Gemma/MPI custom mix review

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Went with a gemma protein isolate and milk protein isolate mix at 50/50. This mix should work great for any situation (other than post w/o) as the gemma is medium fast digestion, the MPI is naturally 80% casein (there is your slow digestioning) and 20% whey (so you still get a quick burst of aminos..even though small)

I have only mixed the protein in a blender bottle, in a blender for shakes, and in my oatmeal.

Mixibility: 7
Blender bottle: Leaves a bit of foaming. It all mixes well in just a few shakes. Have used water and skim milk and about 12 oz liquid per scoop has given me a nice consistancy.

Blender: ***put liquid in blender first or else the protein clumps at the bottom, sticks to the sides, and wont mix. So if you add the protein last it is fine. Mixes great that way.

Oatmeal w/ a spoon: mixes right in

Taste: 10
-Orange creamsicle (only tried in water and it was pretty good, I imagine some skim milk would be perfect)

-Strawberries n cream (good in water, great in milk, great in oatmeal)

-Bananas n cream (only tried in water so far...honestly taste like a premium vanilla flavor with a banana blended into it)

-Chocolate banana (nice flavor, only tried in water so far...should be good in oatmeal!)

-Dutch chocolate fudge (absolutely scandalous in skim milk or oatmeal!!)

-French vanilla cream (very rich vanilla..good for shakes that add in fruit)

I am very impressed with the flavors. The GPI/MPI is a real winner in my book with the premium flavors. This is my new staple for anytime protein!

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad you liked the flavors and very happy to hear that the Gemma is mixing well for you, I am finding more and more that using it in a custom blend highly increases the mixibility, did you have to use more liquid than usual to mix it or were you using the same you would normally use with a whey or casein?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
thanks for the review. Now if only shipping wasnt so much to Hawaii.......:(

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Glad you liked the flavors and very happy to hear that the Gemma is mixing well for you, I am finding more and more that using it in a custom blend highly increases the mixibility, did you have to use more liquid than usual to mix it or were you using the same you would normally use with a whey or casein?
I use a little more, it comes out a little thicker but I like it that way...reminds me more of a milk shake type of deal....:nutkick: