Trutein Review

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
About 30 minutes ago the UPS man dropped off my package of 2 2.5lbs Trutein. I got
2.5lbs CPBC
2.5lbs Choc. Covered banana
Samples of
Milk Chocolate
Vanilla
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry

Tried the Chocolate dipped strawberry first, as my daughter was itching to try it too.

Taste 9/10 We both agreed that it was more chocolate than strawberry, but the hint of strawberry was a nice addition.

Mixability 10/10 Did not use a shaker cup, just a cup and a spoon. A few stirs and their was no clumps, or extraneous pieces.

Overall 9/10 I was very impressed with this one. Flavor was a nice change,and the mixability is a huge plus. I am going to try chocolate banana tonight, which I am looking forward to.

The only negative had nothing to do with TruNutrition. It was soley the fault of UPS, as they rescheduled the delivery for some unknown reason and the delivery took about 1 week. Once this hits at the Planet, it could be a very big seller.

Will be back tonight with Choc Banana

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to seeing your thoughts. I did the sample pack and enjoyed them. I will be ordering Casein from them soon (hopefully end of this month).

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My thoughts as well on this one. The Choc-Banana was my favorite!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking forward to the Choc/Banana, should be quite tasty

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to snoop around their site some more!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
they have some real solid proteins. I was impressed with their site

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Quality and price are both phenomenal. Plus the sales can't be beat.

Killerkanadia

Killerkanadia

Awards
  • Established
They don't make a weight gainer, eh?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
2 more flavors

Chocolate banana

Mixability 10/10 the only thing comparable to trutein is Nutrapro. Nothing else comes close

Taste 6/10 Not a winner for me. I love banana, but this had an odd after taste and tasted somewhat synthetic

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
See mixability above

Taste: 10/10!!!!! Winner. Absolutely awesome. I nice mixture of both chocolate and PB, neither of which was totally overpowering. I will most certainly buy this again

Later on today I will review both chocolate and vanilla. To be honest and up front, I hate all proteins that are vanilla flavored. Hopefully this can win me over

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vanilla

Taste 7/10 As I mentioned before, I am not a fan of vanilla. The first few sips were not great, however the taste grew on me a tad. In act, the last 1/4 of it my daughter took it and finished it. So it is a winner in that regard.

Excited to see how the milk chocolate goes tonight

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Chocolate banana

Mixability 10/10 the only thing comparable to trutein is Nutrapro. Nothing else comes close

Taste 6/10 Not a winner for me. I love banana, but this had an odd after taste and tasted somewhat synthetic

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
See mixability above

Taste: 10/10!!!!! Winner. Absolutely awesome. I nice mixture of both chocolate and PB, neither of which was totally overpowering. I will most certainly buy this again

Later on today I will review both chocolate and vanilla. To be honest and up front, I hate all proteins that are vanilla flavored. Hopefully this can win me over
This is why multiple flavors are a plus...tastes vary and you need to have variety!!

Vanilla

Taste 7/10 As I mentioned before, I am not a fan of vanilla. The first few sips were not great, however the taste grew on me a tad. In act, the last 1/4 of it my daughter took it and finished it. So it is a winner in that regard.

Excited to see how the milk chocolate goes tonight
I am a hardcore vanilla man. Their Vanilla blend flavor is one of the best I have ever tasted.:love:

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Final review and rankings

Milk Chocolate
Mixability is the same as all the others. Fantastic 10/10

Taste 9/10 Slight aftertaste, however very smooth flavor with little bits in it (hopefully chocolate..lol) Definitely worth a future purchase.

Rankings and Final thoughts
1. Chocolate Peanut Butter
2. Milk Chocolate
3. Chocolate Strawberry
4. Vanilla
5. Chocolate Banana

Overall i was very impressed with Trutein. TruNutrition has a winner here, and I will be purchasing again (as long as UPS doesnt get in the way)