Waxy Maize insulin response?

21inchguns

Awards
Wut is the gi of waxy Maize Starch? Is it a high or low gi? I know the molecular weight means it will pass through the stomach immediately into the blood but will it stimulate insulin the same way maltodextrin/dextrose does for pwo? Vitargo says the gi is around 137 so I am not sure. Some nutritionist believe it is a very high gi, others say the insulin response is low compared to surgar? What is your take on this?

Wut is the gi of waxy Maize Starch? Is it a high or low gi? I know the molecular weight means it will pass through the stomach immediately into the blood but will it stimulate insulin the same way maltodextrin/dextrose does for pwo? Vitargo says the gi is around 137 so I am not sure. Some nutritionist believe it is a very high gi, others say the insulin response is low compared to surgar? What is your take on this?
The faster sugar(glucose) hits the blood stream the larger the insulin response to "distribute the sugar."

21inchguns

Awards
The faster sugar(glucose) hits the blood stream the larger the insulin response to "distribute the sugar."
This is what I was told and thought myself. TO me it seems that if it doesn't spike insulin then it doesn't do what we think it does because wut you said was ture, the quicker the sugar is released into the blood stream, the more insulin that is released. Layne Nortan and Dave Palumbo told me the same thing.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We do not have the exact GI on hand here but we have been given the opposite information that the glycemic index on the material is on the lower end of the spectrum and that the material does not use the insulin spike to shuttle the nutrients, but rather the molecular weight of the waxy itself. I believe there may be additional information available in the TP Forums, worth checking out at least!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You don't even know your own product? :(

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Neither the manufacturer or the distributor have the numbers we have requested; initially the product was tested with our trainers Jason Wojo, Justin Harris, and Eric Broser, and they determined our Waxy Maize product was higher in quality than any of the other products they have used on the market. The only thing we are lacking is the final GI numbers.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
why dont you get a glucometer, and test your blood sugar every 15 minutes after ingestion to see how high / long it goes....

i know someone over at MD did it, his levels went back to normal after 30 min., but insulin response was huge

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
why dont you get a glucometer, and test your blood sugar every 15 minutes after ingestion to see how high / long it goes....

i know someone over at MD did it, his levels went back to normal after 30 min., but insulin response was huge
take a look at my post...

taylorguillem

taylorguillem

Awards
if i remember correctly the experiment on IM. like 6 people tested it with a glucometer there was almost no insulin response.

B Money

Awards
WMS Experiment
*cant post links yet*
If the url's dont work, PM me....

I dont know about you guys, but I followed these links and it looks like the test was never performed.

Any updates?

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
replace your waxy maize with a jelly doughnut for a few months.
i bet you won't notice any difference other than jelly doughnuts are much more delicious.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i bet you won't notice any difference other than a jelly doughnuts are more enjoyable.

wise wise man here. There is this huge waxy maize bandwagon now. I dont get it. Why not just eat sugar ie gatorade, donut, milkshake. And the fact that the people who are selling all this miracle waxy maize and claim that it is great and dont even have information on it should say something. This entire forum has become just an enormous advertisement. I will never take anything "cutting edge" or "innovative" again. I have seen so many products that have put on 10 pounds of lean mass onto the tester in his log but then after the product has had its 15 minutes of fame and more research is dont on it, it is found that it is as good as sugar pills or even detrimental to gains.

purebred

is there any conclusive evidence substantiating the efficacy of WMS? i come across a lot of controversial evidence when it comes to WMS and that's unfortunately why i haven't purchased it yet. otherwise, i would've included it in my TP order today!

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
I don't believe there is actual evidence showing benefits of WMS. The benefits were from the original Vitargo which many people think/thought was the same as the current WMS. It is not.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Ill say it once and again like old school BOBO the CLOWN said. If you want a tire around your waist, go ahead and use WMS.....I dont, so i use plain oats with whey/casein

thanks

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ill say it once and again like old school BOBO the CLOWN said. If you want a tire around your waist, go ahead and use WMS.....I dont, so i use plain oats with whey/casein

thanks

Bobo doesnt know everything. Actually in my opinion since I started using simple carbs post workout again I have noticed much better recovery and muscle fullness. My next workout I always have a better pump and more energy. All other parts of the day I use low GI carbs.

