All Protein Users Please Read

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Reposted message from Dante "DoggCrapp" Trudel, Co-Owner of True Protein:

As you guys know, there is a huge milk shortage...and with that hand in hand goes any kind of milk based protein shortage. Basically there is a food commodity shortage all around, eggs, corn and milk....and those all are base products for other products in the bodybuilding genre-- eggs (egg protein), corn (so many numerous products to name including waxy maize) and of course milk (all wheys, and caseins, predonimantly 90% of the USA's protein powder usage)......I hate to say this but we are hearing there is no quick ending in sight here at all, in fact just the opposite. Where we source from has told us "this isnt ending any time soon, be prepared, the days of low priced whey protein powder is far gone".

For example: Our latest quote from our longtime source for Whey protein concentrate came back to us 2 weeks ago with a price that was MORE (yes more) than we currently sell it for on the Trueprotein.com site...We were beyond shocked. It jumped up well over a dollar in price per pound for us to acquire.

Ive been keeping an eye on this price wise both locally and online and Im seeing posts by people walking into their local shops and being astounded that their regularly bought 5 pound whey protein powder jug is now 20 dollars more than it was 2 months ago.

Doug, Carl and myself have really put our heads together on this one and are scouring the planet to remedy this situation as best we can for the masses....because if this keeps going, I dont care where you buy your whey protein powder from, you might just be buying a 5 pound jug of whey protein powder for 78 dollars down the road here. Thats the reality of the situation via the shortages.

I think we are on the right track and we have located a couple of distinct viable proteins that are vegetable based, very high quality, 90% pro percentage, that are an iota away from being complete proteins (and if mixed together--walla).....but unlike whey proteins, these proteins Doug and I have sourced would have very high levels of arginine, leucine and lysine. Key components in the muscle building process, predominatly leucine.

The costs of your protein powder bill (no matter where you buy it) instead of continually rising up, would go down substantially with these proteins. The world has been using and doing the research/technology on whey proteins for many decades now because it was cheap, readily available and convenient (byproduct of milk)....thats no longer feasible and the market is changing. These new proteins will most likely now become the norm because of being readily available and the low price....research and technology will now be focused on how to continually make them better (ala whey at one time with mixabilty, digestability, taste). I just came across the patent for the hydrolyzed version of one of the more promising of the vegetable based proteins today. I just want you guys to know we arent standing crossing our fingers waiting for prices to drop with whey production (its not going to happen)...and we are on this hardcore and doing something about it proactively. We have multiple samples of new alternative proteins coming in, im looking at spec sheets on my desk right now....and Doug, Carl and I will get down to business, testing, tasting, sampling different alternative proteins just like we did when we started Trueprotein years ago....to save you guys money in your pockets.

I am hoping to get most of the busy work done in August and show you guys what we have come up with here regarding this dilemna a few weeks down the road.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, first gas and now this...This day just continually gets worse for me.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
we have seen increases in WPC pricing over 43% in the last six months, its likely over 50% by now, pure insanity. Im paying $4.25 for a gallon of milk recently

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just bought a gallon for 3.90. I don't go through much protein because of the digestive issues I get but the cost of eggs, milk and the occasional protein container is getting out of hand.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
See how good bio-fuel is going to be?? Sheeze.

I'd be willing to try a vegtable based protien powder that was reasonably priced.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
See how good bio-fuel is going to be?? Sheeze.
Yeah, I was reading about this the other day. Its just soooo much easier for farmers to send their corn over to ethanol plants than anything else.

Blown_SC

Blown_SC

Eh Hole Board Supporter
Awards
Looks like I'll be becoming a BCAA/EAA man from now on lol.

T

tattoopierced1

time to start doing some side jobs and hording up on some protein....

J

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
Protein, who uses that???

Now, seriously, if there is a good protein from veggies that comes cheaper than whey, rush that stuff, I could use some more protein.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I did my part. I stopped drinking milk :thumbsup:. Honestly you can keep your protein if you're gonna charge a fortune. Soon as they jack up prices and people drop the product, demand goes down = supply goes up = prices drop.

I for one will NOT be paying even close to $80 ( LOL riiiiight ) for 5lbs whey.

This is just the milk duds price gouging and money grabbing because demand is high.

Pathetic business practice.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
I am very interested in this. Please keep us updated!

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i have sampled the new proteins myself and they mix and taste great, we are still in the process of researching the material to ensure that it is a high quality replacement for whey

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
i have sampled the new proteins myself and they mix and taste great, we are still in the process of researching the material to ensure that it is a high quality replacement for whey
Very Cool.

Any timeframe?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i have been on doug and dante to get it moving but i dont have an exact date unfortunately

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I did my part. I stopped drinking milk :thumbsup:. Honestly you can keep your protein if you're gonna charge a fortune. Soon as they jack up prices and people drop the product, demand goes down = supply goes up = prices drop.

This is just the milk duds price gouging and money grabbing because demand is high.

You gotta be kidding me with a post like this.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Looking forward to waht you have in store CNizz

brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established

:fool2:

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
You gotta be kidding me with a post like this.
How'z that? Is it so hard to realize that it's just supply n demand? Please feel free to explain what you mean.

Much love,

Neoborn.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
How'z that? Is it so hard to realize that it's just supply n demand? Please feel free to explain what you mean.

Much love,

Neoborn.
I was an economics major...I know all about supply and demand. But the basic graph doesn't apply to everything. When there are extraneous circumstances such as a shortage of materials (i.e., milk) and the product or service is a necessity for the market (milk) the price will go up, down slightly and level off at a new higher level. It won't come down until either the market deems it a luxory or the supply goes back up.

But with that being said, it's your choice and if you can get enough protein into your day without the addition of shakes, you're better off anyhow. But you don't need to bash a company who is trying to help in developing new sources for the product.

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for your explanation. Very nice reply :thumbsup:.

I want to clearly communicate to you and to apologize if there was any confusion from my posting above. I was not / am not in any way, shape or form taking a dig at CNizz and any company relative to this post. I was merely responding to the price gouging from the people who have gotten wise in the milk industry that they old waste byproduct is now earning them a mint and they're taking us for every cent on it.

Much love truly to Cnizz and anyone trying to help us attain our protein and keep the cost down <3 :thumbsup:

Sorry for any confusion,

Neoborn

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I thought you were accusing TP of price gouging...my bad.