DCP AP Recreate

  1. Registered User
    luggnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    58
    Answers
    0

    DCP AP Recreate


    i posted a question in the recomp forum that i have been on AP/Recreate stack for about 6 weeks with great results. i decided to add DCP but my weight shot up afterwards in about a week i had gain 5lbs ... now DCP is the only change. i was hoping for great things .... is there a interaction or problem with these or could it be my individual body chemistry?

  2. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by luggnut View Post
    i posted a question in the recomp forum that i have been on AP/Recreate stack for about 6 weeks with great results. i decided to add DCP but my weight shot up afterwards in about a week i had gain 5lbs ... now DCP is the only change. i was hoping for great things .... is there a interaction or problem with these or could it be my individual body chemistry?
    a gain of 5lbs in one week sounds more like water retention. There wouldn't be an interaction of weight loss ingredients that would somehow create a weight gain atmosphere (in terms of adipose).
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Registered User
    luggnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    58
    Answers
    0

    would the combo have caused water retention?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    VolcomX311's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    16,356
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by luggnut View Post
    would the combo have caused water retention?
    If my memory serves me, I believe I have read that DCP caused early stage water retention in some users.
    NSCA - CSCS
  5. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,304
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    If my memory serves me, I believe I have read that DCP caused early stage water retention in some users.
    Correct, but there is also some massive synergy between the DCP and AP, which can cause some massive muscle glycogen enhancement.

    Do you feel bloated, or just "full"?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  6. Registered User
    luggnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    58
    Answers
    0

    not bloated or full the DCP/AP/Recreate combo seems to suppress my appetite and body heat seems higher. it just made me hold water suddenly i guess or maybe there is something else (infection, allergy, sickness?) that just happened at the same time as starting DCP that made me hold water.
  7. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,304
    Answers
    0

    So you would call it a puffy appearance, rather than a muscle fullness?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  8. Registered User
    luggnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    58
    Answers
    0

    i don't know if i could be objective enough to know if i was puffy or not... but if i am its not drastic i think i would notice that.
    would 5 lbs be very noticable water puff even on on a smooth not ripped guy like me. i think if i was single digit bf% i would definately notice it.
    so my only objective observation is the scale i was 199-200lbs a week or so ago then suddenly 205-206.
  9. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,304
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by luggnut View Post
    i don't know if i could be objective enough to know if i was puffy or not... but if i am its not drastic i think i would notice that.
    would 5 lbs be very noticable water puff even on on a smooth not ripped guy like me. i think if i was single digit bf% i would definately notice it.
    so my only objective observation is the scale i was 199-200lbs a week or so ago then suddenly 205-206.
    There are several things it could be...intracellular water retention, which will actually be beneficial as this will help maintain an anabolic enviroment to help you maintain, or even gain, muscle mass while cutting. It could be extracellular water retention, which would be EXTREMELY noticeable, as you would resemble the Michelin Man.

    It could also be glycogen supercompensation, as I mentioned before.

    Most likely, it is a combination of all 3.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  10. Registered User
    luggnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    46
    Posts
    58
    Answers
    0

    thanks dsade ... i read your reply in the recomp forum section too. i believe you have to be right on here. 5lbs that quick would most likely be water and i am stronger than usual on a cut so maybe a combo of water and super glycogen. i'm gonna stick it out and see. it seems everyone loves DCP so i'll keep at it
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Recreate?
    By Dizmal in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 06:58 PM
  2. recreate...
    By jsp0882 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-18-2008, 11:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in