Some problems

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Well, I recently put in an order at TP, and I got premium strawberries and cream, french vanilla, and regular vanilla.

I was excited to try these out, but was very disappointed with a very medicinal taste and the poorest mixability I have ever encountered with any supplement, ever.

Now, after reading all the great reviews I think that somehow I messed my order up with the way I had it mixed. Is that possible? If it helps, I can post what the mix was and you guys can help me decipher the problem, because I want to order again, I really do, but if I can't get something that I can keep down I won't be able to.

The mixability was really really bad. After blending it for minutes and minutes, I still had to keep a spoon handy to keep stirring right before each drink. If not, a lot of the shake would settle at the bottom.

Thanks for any help, and I'm not trying to degrade the product or company. As I said, I think I might have made a poor mixing choice.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Different types of protein will have different consistencies/mixability, so post up your mix.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Definitely feel free to repost the mix and we can identify exactly what the cause was immediately!

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Ok, here is the mix:
Ok, here is the mix. I tried to follow the ingredient profile (as best I could) and ratio per serving like that of an Optimum Nutrition Weight Gainer I had.

Whey Protein Isolate Ion-Exch 20%
Amylocel (Waxy Maize Starch) 35%
Psyllium Seed Husk Fiber 15%
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA's) 15%
Medium Chain Triglyceride Powder (MCT) 15%

By the way, thanks all you guys for not being dicks and flaming me for not having the same success that you guys have had. Definitely makes me less apprehensive to post up questions.

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
BCAA killed mixability and taste , also MCT

in optimum weight gainer there isnt added BCAA , this bcaa are from protein , part of protein

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
I added the BCAA because it gave me higher protein each percentile, but I can take out of the next time. I can also take out the MCT next time to make it better.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a better mix but in the same type of ratios?

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
I think better weight gainer , I would use oat starch instead WMS

something like this

Milk protein isolate 40%
oat starch 60%

you will have carbs , fiber , micellar casein , whey protein isolate
for fat source order fish oil

or buy all this separate and mix it as you want

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I will give it a shot on the next order.