Things you should know before ordering

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
Things you have to know before ordering form treuprotein and which will help you to get best order possible and save you money

DISCOUNTS
1. First discount is discount code . Discount code will save you 5% on whole trueprotein order . Here is one discount code CNIZZ . On checkout page in blank space after Promotion Discount Code: write CNIZZ and then click Update and in you will get 5% discount . You cant get discount on shipping using discount code

2. Second discount is amount discount . You will get amount discount buying 16lb or more of one powder ( protein or carbs ) in amount of 16lb or more . Amount discount is that second cheaper price . cant be 2x8lb , 4x4lb , must be 1x16lb or more .

- If you want amount discount and want more then one flavor , then pic one type of flavor and amount 16lb or more and then in order comments on Checkout page write what flavors you want and amount for that flavor , like this :
Complete Milk Dairy Isolate 4lb premium chocolate fudge
Complete Milk Dairy Isolate 4lb premium french vanila
Complete Milk Dairy Isolate 4lb premium strawberry and cream
Complete Milk Dairy Isolate 4lb premium banana bash

This way you will get more flavors and get amount discount .

For some supplements trueprotein will give you bigger amount discount https://www.trueprotein.com/product_listings.aspx?cid=25

So using discount code ( CNIZZ ) and buying 16lb or more will save you 10%

Flavors :

1. Best option is to buy Premium flavors , if you choose Premium flavor then go plain for sweetener , Premium flavors have sweeteners in them .

2. If you use free flavors and dont want sweetener then you must choose plain for sweetener and then in order comments write that you dont want sweetener , also you can ask double flavor , also just write it in order comments , for exemple double chocolate

Jugs
This is for international users , they must choose plastic jugs , for international orders outside of North American continent

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Jugs
This is for international users , they must choose plastic jugs
Is this a new thing? I've received orders to Canada in plastic bags twice. I just fill up my old containers. Or are you talking about something else?

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
for international orders outside of North American continent

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
Sorry if this is a newbie type question but i have never bought protein in bulk and plan to do so soon. I normally drink nectar. I am looking for a moderate priced whey with low carbs. I guess my question would be is what type of flavoring would actually be decent tasting mixed with water. Obviously chocolate or vanilla is out. Would some of the fruity flavors be ok? Should i go with BSL's flavoring. I am open to suggestions!
Thanks in advance for any help!

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
Sorry if this is a newbie type question but i have never bought protein in bulk and plan to do so soon. I normally drink nectar. I am looking for a moderate priced whey with low carbs. I guess my question would be is what type of flavoring would actually be decent tasting mixed with water. Obviously chocolate or vanilla is out. Would some of the fruity flavors be ok? Should i go with BSL's flavoring. I am open to suggestions!
Thanks in advance for any help!

whey protein concentrate , 2g of carbs in one serving , 23g of protein
True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements
price is 1-15 lbs. $5.89 , 16+ lbs. $5.60

and my choice is whey protein isolate cold-filtration , dont have lactose , great process of making , high % of protein , great quality , 27g of protein , 0 carbs , 0 fat in one serving
True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements
price 1-15 lbs. $9.39 , 16+ lbs. $8.92

so like I said I alway order whey protein isolate cold-filtration , always use premium flavors ( they are good as BSL but cheaper ) , premium flavors are great with water ( I always mix protein with water )

when I order , to save 10% on price of protein , I order like this :
choose whey protein cold filtration , choose one of premium flavors , go plain for sweetener because premium flavors have sweetener in them . I order 16lb because this way I will get amount discount , 5% , then on checkout page in place for order comment I write like this , if I want 8 different flavors and amount discount:
2lb of whey protein cold filtration premium strawberry and cream
2lb of whey protein cold filtration premium .....

like this for every flavor , dont have to be 2lb ,it was just exemple
so this way you will get more the one flavor and get amount discount , after that I write MOU110 in place for discount code and click on Update and get 5% discount on my trueprotein order , so this way I saved 10% and got more flavors

