Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate Ultra Grade

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
One of our newest products that has just arrived for April, the Hydrolyzed Whey Isolate Ultra Grade is an amazing new Hydrolyzed product that is easily absorbed and assimilated into the body.

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would like some info on this I made a custom blend of your other hydrolyzed whey. Any info and advice on this would be great.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would like some info on this I made a custom blend of your other hydrolyzed whey. Any info and advice on this would be great.
Sure thing, what kind of advice can I offer? Are you looking to stick with the same custom mix or modify it?

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just wanted to know how much better this is then your regular Hydrolyzed, I guess the measurement is in weight. And about how many grams would I need to take post workout if I used just this?

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
How do you de-bitterize it and does it affect the amino acid content?

T

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
How do you de-bitterize it and does it affect the amino acid content?
as for the complete process of how it is done, that is a good question. i know the peptopro we are just about to offer which has the lowest dalton number (300, which is almost like battery acid) is debitterized as well. don't let the term think the protein tastes like water though, it does still have an off bitter taste, but it is drinkable, not like some of the others in the past.

this process does not effect the amino acid structure or content at all.

thanks,
doug

G

Gdawg

Awards
Could you give me a number of daltons for the whey hydro ultra and high grades?

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
Could you give me a number of daltons for the whey hydro ultra and high grades?
Bump for this along with the degree of hydrolyzis and peptide length distribution? Or is it the same as WPH High Grade jst debitterized?

T

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
Bump for this along with the degree of hydrolyzis and peptide length distribution? Or is it the same as WPH High Grade jst debitterized?
no it has a better AN/TN ratio, i am just waiting for an exact answer for you dealing with the ultra since it is a new product.

thanks,
doug

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
no it has a better AN/TN ratio, i am just waiting for an exact answer for you dealing with the ultra since it is a new product.

thanks,
doug
Dumb Questions Time: Whats AN/TN ratio?

T

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
AN/TN is a ratio used all the time to gauge the enzymatic process of hyrolysis of proteins.

AN stands for amino nitrogen and TN stands for total nitrogen. not to completely confuse anyone and i will try to explain it as easy as i can. hydrolysis is the process breaking peptide bonds into smaller bonds (di and tri peptides, etc.) when this process happens a new amino group is released. this increase of amino groups increases amino nitrogen. AN divides by TN to give you the ratio number. this number essentially is an estimate of the degree of hydrolysis of that protein.

i hope that made sense. most proteins out today that say they are 100% hydrolyzed, hell i see it all the time, are very much misconcieving the public. they neccessarily are not telling a lie, but they are not telling the full truth either. when they say 100% hydrolyzed, they mean there are not other proteins added, but who cares if it is 100% hydrolyzed, what matters is to what degree is it hydrolyzed.

in the market most "hydrolyzed" proteins i see retail around 8% AN/TN, on a higher end a good general hydrolyzed protein is around 12-15% AN/TN and the sky is the limit from there.

now granted my explanation leaves a lot to be desired as in leaving much out of the equation and more goes into it than just above. but it is a good start, none the less for our needs.

thanks,
doug

Bruth

Bruth

Awards
Thanks, I have become accustomed to looking for Daltons/MW and Peptide Length as my Qaunitative (SP) standards for a WPH.

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How many grams of this would be recommended PWO, I have read something like 15-20.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Doug is on vacation but I will try to get an answer posted for you ASAP, thanks B!

T

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
How many grams of this would be recommended PWO, I have read something like 15-20.
honestly i think it is a personal preference. i would start with one scoop, along with any other protein you are using. one scoop will give you about 25g.

thanks,
doug