Whey, Egg, and Casein Reviews

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ordered about 15 lbs of protein last week and received it in about 5 days or so (including the weekend). Included in my order were samples of the Trutein, but I have not gotten around to trying most of those.

Chocolate Whey Blend:
Taste 9/10: great, full taste, but not overly sweet
Mixability: 9/10: very few clumps when mixed with 10 oz of water

Chocolate Casein:
Taste 10/10: Best. Casein. Ever.
Mixability 10/10: Again, best mixing for a casein product and it wasn't nearly as thick as most

Egg:
Taste 8/10: has a tad of egg aftertaste, but not huge
Mixability 10/10: very instantized

The egg protein is unflavored and I added it to both the whey and casein proteins.

Chocolate Trutein:
Taste 8/10: almost too sweet for my liking, but a good chocolate flavor
Mixability 8/10: some clump issues, but nothing really bad

I gave my samples to my fiancee to try to find a protein for her to use. I'll put up her review over the nest few days.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice Rodja..I ordered 6 lbs of vanilla blend and love it. It is awesome in water and off the charts in almond milk. I also have the samples and will be giving reviews soon.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been pondering switching to casein only, may give them a try.

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Would flavored egg white be something you're interested in? Most customers, it seems, use the egg white to enhance another protein drink, but if people are interested in a flavored egg protein to use alone, we could do that.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the review Rodja.

I was upset about a comment in an original Trutein thread, but it was explained by the owner. I want to get a tub of Casein from somewhere, I am just not set on the brand yet. But ill consider your review of their casein as being a good indicater that they might be worth checking out. Hmmm....

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll be honest: I am really impressed with what I've gotten and the egg protein is perfect.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I second these thoughts Rodja..very good quality here!!

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And the price on the casein is good too for 6lbs.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A smoking deal on Isolate right now as well

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thank you guys for your feedback! We're proud to be here at anabolicminds, and we above all value your support and dedication to the sport of bodybuilding and to your health.

Our marketing is primarily word-of-mouth right now, so it would be totally awesome if you could pass our information on to friends. That way we can continue to grow while offering really competitive prices, and introduce new products as well.

Thanks,
Greg

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've already told several friends about you guys. The protein market has gotten bad lately and finding a quality, reliable protein source has been at the top of my to-do list over the past month. Mission accomplished.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
any of you Lactose intolernt who tried the Casein? or the 40/40/20 blend?

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
crazyfool405, if you order the sample pack from our website I'll throw in a casein. please keep in mind the price of the sample pack is refunded on your next order.

You definitely be good to go with the whey isolate on sale at the moment. You most likely would be good to with Trutein as well, since about 90% of the whey and milk proteins in the blend from the triple-nanofiltered isolate forms.

JayV

Banned
Awards
I just ordered both flavors of isolate, egg white protein and trutein samples. Looking forward to trying it out. Will post my experience when it gets here.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would flavored egg white be something you're interested in? Most customers, it seems, use the egg white to enhance another protein drink, but if people are interested in a flavored egg protein to use alone, we could do that.
I would love to see a flavored egg white but keep it basic like choc/vanilla so it can be added to others. I am a huge fan of egg protein and would like to have some to add to my night time protein and/or for my pre-workout shake. I am looking forward to the TruTein samples I have coming my way; this looks to be an excellent alternative to ON Pro Complex.

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
oufinny: we'll be doing flavored egg in a few months, probably as we get further along into NutraPlanet and other retailers.

I like to think that Trutein is superior to Pro Complex because it contains casein, nothing is hidden in a proprietary blend, there's no maltodextrin (which is in Pro Complex) and there's no sodium (Pro Complex contains 10% of our Daily Value of sodium). We unfortunately consume too much salt in our diets, and sodium leads to heart disease and all sorts of other bad things. I think you'll be pleased with the Trutein samples.

Everyone's raving about the vanilla and the chocolates have little chocolate flavor burst crystals which are really unique!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oufinny: we'll be doing flavored egg in a few months, probably as we get further along into NutraPlanet and other retailers.

I like to think that Trutein is superior to Pro Complex because it contains casein, nothing is hidden in a proprietary blend, there's no maltodextrin (which is in Pro Complex) and there's no sodium (Pro Complex contains 10% of our Daily Value of sodium). We unfortunately consume too much salt in our diets, and sodium leads to heart disease and all sorts of other bad things. I think you'll be pleased with the Trutein samples.

Everyone's raving about the vanilla and the chocolates have little chocolate flavor burst crystals which are really unique!
I'm definitely interested in the flavored egg protein.

Nice job with the reviews, Rod.

-John

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Updates (these are from the fiancee, not me)

Chocolate Banana: too strong of a banana flavor, but still mixed well.

Chocolate-dipped Strawberry: she loved this one and I shall be ordering it very soon.

Chocolate PB coming soon...

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Updates (these are from the fiancee, not me)

Chocolate Banana: too strong of a banana flavor, but still mixed well.

Chocolate-dipped Strawberry: she loved this one and I shall be ordering it very soon.

Chocolate PB coming soon...
This was my favorite flavor...:sad3:

drob24

Awards
Got my samples and will try them this week. Did not want to waste them on a non workout day and this past week has been crazy. Have not worked out since monday. I will post my thoughts on all the flavors.

drob24

Awards
Had the Chocolate Covered Banana in 8 oz. of skim milk. This is out of this world good!! I have never had a protein that tasted this good!! I wish I did not have 5 cans of protein powder in the closet. I can not wait to try the other flavors!!

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Thank you sir for the review. I ordered casein chocolate and the trutein peanutbutter chocolAte. Both look solid and your review has only made me impatient for them to Arrive. I'm really hoping to find my new staple protein company and I will post a review when mine arrives.

Thanks again Rodja as I am also looking for a protein for the woman. She is more picky than I.

drob24

Awards
Thank you sir for the review. I ordered casein chocolate and the trutein peanutbutter chocolAte. Both look solid and your review has only made me impatient for them to Arrive. I'm really hoping to find my new staple protein company and I will post a review when mine arrives.

Thanks again Rodja as I am also looking for a protein for the woman. She is more picky than I.
I will try the Chocolate Peanutbutter next.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have some trutein being delivered today. Got some Choc Banana and CPB. However, I know that there are samples in there, so I am psyched to give this a shot Will throw a review up as well shortly after

majormass

Awards
id be kind of interested in a bulk milk and egg protein tub...probably not much demand....this might be coming back in vogue if that rumor that someone started over at trueprotein about the severe shortage next year comes true.. hope hes wrong

GregW

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
majormass: just PM me or call us at the phone number listed on our contact page, and we'll see what we can do!
thanks,
greg