To me this sounds like obvious logic but some people think they are smarter than everyone else and to them I say,....you are dumb.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Bobo doesnt know everything. Actually in my opinion since I started using simple carbs post workout again I have noticed much better recovery and muscle fullness. My next workout I always have a better pump and more energy. All other parts of the day I use low GI carbs.

To me this sounds like obvious logic but some people think they are smarter than everyone else and to them I say,....you are dumb.
WMS isn't simple sugar.

purebred

i agree. Bobo doesn't know everything. that's not even a question and i can't help but also realize: it's irrelevant. :thinking:

that being said, GI is also irrelevant. as an example, whey spikes our insulin PWO. no one is ever going to achieve immediate absorption of nutrients whichever way we attempt. oats contain vitamins, minerals & fiber. dex/malto don't. simple as that.

i don't know everything either but i know the above and that's enough information for me to make a logical choice. if we're going to start saying one thing is better than the other, anecdotal evidence such as "he-said/she-said" or "in my opinion" are invalid in supporting conclusive statements (e.g. "dextrose is better than oats PWO"). therefore, if what we're trying to do is disprove, conclusive research and studies need to start coming out and being posted up. at the very least, studies containing results that exemplify one way MAY be more effective than another, even if the results are not conclusive and more research needs to be completed. this is far more valid then "imo" statements.

in all honesty, i'm really not looking to start an argument and i really don't want you to feel as if i'm attacking you but i just felt there was a noticeable amount of animosity surrounding your post. i'm interested in doing nothing more than clearing up some confusion and getting along with folks so again, i apologize if i came off offensive. :paranoid: however, your response seems to have some resentment as if a personal dispute or disagreement was never finalized or settled. I'm not familiar with the history of this board's politics between members so chances are I'm wrong and for the sake of peaceableness on AM, i would like to be. :)

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
What do y'all think about eating trail mix (dried fruit, m&m's, mixed nuts) for you PWO carbs? Thats what i have been using, figure it's more nutritional then just straight sugar.

thaOrleanyte

thaOrleanyte

Awards
  • Established
I also agree with purebred in keeping animosity/ angry posts to a minimum as we are all trying to educate ourselves on optimal ways to get the best nutrition and of course the most gains.

Sorry if that came off as all self-righteous and sh!t.......but it is what it is.

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
i agree. Bobo doesn't know everything. that's not even a question and i can't help but also realize: it's irrelevant. :thinking:

that being said, GI is also irrelevant. as an example, whey spikes our insulin PWO. no one is ever going to achieve immediate absorption of nutrients whichever way we attempt. oats contain vitamins, minerals & fiber. dex/malto don't. simple as that.

i don't know everything either but i know the above and that's enough information for me to make a logical choice. if we're going to start saying one thing is better than the other, anecdotal evidence such as "he-said/she-said" or "in my opinion" are invalid in supporting conclusive statements (e.g. "dextrose is better than oats PWO"). therefore, if what we're trying to do is disprove, conclusive research and studies need to start coming out and being posted up. at the very least, studies containing results that exemplify one way MAY be more effective than another, even if the results are not conclusive and more research needs to be completed. this is far more valid then "imo" statements.

in all honesty, i'm really not looking to start an argument and i really don't want you to feel as if i'm attacking you but i just felt there was a noticeable amount of animosity surrounding your post. i'm interested in doing nothing more than clearing up some confusion and getting along with folks so again, i apologize if i came off offensive. :paranoid: however, your response seems to have some resentment as if a personal dispute or disagreement was never finalized or settled. I'm not familiar with the history of this board's politics between members so chances are I'm wrong and for the sake of peaceableness on AM, i would like to be. :)
Is there any evidence at all that slow digesting carbs and/or oats are good for PWO nutrition? I really don't know, so I'm straight asking. I believe nearly all the research is done with glucose/dextrose mix.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established

no there was no animosity in my post. the goofiness just doesnt come out as well in text.