Premium dutch chocolate fudge is great , the best selling flavor , but every premium flavor is great with water , I only mix protein in water , also premium french vanila is great , to of my favorite flavors on trueprotein , I also like premium strawberry and cream , all premium flavors are great just choose flavors you like everyone is great with water

hope this help

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
whats going on 3000, for a low carb whey that tastes and mixes great at a great price i have to second the Whey Isolate Cold-Filtration, it is one of the best tasting whey products currently on the market, and mixed with any of the citrusy Premium flavors you should be good to go to mix with water. I personally prefer mixing Whey Isolate with the following flavors when mixing with water:

Banana Bash
Citrus LimeAde
Old-Fashioned Lemonade
Orange Juice Indulgence

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
didint try this 3 :
Citrus LimeAde
Old-Fashioned Lemonade
Orange Juice Indulgence

but I will order it in my next order

theamazing3000

Awards
  • Established
i will be purchasing soon i will keep you all updated!
thanks for the advice

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
post here before you order , maybe we can give you some advices to make your order better and cheaper

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't know who's idea it was, but you guys are very smart for having someone put up flyers with tear-away coupon codes. I was in the bathroom at school yesterday and above the urinal was a True Protein flyer right at eye level.

Great idea guys!:thumbsup:

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That would have been one of our customers, we offer discount codes as a referral program to anyone that is interested, just out of curiosity which code was it?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The code was MBC888. It was posted up at Arizona State University.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
cool ill check it out and see who had the awesome idea, thanks man!

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
news from trueprotein about price of protein

All right true believers, we have received the updated pricing from the majority of our manufacturers for first quarter 2008 and I have good, awesome, and bad news!

Awesome news: The pricing for the majority of our powders has not changed; on top of that only one or two supplement powders were raised, AND as you saw in our last post, PeptoPro is now lower than ever!!

Good news: The market seems to be leveling off for now, but we have been told that things can change on a dime and pricing is still scheduled to rise in the coming months.

Bad news: Egg White protein has risen slightly, but Whey Isolate Ion-Exchange will be seeing an immediate and vomit-enducing raise in price the likes of which the world has never seen.

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
The following products will be made available within the next month:

-Glucosamine HCL

-DMAE Powder

-TriMethylGlycine

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I made my first purchase last week. 5 LB's of custom whey mix of Micellar casien (50%), Whey Isolate (25%), Whey Concentrate (25%). I used the premium french vanilla flavor which tastes good. I made the mistake of also flavoring with splenda which makes it a bit sweeter than anticipated, but not bad.

In the future I'll go with a different premium flavor and remember not to also add sweetner.

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
did you get that package ?

I think you wont get splenda , now when you order premium or BSL flavor and sweetener , they don't add more sweetener in , only if you write in order comments that you want splenda to be added , and you ordered premium or BSL flavor

they changed when you order one protein powder , you can't make mistake and order premium or BSL flavor and add sweetener , but they didn't change on custom solution page

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
did you get that package ?

I think you wont get splenda , now when you order premium or BSL flavor and sweetener , they don't add more sweetener in , only if you write in order comments that you want splenda to be added , and you ordered premium or BSL flavor

they changed when you order one protein powder , you can't make mistake and order premium or BSL flavor and add sweetener , but they didn't change on custom solution page
Ok, cool. Yeah I've been drinking it. Maybe the psychological idea that it's double sweetened makes it seem sweeter. It doesn't taste bad, just sweeter than expected. I'll have to try mutiple flavors in the future to see which I like the best. Unless you want to send some samples, lol.

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
The Protein Book: A Complete Guide for the Athlete and Coach examines the topic of protein nutrition for both endurance and strength/power athletes. Referencing over 500 scientific studies, the book will serve as a reference on all aspects of optimal protein nutrition for athletes.

