"Free Stuff" Arrived!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering what the reccomended mix is... like 1 scoop to 8ounces of water or 6 ounces?

I'll start logging tomorrow, but I want to make sure I'm mixing it as its meant to be.

I took a little taste of each of the powders, and I gotta say I am REAL excited about trying the blackberry. The raw powder tastes awesome!

And thanks for the Shirt!!

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
no problem. i would start with roughly 6 oz of water per scoop. though i usually do 2-3 scoops in 12-16 oz of water, but i make mine special with a lower inclusion of flavor, i am a wimp i like it light, lol...

doug

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Well here we go. Last night before bed I was kinda hungry, but didn't want to take the time to fix something, so it was a perfect time to try one of the flavors. So I opened up the Mocha. Most protien powders I've bought have been kinda "wet". This seemed to be dry and fine grained. I put 2 scoops into 12 ounces of skim milk. It only took about 3 shakes in the shaker cup to get it completely mixed. No clumps. Big bonus points :) The taste was quite good, and the coffee flavor kinda lingered. Much like drinking one of the starbucks bottled drinks, but not quite that rich. I really like this flavor. Might be great iced.

This morning got real hectic and I had no time for breakfast. So next up was the blackberry. Again, 2 scoops into 12 ounces of skim milk. This stuff ROCKS! Same great texture and mixability, but the flavor is really impressive. I think I'll be picking up 5 pounds of this.

More soon!

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
thanks for the reviews... wow, first person that likes the mocha, lol.

yeah, the blackberry flavor is pretty much set, we are just changing out the color to a natural beet color as the other color i have noticed stained my teeth. i can't have that, what will the ladies think, lol

doug

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I really think the mocha is going to be an aquired taste, cant wait to hear your thoughts on the LemonLime

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I brought some of the mocha with me to work tonight... but forgot the milk. Its not nearly as good when mixed with water.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Todays flavor is lemon lime. Now I really didn't think I was going to like this one, so I kinda stacked the deck. I mixed 2 scoops of it with 12 ounces of water. It mixed just as easily as all the rest have. Ya know, this stuff is pretty damned good. Great lemon/lime flavor, not too sweet or sour. This would make a great during-workout drink. Hell I could sip on this during the summer instead of lemon aid. Looks like I'll need to pick up some of this for summertime.

You guys have another winner here!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Banana!

Most banana flavored stuff I've had in the past just kinda sucked. Usually there has been a bad chemical aftertaste. Not so with this! It is a very good banana flavor, with no bad aftertaste. I mixed 2 scoops with 12 ounces of skim milk. Mixability was just as good as all your other flavors. Couple of shakes, and it was completely mixed.

Personal note: I prefer my banana's a bit more "green" than most people do, thats just the flavor I like. This has the flavor of a ripe, but not overly ripe banana. Good stuff!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I was surprised the first time I tried a mocha- it was dymatize's and I'm not not even a coffee drinker and was surprised by how much I liked the mocha flavour. Glad that TP has the flavour for when I put my order thru :)

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Todays flavor is lemon lime. Now I really didn't think I was going to like this one, so I kinda stacked the deck. I mixed 2 scoops of it with 12 ounces of water. It mixed just as easily as all the rest have. Ya know, this stuff is pretty damned good. Great lemon/lime flavor, not too sweet or sour. This would make a great during-workout drink. Hell I could sip on this during the summer instead of lemon aid. Looks like I'll need to pick up some of this for summertime.

You guys have another winner here!
This is as close to gatorade flavored protein i have ever found, glad you liked it!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Just realized I forgot to review the Lemon.

Again, it mixes up great. I added 2 scoops to 10 ounces of water, and with a few shakes it was completely dissolved.

After tasting the lemon lime, I had high hopes for the lemon, but I was kinda dissapointed. Its not bad, just not up to par with the lemon lime. I also noted a bit of a chemical aftertaste.

Definatly drinkable, but my advice would be to spend your $$ on the lemon lime if you are after a citrus flavored drink.