As for whey spiking insulin, if you eat anything your body will release insulin. and yes the GI is important. The higher the number, the quicker it is absorbed, the more insulin is released. This is not he said/she said evidence. This is a fact. In my particular instance, I have gotten much better results with this approach and I dont need any more overly thought out studies or explanations for such a simple subject. Get nutrients to your muscles fast after tearing them up.

purebred

Get nutrients to your muscles fast after tearing them up.
that being said though, you will never achieve immediate absorption anyway.

i apologize for misunderstanding your post. you're right, it is pretty hard to translate exactly what you mean through text. :tongue2: therefore, the actuality of the circumstances reveal it'd be better to implement a carb such as oats in place of dextrose/maltodextrin due to it's superior nutritional content seeing as again: we're never going to achieve "fast absorption", relatively speaking.

but hey, if you insist it's working for you then that would mean you're progressing and by all means, continue! we're all here to just that, right? (progress)

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
that being said though, you will never achieve immediate absorption anyway.

i apologize for misunderstanding your post. you're right, it is pretty hard to translate exactly what you mean through text. :tongue2: therefore, the actuality of the circumstances reveal it'd be better to implement a carb such as oats in place of dextrose/maltodextrin due to it's superior nutritional content seeing as again: we're never going to achieve "fast absorption", relatively speaking.

but hey, if you insist it's working for you then that would mean you're progressing and by all means, continue! we're all here to just that, right? (progress)

we shall agree to disagree then. you sir are a gentleman and a scholar........ but seriously i am right

purebred

my question is what do you believe you're right. don't worry, i'm not going to argue. i just want to be sure we're on the same page about not being on the same page rofl

again: what are you right about?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i am right about the fact that you are wrong my friend.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
waxy maise is nothing special, it is a simple carbohydrate with no nutritional value (like purebred said).
and if it's so much better, i'd like to see something scientific that shows it does anything special for muscle hypertrophy/endurance.
unfortunately the only studies i've seen show that metabolic response to waxy maise is no different than straight glucose.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
i bet you won't notice any difference other than jelly doughnuts are much more delicious.
are you serious? BRO, if your serious im totally gonna do it cuz i spend too much money on the WMS!!!

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
are you serious? BRO, if your serious im totally gonna do it cuz i spend too much money on the WMS!!!
hell yeah he is serious. Pound a Mountain Dew and a jelly doughnut. got to pound the protein too though.

you do realize that you can buy Maltodextrin from NOW Foods for like a dollar a pound, its about as cheap as dirt. These guys selling Waxy Maize are making a killing off of that bullzhit. there is a million other options besides "cutting edge" bullzhit like this.

87GNX

Awards
Here's some info on this guy's PURE KARBOLYN™
The NEXT Generation carbohydrate
**Professional Supplements was the first U.S. Company to distribute a highly processed waxy maize starch, in its “Pure” form 4 years ago. It was called Pure Vitargo™. For those of you who had the opportunity to use the product you could tell an immediate difference in the way it uploaded glycogen and gave an incredible pump to the muscle. We have now evolved to our “Next Generation” carbohydrate that blows our previous version away. It is called “Pure Karbolyn™” and it uploads glucose faster than any other carbohydrate on the market and sustains energy nearly twice as long.

Pure Karbolyn™ is a patent pending carbohydrate that is absorbed 80% faster than any other carbohydrate on the market.

Designed for Elite athletes to quickly hyper-load muscle tissue with glycogen. Pure Karbolyn™ is the IDEAL carbohydrate for pre-contest carb loading.

Pure Karbolyn™ is completely unique due to its size & structure of the molecule. Precisely the right size for absorption, not too big and not too small.

Perfect for pre, during and post-workout carbohydrate loading & nutrient transportation.

No stomach bloat or discomfort

Pure Karbolyn™ is SUGAR FREE, mixes instantly & tastes incredible!

