rkieltyk's True Protein Sample Reviews

rkieltyk

Awards
Alright guys, I just received my samples and my t-shirt (which kicks ass by the way) and will post up my reviews of the new flavors as soon as I try them.

:drunk:

By the way I've had the following protein flavors before and will use them to compare:

AI PB/Choc
didn't like it in water, tasted good in milk, mixing was subpar

AI Strawberry
It was okay. Nothing too special

Iron-Tek Cookies and Cream
Horrible clumping, tasted pretty bland

MuscleTech Nitro-Tech
Haha, first protein I ever had. Don't remember it mixing well and the taste was eh. I've felt this about most casein proteins though

Muscle Milk Chocolate, Cookies and Cream
My favorite tasting protein, doesn't mix as well as some (if youre not using a blender). Good in oatmeal.

Optimum Nutrition Extreme Milk Chocolate
My favorite in water (besides muscle milk) and tastes pretty good in milk as well. Not very good in oatmeal. Mixes well

Optimum Nutrition Rocky Road
This protein ranks around ON's cookies and cream, its good somedays, others its pretty disgusting.

Optimum Nutrition Cookies and Cream
Good in oatmeal. Not good in water. Okay in milk

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try some in oatmeal if possible :) I'm looking to buy some protein powder to throw in oatmeal and looking for flavour suggestions. Up here in Canada there's 5lbs of Classic ON on sale for $27 cdn that expires tonight and am looking around before I order a jug or two.

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
Try some in oatmeal if possible :) I'm looking to buy some protein powder to throw in oatmeal and looking for flavour suggestions. Up here in Canada there's 5lbs of Classic ON on sale for $27 cdn that expires tonight and am looking around before I order a jug or two.
this probably isn't the best thing for business lol, but damn that is a good price, especially in CDN currency, hell i would jump on it. (don't tell dante i said that)

doug

rkieltyk

Awards
Mocha

Mixibility (i'm using a water bottle and my shaking): Good, same range as ON, a little more foam on top than usual.

Taste (in 8 oz of water): Ehh, this one was not so great. I don't usually drink coffee so this might influence it a little bit. The flavor also seemed watered down even though I was using 8 oz. It tasted like a strange root beer to me.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I might jump on it because I like ON's stuff, but this is the classic version and it's of lower blend quality I think. But yea for the price it can't be beat really

rkieltyk

Awards
Banana

THE FOLLOWING TAKES PLACE ON TOP OF OATMEAL
1 scoop banana
.75c oatmeal
Splenda (normal amt I use for other powders)

First off, the banana smells pretty damn good. Put it in warm oatmeal and it smells even better.

The taste was terrific. I really like this flavor in oatmeal as it just seems to hit the spot. I feel like im eating some sort of banana bread cookie dough.. So, two thumbs up for this flavor TP. I plan on buying some of this once i make my rounds again.

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
yeah, like i said earlier, the mocha i can't stand, but again, there are some flavors that some either love or hate, it's weird like that.

yeah the banana is very good, we actually are going to be launching banana, banana cream and probably chocolate banana as well.

doug

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
I might jump on it because I like ON's stuff, but this is the classic version and it's of lower blend quality I think. But yea for the price it can't be beat really
before tp.com years ago, all i used was ON, it worked for me. a bit too strong with flavors, but i guess that is just me though. i am not sure what the differences between their "classic" and "gold standard" is anymore, just check the macros on the nutrition label to make sure they are up to par and the rest should be good to go.

d

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Mocha

Mixibility (i'm using a water bottle and my shaking): Good, same range as ON, a little more foam on top than usual.

Taste (in 8 oz of water): Ehh, this one was not so great. I don't usually drink coffee so this might influence it a little bit. The flavor also seemed watered down even though I was using 8 oz. It tasted like a strange root beer to me.
Im really not a fan of coffee in general, so my opinion is biased as well, interested to see what coffee fans think as well, cant wait to hear about the rest

rkieltyk

Awards
Blackberry

Mixed 2 scoops in 14 oz of water. Tasted good, haven't had a "fruity" protein shake in awhile so it was a definite change. I think this would taste pretty good in milk..

PS I gave my suitemate the mocha (he likes coffee) and he agreed that it tasted watered down and not so great

rkieltyk

Awards
Lemon/Lime

2 scoops in ~14 oz water

Mixed well, though I'm still getting a decent amount of foam in this mix as well as with the others. The color of the liquid after I mixed it looked pretty weird (light green, i associate it with the poison stuff from teenage mutant ninja turtles). The taste was alright, I would rank it slightly below blackberry. I just don't see myself drinking a lemon/lime mixture after I workout. I'm sure this would mix good with gatorade for those who drink the lemon/lime version..

rkieltyk

Awards
Lemon

Not very good IMO. the lemon/lime i had before probably set me up for a general dislike of this flavor. It mixed as well as the others (very good) except it suffered from the same problem all of them had, which was the foaming.

Overall, my top two flavors would definetly be banana and blackberry. I plan on purchasing some banana protein or at least the flavoring in the near future.