Suggestions

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Greetings-

I'm looking at doing an order here soon. The question I have is for my daughter who swims competitively. This summer she'll be swimming 2.5 hrs on Mon/Tue/Thur/Friday. I'd like to have a good pre workout formula and a post workout drink for her. Both will have to be good tasting. Any good suggestions?

Thanks!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Try make a custom mix with oat starch and complete dairy for before, this should give her sustained energy throughout the swimming, then after a quick protein such as isolate with some dextrose will refill her energy stores and be a nice hold over until she can eat a real meal. As for taste any of the premium flavors are good, I think the Strawberries and cream with the oat starch would be nice for preworkout and something similar for post.
Feel free to use discount code PKM142 at checkout to save 5% or 10% on 16+lbs

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply! You prefer oat starch over Waxy maize?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think Waxy is overhyped and also you don't want you daughter getting pumps during swimming lol. To really make Waxy effective you have to do a lot of timing and you can't really mix protein with waxy.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha, good advice, thanks once again! I'll use your code, PKM142, when I order.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
What flavor you thinking of going with?? They got some good ones over there.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
From what I've read, the premium flavor is the way to go. Either strawberry or the Orange Cremesicle. I can pretty much drink anything, but for her, it has to be somewhat good.

Last season, when she was a freshmen, I told her she needed to make sure she took in more protein, her body needed it. "Sure dad, what do you know". After the first practice, she tells me "Coach says all us girls have to take in extra protein". :frustrate

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
don't use dextrose before swimming , some people have problem with using dextrose pre or during activity , because they get insulin shock , it manifests with big headache or even worst , my problem also many people have same problem , so its better to use WMS for pre workout

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
don't use dextrose before swimming , some people have problem with using dextrose pre or during activity , because they get insulin shock , it manifests with big headache or even worst , my problem also many people have same problem , so its better to use WMS for pre workout
Exactly, That is why I suggested Oat Starch pre-workout, it will give sustained energy throughout and should be easy on the stomach. Remember though to tailor the size of the shake to her needs, because to much of any thing is going to upset the stomach before swimming.

edvanp

edvanp

Awards
  • Established
Thoughts on whole grain brown rice? Comparable to Oat starch?

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
I posted my recommendation on trueprotein . com forum , using WMS pre and post workout with pre workout whey isolate post workout milk protein isolate