What is Pure Karbolyn™?
*Pure Karbolyn™ is a heavy, modified molecular mass polysaccharide that mixes instantly, is absorbed quicker than sugars and doesn’t cause any side effects such as stomach bloat or discomfort. Pure Karbolyn™ is a homopolysaccharide (relatively complex carbohydrate) that is made up of many monosaccharides joined together by glycosidic bonds. These are very large bonds that are branched macromolecules. The “Molecular Mass” has been precisely manipulated to create absorption through the stomach at a rate much greater than maltodextrin, dextrose, breads, pasta, rice or any other carbohydrate product on the market.

What makes Pure Karbolyn™ unique?

*What makes Pure Karbolyn™ unique is that it is processed using a patent pending “Enzymatic Milling Process”. This special processing helps Pure Karbolyn™ yield a very fast gastric emptying rate (GER). An exceptional GER allows Pure Karbolyn™ to rush through the stomach and into the blood stream quicker than any other carbohydrate on the market. This high tech carbohydrate actually moves through the stomach 80% faster than dextrose or sugar. The carbohydrate is quickly absorbed as glycogen & acts as an I.V. drip supplying additional energy reserves to the body.

*Pure Karbolyn™ drops quickly through the stomach and creates a “vacuum-like” state pulling nutrients swiftly into the bloodstream. Because Pure Karbolyn™ is precisely the right size for absorption, nutrients and glucose are now readily available for muscle uptake at nearly twice the speed than other carbohydrates.

*The food source to produce Pure Karbolyn™ is potato, rice & corn. Through research we have found that these food sources are ideal for rapid glycogen loading & work well with our enzymatic milling process. The finished product is a modified molecular mass polysaccharide that is absorbed very quickly with out any side effects, stomach bloating or discomfort.

*Pure Karbolyn™ is a very dense, concentrated form of carbohydrates. Gram for gram the energy concentration of Pure Karbolyn™ is far greater in terms of energy output than any other carbohydrate available today.

What is Pure KarbolynTM used for?

Pure Karbolyn™ was invented for the sole purpose of carbohydrate loading. It was designed for Elite Athletes looking for a fast, safe and high performance way to easily load the muscle with accessible muscle energy (glycogen).

If you are looking to diet for a show or pack on some mass, Pure Karbolyn™ is the ideal carbohydrate to get the results you are looking for. It is very common for many bodybuilders and fitness/figure competitors to rely solely on Pure Karbolyn and oatmeal as their only complex carbohydrate sources during their pre-contest & carb loading phase!

When is the best time to take Pure Karbolyn™?

In order to maximize the powerful glycogen and nutrient loading effects of Pure Karbolyn™, take 1 to 2 scoops 45-60 minutes prior to workout. This will ensure peak glucose levels in the blood.

Consume 1 scoop of Pure Karbolyn™ during your workout to help shuttle nutrients into the muscle and sustain energy levels.

Consume 1 to 2 scoops of Pure Karbolyn™ immediately after your workout to facilitate quick recovery from your intense workout.

How much Pure Karbolyn™ should I take?

Every athlete has different carbohydrate requirements and training goals. If you are trying to pack on size or are training 2-3+ hours per day, you would probably need 2 servings before, during and after your training (300g). If you are trying to sustain energy levels and are training on average 1 to 1.5 hours per day, 50 grams before, during and after may be more ideal for you. The best protocol to follow is to experiment with 1 or 2 scoops per serving and judge your workout intensity, performance and/or appearance until you reach your desired effect.

What is the difference between Waxy Maize Starch & Pure Karbolyn™?

**This may be very disappointing to waxy maize starch users!

Pure Karbolyn™ Vs. Waxy Maize Starch
Be Careful. If your carbohydrate supplement looks like “powdery”, cheap, unprocessed cornstarch (like the stuff you can buy at the grocery store) it probably is! This unprocessed starch is NOT going to give you the rapid absorbing, glycogen loading results you are looking for.

Did you ever wonder where the “Waxy Maize” hype came from?

