Thoughts on Post W/O protein mix

ksa

Awards
  • Established
After searching & reading in many boards about TP. I decided

to make me & my gym friends a post W/O shake.

I'd like to know your thoughts on this mix.

Hyrdrolyzed Casein ?% (10% would be nice?)

Hydrolyzed Whey Protein High Grade ?% ( again 10%)

any other whey protein isolate ?% (I'd like to know the best option from Whey Protein Isolate Microfiltrated, Whey Protein Isolate

Cold-Filtration OR Whey Protein Isolate Ion-Exchange)

Flavor : BSL Chocolate

Sweetner : Splenda

no additives

Free Food Grade Bag
Should I change these numbers or add another source of

protien specially the other whey isolates?

Note : I have 20lbs WMS so carbs are not an issue right

now & L-Leucine. Other pre-W/O supps are : CEE, Citrulline Malate, AAKG,

Beta alanine, & L-Tyrosine.

This mixture is 20lbs total.

KSA

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Here is what I am going to do as soon as I get done with my contest.

3/4 cup ground oats
50grams WMS
60 grams (60% WPI-cold filt./ 40% MPI (naturally occuring 80% casein , 20% whey) custom mix from true protein, gonna get a few premium flavors to try!!)
cup berries of choice
20g EXCELL

about 745 calories, 65 grams protein, 110 grams carbs, and 5 grams of fat

I'm gonna get one one of those large, like 28oz shakers that nutra has that everyone is ranting and raving about. I will put the above mix in it and begin sipping on it about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way through my workout then finish whats left of the shake when I am done.

I usually workout around 4 pm so it will look like this:

3ish- white flood

3:30ish whole food meal with macros close to 55p/55c/10f, something along the lines of f.f. yogurt with some oats or kashi cereal mixed in along with a custom True Protein mix of MPI and egg proteins with premium flavors of course and a few pecans for the taste:study:

4ish, start working out

start sipping shake 4:45 to 5ish

next whole food meal around 7pm with macros around 65p/65c/20f.

10pm-ish, another solid food meal, 50p/10c/15f

Hope this helps. Nothing super fancy, but I am liking the idea of starting to drink the shake BEFORE I finish my workout and I have heard nothing but sick things about Whiteflood. I have read quite a few places that the cold filtration is the best bang for the buck isolate and what most get.

ksa

Awards
  • Established
thanx for the reply but i was hoping to get an idea on the immediate post W/O shake (protein only).

and by the way sorry for my english.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
thanx for the reply but i was hoping to get an idea on the immediate post W/O shake (protein only).

and by the way sorry for my english.
Protein and carbs after your workout, even if you lift late at night. Your body needs it. Only exception is if in contest prep, but if you must go protein only you already answered your own question.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Don't you think that's a bit too much extra stuff to go along with the WMS?

ksa

Awards
  • Established
well im doing 2 immediate post W/O regimens

immediate post W/O

50g WMS + 5g leucine + 1serving Xtend + 2g CEE

after 15min (this is what im asking about)

Hydrolyzed Whey Protein High Grade 15% (should I increase

or keep it like this)

Hyrdrolyzed Casein 10% (again should I increase or keep it

like this)

The other 75% seems to be confusing for me since i dont no

what whey protein isolate is better in terms of quality.

is it Whey Protein Isolate Microfiltrated

or Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration

or Whey Protein Isolate Ion-Exchange.

thanx again

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Go with cold filtration. The other may be slightly more pure...but not really worth the extra cost. I have read this right from some of the company representatives.

ksa

Awards
  • Established
Go with cold filtration. The other may be slightly more pure...but not really worth the extra cost. I have read this right from some of the company representatives.
thanx rysigpi

ksa

Awards
  • Established
My immediate post W/O would look like this

50g WMS + 5g leucine + 1serving Xtend + 2g CEE

15min later : 1 scoop

Hydrolyzed Whey Protein High Grade 15%

Hyrdrolyzed Casein 10%

Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration 75%.

we have been working on a newsletter generator but have hit some difficulty, once we get it figured out we plan on starting the special, sorry for the delay!
can't wait

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Thanks for that. I too was wondering about the 3, and was probably going to just go for the cheaper one.

On a side note, have you guys though about adding milk isolate to your PWO shake? (True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements)
I know the cassein digests slower, but it also has some whey in it. I just remember hearing talk about slower digesting proteins even PWO, and was wondering if anybody was doing it. It's the same price as the cold-filtered isolate, and it's got +40% Glutamic acid.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for that. I too was wondering about the 3, and was probably going to just go for the cheaper one.

On a side note, have you guys though about adding milk isolate to your PWO shake? (True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements)
I know the cassein digests slower, but it also has some whey in it. I just remember hearing talk about slower digesting proteins even PWO, and was wondering if anybody was doing it. It's the same price as the cold-filtered isolate, and it's got +40% Glutamic acid.
Yep, and that is exactly what I will do after contest prep. I have read a few different studies suggesting that a combination of whey and casein post workout promotes more muscle growth that straight whey alone.

I will go with 50% or 60% Whey isolate cold filtration and 40-50% MPI. This will give me either a 60/40 ratio or 68/32 ratio of whey to casein depending on how I go.