Waxy Maize and Insulin

21inchguns

Awards
Does Waxy Maize Starch spike your Insulin? I thought it did but now I am hearing it does not. I thought that was the whole point of pwo carbohydrates? I was under the impression that even though it was complex, the rate at which it digests creates a greater insulin spike then dextrose.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Whats going on 21, waxy maize does not cause an insulin spike, but it is still a great material for carrying material to the cells. The benefit that most people are seeing in it is that it does not cause the bloating effects most people experience with Dextrose or Maltodextrin, and it does not cause the insulin response. Thanks!

killtheswitch

Awards
Im new here.,..but I am interesting in where you found the information to substantiate that waxy maize does not effect insulin levels....cuz it sure spikes the hell out of mine

killtheswitch

Awards
"These studies showed that blood sugar levels and insulin levels were not statistically significantly different the HMW carbohydrate and the glucose. So, despite being a complex carbohydrate, compared to the sugary Dextrose, the HMW carbohydrate was still raising insulin at about the same level as Dextrose."

Thank you for the fast reply....I am just having a difficult time grasping that it does not affect insulin levels...especially when after I take it I feel hungry in 15 minutes which is indicative of having an insulin spike.....and basically what the guy was saying in the above article...

killtheswitch

Awards
Dave Polumbo is amazing. I read his articles every chance I can get...Ok so I can safely say that we both agree waxy maize spikes your insulin....I just thought you said it did not affect insulin levels...Thanks bro