The “Bandwagon effect” Def:
“As more people come to believe in something, others also ‘hop on the bandwagon’ regardless of the underlying evidence.”

Waxy maize starch simply was a created “FAD” only because supplement companies could not get their hands on the real deal, Vitargo®. The Swedes who owned the patented rights to Vitargo® were extremely selective in who they would let license out their engineered carbohydrate to. Professional Supplements was honored to have rights to Pure Vitargo® for a couple years before the Swedes gave the exclusive rights away to Energy8®.

When “Vitargo®” was gaining popularity in the U.S. the starch source that the Swedes used to manufacture their product was from waxy maize starch. Prior to using waxy maize starch, the Swedes used potato starch and now they currently use barley starch to make Vitargo®. When the supplement companies could not get their hot little hands on real Vitargo® they were forced to use the ingredient on the Vitargo® label, which (at that time) was waxy maize starch.

What these supp giants failed to realize however, was that the ingredient was not the magical factor in this engineered carbohydrate; it’s all in the processing! The rapid glycogen uptake that is desired from Vitargo® is not from the waxy maize starch ingredient, its from the patented Vitargo® processing. If unprocessed/unrefined powdery waxy maize was beneficial to athletes, Professional Supplements would have thrown it into a jug and sold it years ago. We would have saved a ton of money! Unprocessed waxy maize starch is incredibly cheap. It costs under $1.25 per pound! This unprocessed starch does nothing for rapid glycogen loading and nutrient absorption. Sorry, but it’s the truth.

If you are wondering if you have been buying cheap unprocessed starch, you can tell immediately when you open up your container. It looks just like ultra powdery cornstarch. What is sad is that there is a very good chance it is plain old unprocessed starch.

The main problem with unprocessed waxy maize starch is that it has not been accurately processed to attain rapid absorption into the blood stream. Waxy maize does “drop” through the stomach very quickly, but then it just sits there and the body has a difficult time absorbing the molecule because it has not been suitably modified for quick absorption.

If you are not “feeling it” from your waxy maize starch don’t be surprised. You are better off baking muffins with waxy maize starch than using it as a “performance” carbohydrate! These companies are making a fortune off of you and it is time you know the truth.

The true difference between any unprocessed starch and Pure Karbolyn™ is that Pure Karbolyn™ uses multi-stage enzymatic processing to reach optimal molecular size. This new patent pending processing yields a carbohydrate engineered for quick gastric emptying and rapid absorption into the blood stream. Once the starch is fully processed you can see, taste and feel the difference!

87GNX

Awards
Here"s a little info guy's what do you think
PURE KARBOLYN™
The NEXT Generation carbohydrate
**Professional Supplements was the first U.S. Company to distribute a highly processed waxy maize starch, in its “Pure” form 4 years ago. It was called Pure Vitargo™. For those of you who had the opportunity to use the product you could tell an immediate difference in the way it uploaded glycogen and gave an incredible pump to the muscle. We have now evolved to our “Next Generation” carbohydrate that blows our previous version away. It is called “Pure Karbolyn™” and it uploads glucose faster than any other carbohydrate on the market and sustains energy nearly twice as long.

Pure Karbolyn™ is a patent pending carbohydrate that is absorbed 80% faster than any other carbohydrate on the market.

Designed for Elite athletes to quickly hyper-load muscle tissue with glycogen. Pure Karbolyn™ is the IDEAL carbohydrate for pre-contest carb loading.

Pure Karbolyn™ is completely unique due to its size & structure of the molecule. Precisely the right size for absorption, not too big and not too small.

Perfect for pre, during and post-workout carbohydrate loading & nutrient transportation.

No stomach bloat or discomfort

Pure Karbolyn™ is SUGAR FREE, mixes instantly & tastes incredible!

