Moose's FlavorFest

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Moose's True Protein FlavorFest

So I posted an idea for Flavor Sampling Packets in the Possible Promotions thread and CNizz decided to hook me up.

So I ordered:

2lbs Whey Protein Concentrate
2lbs Egg White Protein
2lbs Milk Protein Concentrate
A Premium Flavor Pack
1.7cc scoop for flavoring purposes

But instead of getting 1 50 gram flavor pack Carl hooked me up with little trial sizes of each of these flavors:

New Premium Flavors:

Dutch Chocolate Fudge
Orange Creamsicle
Strawberries and Cream
Orange Juice Indulgence

Regular Flavor Packs(Splenda):
Chocolate
Root Beer

Natural Flavor Packs(Stevia):
Chocolate
Root Beer

Throughout the next few weeks I'll be trying different combinations of flavoring amount, flavoring mixes, and flavor/protein mixes and giving an honest review on them.

So far I am thoroughly impressed with TP... next day Shipping
Ordered: 12:52 2/27/07
Shipped w/ tracking order: 1:23 2/27/07
Received: 12:15 2/28/07 after sprinting after the UPS bastard that was driving away.

Less than 24hrs and I had my protein, flavor packets and measuring scoop!

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Trial 1:

Whey Protein Concentrate - 60grams
Premium Dutch Chocolate Fudge Flavoring - 1gram (1.7cc scoop) I'll use my scale to confirm that measurement is accurate later.
Water - 10 ounces

Comments:
Overall I'm very impressed with the WPC – good texture, no foam, mixes well without clumping. The Dutch Chocolate Flavoring was too light for me but it had a good flavor none the less. Next run I will include more than 1gram for a good amount of flavoring in a 60gram shake.

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
yeah, the inclusion is usually around 5%, so for every lb (454g) you should use 23g of material or for that 60g serving of protein, you should use 3g... so in a sense you only used about a 1/3 of what the average is.

personally i like it at about 3.5% inclusion, i just don't like it so heavy, just a preference though. i know some that use our flavor packs like protein, lol...

as for the root beer, personally can't stand the stuff, not a fan at all. but we have some that order 50lbs of the stuff at once, i guess to each his on.

eventually all flavors (as in the free flavors) will be thoroughly gone through and redeveloped. it is just extremely expensive to do all of them at once. developing a new flavor and initial production can cost upwards of 10 g's to start per flavor.

but what we have learned, regardless if you source the absolute best products, which we always have done, if they don't taste good, people will complain. taste is what is always around and that is the first impression. you would be so surprised at how many people forget about if the actual "active" ingredient(s) works over how it tastes...

oh and thanks for doing these posts for the flavor trials, it is greatly appreciated. i know sometimes since we are always around this stuff, it is tough to be objective to taste.

doug

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
yeah, the inclusion is usually around 5%, so for every lb (454g) you should use 23g of material or for that 60g serving of protein, you should use 3g... so in a sense you only used about a 1/3 of what the average is.

personally i like it at about 3.5% inclusion, i just don't like it so heavy, just a preference though. i know some that use our flavor packs like protein, lol...

as for the root beer, personally can't stand the stuff, not a fan at all. but we have some that order 50lbs of the stuff at once, i guess to each his on.

eventually all flavors (as in the free flavors) will be thoroughly gone through and redeveloped. it is just extremely expensive to do all of them at once. developing a new flavor and initial production can cost upwards of 10 g's to start per flavor.

but what we have learned, regardless if you source the absolute best products, which we always have done, if they don't taste good, people will complain. taste is what is always around and that is the first impression. you would be so surprised at how many people forget about if the actual "active" ingredient(s) works over how it tastes...

oh and thanks for doing these posts for the flavor trials, it is greatly appreciated. i know sometimes since we are always around this stuff, it is tough to be objective to taste.

doug
Good to know on the flavoring inclusion percentage. I was going by the flavoring packs page, but in retrospect when you say per shake you most likely mean 25-30grams as opposed to 60grams.

I totally hear where you are coming from on product quality and I do appreciate it, but when you're consuming 180grams of protein powder a day some good flavoring never hurts :woohoo:

Hey no problem on logging these flavor tests. It's the least I could do for the way Carl went above and beyond for customer satisfaction.

Also if anyone has any protein/flavor mixes they would like me to give a shot just let me know and it might just make the Shake list for that day!

