Trutein sample review

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Got this Monday. Tried 2(of 5) so far.
The Milk Chocolate mixed very easily in 8 oz of skim milk and a few crushed ice cubes in a normal shaker. No clumps or residue. The taste is fantastic. Sort of a not so sweet Muscle Milk(I find MM a little too sweet).

I also tried the Chocolate Dipped Strawberry. Prepared the same way as above. I didn`t reall care for this one. The strawberry taste seemed very synthetic and left an aftertaste I didn`t like.

I`m looking forward to the Peanut Butter/Chocolate tonight or tomorrow depending on when I get back to the gym. I`ll follow up with reviews of the remaining 3. So far a good product as far as user friendly just a tste thing for one flavor. Batting 500 so far.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Tried the PB tonight. Very tasty. Clumped a little but I had no ice to help mix it. 3 down, 2 to go.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Tried the Chocolate dipped Banana. Good taste but again a slight chemical aftertaste. It must be me since no one else seems to have had an issue with it. I actually prefer one flavor at a time, not mixed. Ironically I have not tried the vanilla yet. A single flavor that I USUALLY add peaches, berries or bananas to. But I will try it solo tonight or tomorrow after squats.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
OK. I tried the final pouch, vanilla. Very good, but halfway through I added some OJ and finished it.
So overall Trutein is a great product.

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So which flavor should I hold for your next order? :stooges:

reptone

Awards
  • Established
So which flavor should I hold for your next order? :stooges:
I have at least 10 containers of Dymatize Elite and 4 Revolutionary Technology Nutrition Bionic Edge Whey in the closet to go through before I order ANY protein powder.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have some more CPBC in my cart at the planet. Love the stuff and the chocolate banana is growing on me, cant explain it

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Got my samples today. The Choc/Banana is just too awesome....looks like I'll be ordering some as well as Vanilla.

vudoo

Awards
Got my order and samples. I like it so far. I even made a review thread. :D

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
been hearing so much about this,I can't wait to try some myself!

good2Badawg

Awards
  • Established
Choc. Dipped Banana

Tried the Chocolate dipped Banana. Good taste but again a slight chemical aftertaste. It must be me since no one else seems to have had an issue with it. I actually prefer one flavor at a time, not mixed. Ironically I have not tried the vanilla yet. A single flavor that I USUALLY add peaches, berries or bananas to. But I will try it solo tonight or tomorrow after squats.
about the chemical aftertaste, my first few shakes of the choc. isolate did have that sort of chemical aftertaste. i suppose i have just become used to the product now but its not as prevalent as it was in the beginning. although, i occasionally still get it if i use a little less water and keep the consistency thick. but, imo its still a good product and a great value.

but, i too had a sample of the Trutein choc. dipped banana as well and cant necessarily agree about the chemical taste in this. it was not overwhelmingly banana flavored but a subtle hint that lingered and actually made me want more. i did have a few little clumps of chocolate but i assume it may have something to do with the flax or other ingredient in the mix. but, even the tiny (and i mean tiny) clumps were yummy.

rottie76

Awards
  • Established
I ordered the samples as well and liked them all, but the chocolate covered banana was a definite winner. I'll be ordering a tub next time there's a sale....it's hard to justify spending $45 on protein right now.