What is Pure Karbolyn™?
*Pure Karbolyn™ is a heavy, modified molecular mass polysaccharide that mixes instantly, is absorbed quicker than sugars and doesn’t cause any side effects such as stomach bloat or discomfort. Pure Karbolyn™ is a homopolysaccharide (relatively complex carbohydrate) that is made up of many monosaccharides joined together by glycosidic bonds. These are very large bonds that are branched macromolecules. The “Molecular Mass” has been precisely manipulated to create absorption through the stomach at a rate much greater than maltodextrin, dextrose, breads, pasta, rice or any other carbohydrate product on the market.

What makes Pure Karbolyn™ unique?

*What makes Pure Karbolyn™ unique is that it is processed using a patent pending “Enzymatic Milling Process”. This special processing helps Pure Karbolyn™ yield a very fast gastric emptying rate (GER). An exceptional GER allows Pure Karbolyn™ to rush through the stomach and into the blood stream quicker than any other carbohydrate on the market. This high tech carbohydrate actually moves through the stomach 80% faster than dextrose or sugar. The carbohydrate is quickly absorbed as glycogen & acts as an I.V. drip supplying additional energy reserves to the body.

*Pure Karbolyn™ drops quickly through the stomach and creates a “vacuum-like” state pulling nutrients swiftly into the bloodstream. Because Pure Karbolyn™ is precisely the right size for absorption, nutrients and glucose are now readily available for muscle uptake at nearly twice the speed than other carbohydrates.

*The food source to produce Pure Karbolyn™ is potato, rice & corn. Through research we have found that these food sources are ideal for rapid glycogen loading & work well with our enzymatic milling process. The finished product is a modified molecular mass polysaccharide that is absorbed very quickly with out any side effects, stomach bloating or discomfort.

*Pure Karbolyn™ is a very dense, concentrated form of carbohydrates. Gram for gram the energy concentration of Pure Karbolyn™ is far greater in terms of energy output than any other carbohydrate available today.

What is Pure KarbolynTM used for?

Pure Karbolyn™ was invented for the sole purpose of carbohydrate loading. It was designed for Elite Athletes looking for a fast, safe and high performance way to easily load the muscle with accessible muscle energy (glycogen).

If you are looking to diet for a show or pack on some mass, Pure Karbolyn™ is the ideal carbohydrate to get the results you are looking for. It is very common for many bodybuilders and fitness/figure competitors to rely solely on Pure Karbolyn and oatmeal as their only complex carbohydrate sources during their pre-contest & carb loading phase!

When is the best time to take Pure Karbolyn™?

In order to maximize the powerful glycogen and nutrient loading effects of Pure Karbolyn™, take 1 to 2 scoops 45-60 minutes prior to workout. This will ensure peak glucose levels in the blood.

Consume 1 scoop of Pure Karbolyn™ during your workout to help shuttle nutrients into the muscle and sustain energy levels.

Consume 1 to 2 scoops of Pure Karbolyn™ immediately after your workout to facilitate quick recovery from your intense workout.

How much Pure Karbolyn™ should I take?

Every athlete has different carbohydrate requirements and training goals. If you are trying to pack on size or are training 2-3+ hours per day, you would probably need 2 servings before, during and after your training (300g). If you are trying to sustain energy levels and are training on average 1 to 1.5 hours per day, 50 grams before, during and after may be more ideal for you. The best protocol to follow is to experiment with 1 or 2 scoops per serving and judge your workout intensity, performance and/or appearance until you reach your desired effect.

What is the difference between Waxy Maize Starch & Pure Karbolyn™?

**This may be very disappointing to waxy maize starch users!

Pure Karbolyn™ Vs. Waxy Maize Starch
Be Careful. If your carbohydrate supplement looks like “powdery”, cheap, unprocessed cornstarch (like the stuff you can buy at the grocery store) it probably is! This unprocessed starch is NOT going to give you the rapid absorbing, glycogen loading results you are looking for.

Did you ever wonder where the “Waxy Maize” hype came from?

The “Bandwagon effect” Def:
“As more people come to believe in something, others also ‘hop on the bandwagon’ regardless of the underlying evidence.”