Coming Soon: More unbiased Flavor Feedback!:hammer:

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
yeah, carl is awesome. dante and i are always so anal about customer service and not until recently were we really happy with anyone, but carl understands to a "T" how we want our business ran, he really does go above and beyond.

i know many that are like, "wow, i didn't expect that", i guess we always say you should expect it from companies, without you guys we are really much of a company...

doug

dvsness

dvsness

Awards
I'd like to see what you think of an egg white/mpc blend with either orange creamsicle or strawberries and cream. It's on my list. :)

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
the cream flavors in general (choc and van too) go awesome with the casein proteins. i usually like to keep the fruit flavor (non cream) with the isolates or aminos, they just seem to go better.

d

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
I'd like to see what you think of an egg white/mpc blend with either orange creamsicle or strawberries and cream. It's on my list. :)
Definately on the list... Maybe tomorrow's breakfast

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
the root beer really intrigues me, i just would like to see some feedback first

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Trial:

Milk Protein Isolate - 30grams
Egg White Protein - 30grams
Premium Orange Creamsicle - 2gram (2 *1.7cc scoop)
Water - 10 ounces

Comments:

Interesting mix... very thick, very creamy, very very filling. This is totally different than any whey protein shake I've ever had. A huge plus is no clumping! Overall the flavor is pretty good and it was definately full flavor (as opposed to yesterday), but definately not something I could drink everyday. I may have to come back to this mix and try it with milk.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Trial 1:

Milk Protein Isolate - 30grams
Egg White Protein - 30grams
Premium Orange Creamsicle - 2gram (2 *1.7cc scoop)
Water - 10 ounces

Comments:

Interesting mix... very thick, very creamy, very very filling. This is totally different than any whey protein shake I've ever had. A huge plus is no clumping! Overall the flavor is pretty good and it was definately full flavor (as opposed to yesterday), but definately not something I could drink everyday. I may have to come back to this mix and try it with milk.

In general, my personal preference is to use milk with all of the casein products I use. I would definitely recommend trying it

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Milk Protein Isolate - 60 grams
Premium Strawberry Cream - 2.7grams
Water - 10 ounces(initially) - 13 ounces (final)

Comments:

At first I tried shaking this mix up with 10ounces of water, talk about UNBELIEVABLY thick. The consistency was like yogurt or pudding. So I threw in 3 more ounces of water and it was drinkable. I was amazed at how thick this was. The Strawberry Cream was definately my favorite flavor thus far. The smell is absolutely wonderful and the taste was pretty damn good. With the cement like consistency it was like a strawberry milkshake but with water!! Very excited about this mix.

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
yeah, the caseins in general especially at 60g will need more water than 10-12 onces. i actually go like 20 onces, unless you like that thickness.

doug

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
yeah, the caseins in general especially at 60g will need more water than 10-12 onces. i actually go like 20 onces, unless you like that thickness.

doug
I think the reason for my amazement at it is I had down 30g Egg White Protein and 30g of MPI and it was decently thick but still goo d in 10oz of water.

Another note about the MPI... I am still stuffed about 2hrs later... great satiety especially for cutting!

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
yea, if people like it I def wanna try it, i would think it'd be weird if it's not fizzy though

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
wondering about this one too!
if you want my unbiased feedback the root beer is gross, i probably shouldn't say that, i just am not a fan. we have our chemist reworking it, but i think somethings just need to stay as a soda, though to each their own i guess, some seem to love it.

doug

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
if you want my unbiased feedback the root beer is gross, i probably shouldn't say that, i just am not a fan. we have our chemist reworking it, but i think somethings just need to stay as a soda, though to each their own i guess, some seem to love it.

doug
lol, this is awesome to see true unbiased feedback

glsa17

Awards
  • Established

doug
Thank you very much.
I appreciate it.
I will try another flavor.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you a oatmeal fan? Any chance you can try some Strawberries and cream with it? ( Or I'm not sure if the cream tastes anything like vanilla... I'm a fan of vanilla oatmeal + strawberries so that would be a perfect flavour for me). Or maybe just the choc. fudge.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
believe it or not, we never get orders for say 1-5lbs of Root Beer, it literally comes in 25lb+ orders, so someone out there seems to love it

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
believe it or not, we never get orders for say 1-5lbs of Root Beer, it literally comes in 25lb+ orders, so someone out there seems to love it
wow. you would really have to love it to order that much.

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
Hey guys... I'm outta commission for a few days... uber sick... so I apologize for those looking forward to more tests... I'm gonna put it off for a few days to ensure my taste buds are tasting appropriately.

dvsness

dvsness

Awards
Root beer + Vanilla could be a float flavor. Mmmmm.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
heck i'll try it, sounds good enough to me, the new flavors should be in this week finally, we're very excited

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
said he was sick a month ago, how are things going Moose you still with us??

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AnonyMoose Recipes 8
AnonyMoose Supplement Logs 36
mrmoose63 Weight Loss 13