Gemma Protien Review

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I ordered 10 pounds of Gemma. Been using it for about a week.

It arrived while I was at work. When I got home at 10pm, I quick opened it up, dumped 2 scoops (70cc scoops) into a shaker cup, added 8 ounces of skim milk, and shook. I shook it about 5 times, then there was no sound!!!! I opened it up, and found "pudding" at the bottom of the shaker cup. Needless to say I was a bit disappointed, but this was my fault as I did very little research on it before ordering. Had I done my research, I'd have found out that you need to mix this with more liquid than WPI takes. So, I added more milk, and it came out fine.

There is a "different" tase, but it is not bad at all. I quickly got used to it. And, if you use the premium flavors, it masks that very well.

I mixed some Gemma 50/50 with some WPI that I had on hand. This seems to work out very well. Good mixability, good taste, and it doesn't take a bunch of liquid. I think this is how I will use it.

One benefit I noticed quickly was that it doesn't seem to cause me the nasty farts that I get when I use a lot of WPI.

I think this will work very well for cutting the cost of WPI, but I don't see me using it as a "stand alone" product very often.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good review...do some experiments and see if you can figure out a super easy way to use this.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the honest review RW, I have been hearing the same from people mixing the WPI and Gemma. I generally mix a 70cc scoop of any protein powder with 20+ ounces of water so the mixibility was great for me on the first round, it wasnt until other people started mentioning the mixibility issues that i realized most people are mixing with a significantly lower amount of liquid. Looking forward to more feedback on it!

tattoopierced1

Thinking I'll do a 50/50 mix of Gemma and WPI together to see how this works before ordering a bigger order of it. I'm a bit leary of the taste, but price is driving me more towards using it in my custom mixes now.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im hearing much better feedback on mixes including Gemma than people that are using it straight, make sure to post a review if you place the order!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Update

Ok, I got some unflavored WPI to mix with my Gemma. Mixed it 50/50 by volume (sorta) then shook well.

This blend mixes very well! The taste is very good also. I think this is how I'll be using the majority of my Gemma.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have been following up with many of the other users that were using 100% Gemma in the past with difficulty to recommend mixing with the WPI, definitely still cuts down on costs! The taste isnt as overbearing as the 100% Gemma either is it Red?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
No, the taste is not bad at all, but I don't think the taste of 100% Gemma is bad, just a bit different :)