Will TP ever carry ground oats?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
In the products request thread it was mentioned that TP would be carrying oats. Is this off for now?

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Like pre-blended to just throw straight into a shake?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
we were testing several companies but the material was too coarse and would not dissolve properly in a shake, but we are receiving a new sample in a week that we believe will be exactly what we are looking for, sorry for the delay guys!

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
This would make my life sooo much easier! I'll be your first customer.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The brand we have been requesting samples from said that they were creating a new batch and the samples would be shipped 6/16 but they should have been received by now so I will double check with the company, thanks for reminding me though!

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
Bump. Definitely would be interested in ground oats that actually dissolve.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I spoke with the rep yesterday because samples were supposed to have arrived by the 16th and they said that the new run of product still had not been completed, we may be considering looking to a new source at this point

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Looks like they are giving oyu guys the run around...good luck.

I am still excited for this. It will definately make me convert from ON to TP...

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
we are almost to the point where we are just going to grind the oat ourselves, the product we are looking to sample is exactly what we are looking for but I cant get my hands on it for the life of me

tattoopierced1

we are almost to the point where we are just going to grind the oat ourselves, the product we are looking to sample is exactly what we are looking for but I cant get my hands on it for the life of me
as long as i dont have to grind it, i'm all for whatever you guys decide to do.

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
as long as i dont have to grind it, i'm all for whatever you guys decide to do.
I'm more concerned as to whether it dissolves. Grinding oats up is easy but I can't get them to small enough to dissolve and not collect at the bottom of the cup.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I'm more concerned as to whether it dissolves. Grinding oats up is easy but I can't get them to small enough to dissolve and not collect at the bottom of the cup.
Yea. I mean a cofee grinder does the best job, IMO, but the texture of the shake still sucks.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea. I mean a cofee grinder does the best job, IMO, but the texture of the shake still sucks.
Agreed! Would love to see a product like this from TP.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'd order a shat load! I'd love to have a mrp with ground oats that doesn't cost a zillion phaphillion dollars. I use lean mass matrix right now and its very expensive.

yoshi5674

yoshi5674

Awards
  • Established
I'm in iraq and our carb choices are piss poor. I have at least 5 guys in my platoon and myself who will buy you out of ground oats. Bring on the oats!

Joint Fracture

Awards
Bump.
----------------------

I'm getting too much body-fat with the maize, with age I can't burn off the slop like before.
Would be interested in a very finely ground oat powder.

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Bump again.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
That would be nice. TP is a great company and pretty much the only one I use for protein.. all the new products are making it a lot easier to bypass the competition. :)

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This would definately be an awesome thing for consumers and TP business....I think the only time ive used ground oats was the ones inside of DS Replenish, that stuff is grounded to micro proportions like whey itself.

Ubi, just curious what do you buy from TP? There are so many choices...I was looking for a slow blend and a fast blend.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sorry didnt see the bumps guys, sent out another email this week and the only news is that the new batch is "in production," I can only hope that means we will be receiving the sample soon, the distributor is making me look like a jackass haha

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
Ubi, just curious what do you buy from TP? There are so many choices...I was looking for a slow blend and a fast blend.
Last protein order was someting like 50lbs of Whey concentrate w/stevia and aminogen, as well as 20lbs of Complete Milk Protein, plus a few flavor packs.

Joint Fracture

Awards

Pump,
I usually use a cold filtration Iso whey for fast day time/pre-post training (because of its good mixability) and one of the "night time" pre blended formulas for sack time protein.
----------------------

Oh, and UB,...nice Glactacus head.

Joint Fracture

Awards
Sorry didnt see the bumps guys, sent out another email this week and the only news is that the new batch is "in production," I can only hope that means we will be receiving the sample soon, the distributor is making me look like a jackass haha

Thanks for the update CN.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
no problem, just keep bumping away until the manufacturer quits dropping the ball haha

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
CNizz, do you know how much per pound the ground oats would cost?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I havent even received the pricing yet from the distributor we have been dealing with, what you can count on is our pricing beating out everyone else on the market that provides the same quality

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
I havent even received the pricing yet from the distributor we have been dealing with, what you can count on is our pricing beating out everyone else on the market that provides the same quality
Bump...

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
BUMP and is this any diff then us grinding our own oats? just we can buy 5lb bags and thats the main diff at maybe even cheaper cost then grinding our own?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
the material we are trying to get in will be refined and will be finer than anything you could chop yourself, or atleast thats what the hope is

Joint Fracture

Awards
Bump.

Gotta keep bugging TP folks. Let 'em know we would like an alternative to maize.

;)

Joint Fracture

Awards
Consider us your personal wood-pecker(s) sitting on your shoulder.
Every time you start to forget about the oats.....JAB!
A beak to the temple.

s! ss! sss!

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Is their still any chance for the ground oats?

jaydesiel4651

Awards
just put your dry oats in the blender or a coffee grinder...and you get instant ground oats

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
just put your dry oats in the blender or a coffee grinder...and you get instant ground oats
i think people are looking for a finer consistancy then what is normally achieved by a blender....im not sure but could it get down to waxy maize like consistancy?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I gave up trying to get the manufacturer to supply us and handed the responsibility over to Doug, since he tends to have more leverage. The problem is we know exactly which product we want to get in and we know it will be the best quality product but getting it outta these guys is like drawing blood from a stone

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I just spent 30 minutes last night with an empty tub, my little coffee grinder and a big box of oats...

Carl, please get this done, I am growing to loathe the sound of the coffee grinder!!!

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
its gotten to the point where the rep is patronizing me when I email, acting like I am being impatient because the material he said would be available in August still isnt ready. is there a specific product you guys have used in the past that you would like us to offer for this product? This Oatlife joker seems to be leading us on with no results, so any other material that would be a suitable replacement we can attempt to source immediately

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
got the response from yesterday's inquiry, looks like we will definitely need to be looking for a new source at this point:

"Nothing new here with regards to OatLife.
We have been very busy with the RiceLife -- making slight modifications, improvements and full scale production.
Because of this, the OatLife keeps being pushed back. I am hopeful we can have product available in about another month."

Sorry guys but I will do my best finding another suitable replacement, it is just crucial to us that we get a fine material that will mix well, because the majority of the manufacturers we have attempted to source material from have only offered extremely coarse material

dan7681

dan7681

Board Sponsor
Awards
its gotten to the point where the rep is patronizing me when I email, acting like I am being impatient because the material he said would be available in August still isnt ready. is there a specific product you guys have used in the past that you would like us to offer for this product? This Oatlife joker seems to be leading us on with no results, so any other material that would be a suitable replacement we can attempt to source immediately
What about a brown rice or a sweet potato powder? I believe I've seen this is some MRPs before....

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
we are in the process of sourcing a rice powder but we havent looked in to a potato powder at this point, let me see what i can find

haiz69

haiz69

Awards
  • Established
Disappointed that this hasn't come in yet.