Topics covered include:

• The basics of protein digestion and metabolism

• A detailed examination of how protein digestion speed affects protein synthesis and breakdown

• Protein quality and how it is determined

• The debate over protein requirements for athletes

• Whether a specific amino acid profile might be superior for either endurance or strength/power athletes

• How meal frequency affects the body’s use of protein

• How nutrient timing around workouts can improve performance, recovery and long-term adaptation to training

• Controversies surrounding high protein intakes

• A look at whole food proteins and protein powders and their individual pros and cons

• An examination of currently available protein and amino acid based supplements

• Practical application of the book’s information for different types of athletes and their goals (maintenance, fat loss, and muscle mass gains)

About the author: Lyle McDonald is a physiologist and author who has spent over a decade obsessively finding ways to apply cutting edge scientific research to sports nutrition, fat loss, and muscle gains. His first book The Ketogenic Diet is generally considered to be the most comprehensive book ever written on the topic of low-carbohydrate diets. His other books The Ultimate Diet 2.0, Rapid Fat Loss Handbook and Guide to Flexible Dieting have helped thousands to lose fat and keep it off.

The Protein Book retails at $49.95, and will be available immediately at www.trueprotein.com!

http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=57&pid=6826

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I generally have a shake in the morning with my Oatmeal (independent) and then a shake after my noon workout

What would you guys recommend for a great all purpose formula?

Thanks in advance!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Complete Milk Dairy Isolate http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=22&pid=6744
or
if you are on budget Milk Protein Isolate http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_Details.aspx?cid=22&pid=70
you can use it for PWO ( Lyle McDonald recommendation ) , for MRP ( add some fish oil or almonds ) also for pre bed meal ( it has 80% micellar casein )
Thanks again. I am mildly lactose intolerant so would it be good to take a lactose enzyme tablet with this?

Great recommendation!

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
Thanks again. I am mildly lactose intolerant so would it be good to take a lactose enzyme tablet with this?

Great recommendation!
I'm also mild lactose intolerant , I can't use whey protein concentrate , but I didn't have any problem with taking complete milk diary isolate , don't know about milk protein isolate , if I were you I would order complete milk diary isolate , I think you want have any problem with it , but that depends on how much you are intolerant on lactose
I don't know how much you want to order , if lactose enzyme helps you I would order CMDI and order 1-2lb of MPI to see how do you feel after using it , or make small order , depends , or make small order 2lb MPI 2lb CMDI , something like that or 1lb of each

also I would recommend premium dutch chocolate fudge for flavor for your CMDI , taste great

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It is VERY mild and comes and goes....

What flavors do you recommend?:food:

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
It is VERY mild and comes and goes....

What flavors do you recommend?:food:
then its like mine lactose intolerance

for CMDI premium flavors , premium dutch chocolate fudge , premium chocolate banana , premium strawberry and cream , this are my fav flavors and they are great for CMDI

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How much is shipping on average?

I hate sites where I have to go, complete an order and then I get my shipping...

I always feel like when sites do this, they are hiding something...

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
How much is shipping on average?

I hate sites where I have to go, complete an order and then I get my shipping...

I always feel like when sites do this, they are hiding something...

on last page , you will get shipping price , and on same page there is space for your credit card info , also on same page is order comments and space for discount or promotion code
so when you click checkout on next page you will get info about shipping , when you click on checkout order isnt complete its complete when you writ in credit card info and then click on complete order

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
one more thing , this week there is promotion on trueprotein

Swedish Oat Starch (THIS WEEK ONLY!!!):
Sale Price: $3.49/lb
As Low As: $3.32!!!

Not only that, but we are also proud to announce the launch of ANOTHER cabohydrate material this week:

Whole Grain Brown Rice Carbohydrate
Regular Price: $4.69
As Low As: $4.45

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I just went thru the order process and wanted to order 1 or 2 lbs as a tester, s/h is $11....seems a little steep to send 2 one lb bags...