Waxy maize starch simply was a created “FAD” only because supplement companies could not get their hands on the real deal, Vitargo®. The Swedes who owned the patented rights to Vitargo® were extremely selective in who they would let license out their engineered carbohydrate to. Professional Supplements was honored to have rights to Pure Vitargo® for a couple years before the Swedes gave the exclusive rights away to Energy8®.

When “Vitargo®” was gaining popularity in the U.S. the starch source that the Swedes used to manufacture their product was from waxy maize starch. Prior to using waxy maize starch, the Swedes used potato starch and now they currently use barley starch to make Vitargo®. When the supplement companies could not get their hot little hands on real Vitargo® they were forced to use the ingredient on the Vitargo® label, which (at that time) was waxy maize starch.

What these supp giants failed to realize however, was that the ingredient was not the magical factor in this engineered carbohydrate; it’s all in the processing! The rapid glycogen uptake that is desired from Vitargo® is not from the waxy maize starch ingredient, its from the patented Vitargo® processing. If unprocessed/unrefined powdery waxy maize was beneficial to athletes, Professional Supplements would have thrown it into a jug and sold it years ago. We would have saved a ton of money! Unprocessed waxy maize starch is incredibly cheap. It costs under $1.25 per pound! This unprocessed starch does nothing for rapid glycogen loading and nutrient absorption. Sorry, but it’s the truth.

If you are wondering if you have been buying cheap unprocessed starch, you can tell immediately when you open up your container. It looks just like ultra powdery cornstarch. What is sad is that there is a very good chance it is plain old unprocessed starch.

The main problem with unprocessed waxy maize starch is that it has not been accurately processed to attain rapid absorption into the blood stream. Waxy maize does “drop” through the stomach very quickly, but then it just sits there and the body has a difficult time absorbing the molecule because it has not been suitably modified for quick absorption.

If you are not “feeling it” from your waxy maize starch don’t be surprised. You are better off baking muffins with waxy maize starch than using it as a “performance” carbohydrate! These companies are making a fortune off of you and it is time you know the truth.

The true difference between any unprocessed starch and Pure Karbolyn™ is that Pure Karbolyn™ uses multi-stage enzymatic processing to reach optimal molecular size. This new patent pending processing yields a carbohydrate engineered for quick gastric emptying and rapid absorption into the blood stream. Once the starch is fully processed you can see, taste and feel the difference!

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
dayumn

so my carbo max by max muscle that i bought for 15 bucks and will last me a year(complex carbs) is better than my waxi maize that will last me 2 months(simple carbs)

87GNX

Awards
this is the same thing but half the price
SciFit Presents:
Karbo-Lyn
Sugar Free!

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
waxy maise is nothing special, it is a simple carbohydrate with no nutritional value (like purebred said).
and if it's so much better, i'd like to see something scientific that shows it does anything special for muscle hypertrophy/endurance.
unfortunately the only studies i've seen show that metabolic response to waxy maise is no different than straight glucose.
Amen. I haven't been posting here in a while, and I just started lurking again but damn Hank you are gonna MAKE me post aren't ya. It's so nice to see someone else posting about how WMS is nothing special.

I'm sooooo tired of hearing this stuff STILL raved about :(

Jelly doughnuts ftw!

gerby

Awards
Every company says the same thing, the WMS is nothing special, but their formula is somehow different and way better. I looked at trueprotein and their waxy maize. The sponsor on this board gives a similar story, that his company's WMS is different than that made by others, that more research and development went into it (even though the ingredients are the same) and you'll see similar results to the patented, hard to find stuff like Vitargo and Karbolyn. I have trouble believing that a company is selling a product for 3 bucks a pound after all this r&d went into it, especially if it will give results similar to something that costs over ten bucks a pound. I'm sure that they're selling it for so cheap just because they're nice guys and don't need the money. The more likely explanation is that they took a very successful product, looked at the ingredient list, threw it in a tub with their own logo on it, and pawned it off with the same claims as the original manufacturer. That's the only way that this product would only cost them a buck per pound to produce and market and be profitable to sell at just over 3 bucks per pound.

buster0371

buster0371

Awards
  • Established
all i know is that i actually do see some nice gains while using WMS