just being more strict on my overall cals and am doing fine though, and am using Na-R-ALA in the meantime which is working quite well.

miked512

Awards
Aaaahhh man.

I've never really lost the effects of the feeling of AP. I know I still get the hypoglycemic and hunger feeling I always got and I've been on this stuff since last June probably. My dosing protocol might be the reason for this though.

Usually, I rarely eat carbs aside from postworkout carbs after 7 PM and if I do, there's an AP to greet them. I also happen to take a day or two off a week from AP. Low to negligible carb intake on sunday and well, if I'm not eating over 30g of carbs for a meal, I'm just not going to take it. This might have something to do with it. I haven't actually tested. I love AP to take too much time off of it, but if I had to, I'd preload all of my meals with cinnamon and apple cider vinegar and up the chromium, vitamin C, and b-vitamins during the meal.

The Na-R-ALA should help a LOT as well.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I've been off it for 12 days now, and I've leaned out a bit on the Na-R-ALA and tighter diet. I'm going to give it another few days :thumbsup: I'm still hoping for a response from mulletsoldier or USPLabs :)

workout8485

Awards
im gona try stacking LG sciences Slin and Now's Tri chromium with cinnamon for my 2 weeks break from AP....

workout8485

Awards
Well I've been off it for 12 days now, and I've leaned out a bit on the Na-R-ALA and tighter diet. I'm going to give it another few days :thumbsup: I'm still hoping for a response from mulletsoldier or USPLabs :)
i might try the NA-R-ALA for another couple of weeks off AP sometime in the future - sounds like it might b good stuff!!!

SokVichet

SokVichet

Awards
  • Established
Steveoph, thanks for talking about the Na-R-ALA. Got me thinking about additional/alternate nutrient partitioners.

On AP, nowadays I get this strange nervous energy and really jittery about 15 min after dosing until I eat. I hold off for about 30 min before eating, but the feeling I get prior is quite unique. I actually like it alot compared to the lethargy I felt on my first half bottle, hehe. I have been taking AP for a long time now (about 6 months or more), and will be giving bulk P-Slin a try this week.

For me, I've had three different types of reactions over the time I've dosed AP.
1) First, it was lethargy and classic hypo symptoms.
2) Second, I quit getting hypo so easily and almost had no reaction between dosing and meal (I've always had extreme energy lapses between meals, to the point I thought I was diabetic or something lol).
3) Finally, I get extremely hungry, an energy rush, and often become very fidgety/anxious until I eat something.

I never really considered purposefully cycling AP, but I just let my schedule or memory do that for me. Occaisionally I'll forget my AP or just not have it with me.

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well after 19 days off, I just took a PSlin this morning. 1c. of Oatbran, 1sc. Whey + Frozen Berries. Moderate size meal, I'll see if I get hungry soon, pretty stuffed right now. It was one of these big boys

workout8485

Awards
Well after 19 days off, I just took a PSlin this morning. 1c. of Oatbran, 1sc. Whey + Frozen Berries. Moderate size meal, I'll see if I get hungry soon, pretty stuffed right now. It was one of these big b
how did it go steve? do u feel resensitized?

im half way through my 2 week break using LG sciences SLIN and NOW's tri chromium with cinnamon and they seem be working quite well, im gettin some good muscle fullness and pumps and the fat seems to be staying away so far...

Steveoph

Steveoph

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
how did it go steve? do u feel resensitized?

im half way through my 2 week break using LG sciences SLIN and NOW's tri chromium with cinnamon and they seem be working quite well, im gettin some good muscle fullness and pumps and the fat seems to be staying away so far...
Sorry, I missed your question. It didn't really kick in as hard as it originally did. I started dosing with bulk corosolic acid, and 40mg of pure CA really works wonders for me; AP never makes me feel hypoglycemic, but I take that with meals ~30-50g carbs, and the PSlin or CA with meals >70g carbs. And no, there's nothing in between :D

But I think it definitely needs time to cycle off; 2 weeks every 8 might do it, it's hard to make a recommendation based solely on my experience however I feel that like many supplements, AP is most effective is you take breaks from it. In the interim you can use Na-R-ALA like I did.