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Shipping has risen quite a bit but the rising costs of fuel will do that. I live in SoCal and some of the quotes even have me scratching my head.

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards

Today is a momentus occasion for all of our loyal True Protein customers! As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the lowest prices possible on the highest quality products available on the market, True Protein has swung a ground-breaking deal with several of our top-named manufacturers and DRAMATICALLY REDUCED the pricing on over 30 of our top-selling items!!! This is just a taste of the savings now available on-line:

Soy Protein Isolate non-GMO:
Originally: $5.69/lb
AS LOW AS: $4.74/lb!!!

Swedish Oat Starch:
Originally: $6.99/lb
AS LOW AS: $3.59/lb!!!

Beta-Alanine:
Originally: $7.99/100g
AS LOW AS: $4.10/100g!!!

Creatine Ethyl Ester:
Originally: $4.49/100g
AS LOW AS: $2.96/100g!!!

DiCreatine Malate:
Originally: $4.99/100g
AS LOW AS: $2.89/100g!!!

And now for the HUGE savings...

L-Glutamine:
Originally: $16.55/lb
AS LOW AS: $10.44/lb!!!

L-Leucine:
Originally: $19.99/lb
AS LOW AS: $12.34/lb!!!

That's right, savings across the board as high as 50% off of our previous list prices!!! Take advantage during this time of economic hardship, as we continue to use all of the resources at our disposal to produce the absolute lowest prices on all of your protein and supplement needs!

In other news, we have also launched a new supplement powder:

Pantothenic Acid B-5:
As Low As: $4.89/100g

Consider this just another way of saying thanks for your continued support and patronage! True Protein will be launching many more cost-cutting products and sourcing more supplements at prices that simply can't be beat, so be sure to keep an eye out in the coming weeks for more awesome promotions!

-Doug, Dante, Justin, Carl, and the entire staff of True Protein

purebred

markoni,

what are the differences between the 3 whey proteins available?
  • WPI Ultra-Filtration
  • WPI Cold-Filtration
  • WPI (CFM) Cross-Flow Microfiltration
  • WPI Ion-Exch
  • WPI Microfiltrated
I noticed you voiced your preference towards cold-filtration (something it not containing lactose).

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
they are same thing just different way of production , process

I use WPI cold filtration and WPI CFM , they are great , there isn't a big difference , I use them because I'm lactose intolerant

purebred

they are same thing just different way of production , process

I use WPI cold filtration and WPI CFM , they are great , there isn't a big difference , I use them because I'm lactose intolerant
i see, i see. i'm thinking of ordering a few lbs of protein powder. doing an mpi/wpi cold-filtration mix (60/40).

say i want to order 4 lbs. of powder but don't want all one flavor, i can order 1 lb. of 4 different flavors of my choice, right? i won't be charged any extra on S&H or anything else?

purebred

just put in that order Markoni. gotta say i'm anxious and excited at the same time to get my protein but i also feel violated lol i was charged almost $11 for shipping!!! ($10.81 to be exact) :headache:

it would be great if TP could work towards lower shipping costs? i'm sure people would buy even more than they already are! i know my order would've been larger if the shipping would've been lower...

btw, would it be possible to get a discount code? my order was for my friend and i to share but in the event that he wants to order on his own further down the road, would i be able to benefit from it?

Markoni321

Markoni321

Awards
11$ is nothing I pay 10x that , I'm from Europe

I think they are working on more shipping option , don't know about getting cost of shipping lower

send email to [email protected] and don't send it from yahoo mail

purebred

oh man...and here i am, complaining about 11 dollars. my condolences go out to you and your bank account!:run:

i just wanted to give my feedback on my ordering experience. i didn't mean to come across as a nagging customer. sorry if i did! i just didn't realize how much shipping was coming out to. it didn't hit me until i finalized the order lol. it isn't that expensive on other sites either. oh well, i'm looking forward to getting my protein. i'll def. be giving my reviews on here