Possible Promotions

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I know from experience that everyone loves the Waxy Maize special, but this time around I am interested in hearing what other kinds of specials you would like to see TP offer, I have listed a few ideas below but please post anything else you are interested in!

-Free Tshirts
-Free Shaker Cups
-1lb free product per X $'s
-Free upgrades on flavoring
-Free jugging
-Free shipping (remember, just an idea for now!)
-Free samples of protein

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i like the free samples idea, especially with all these new flavors i keep hearing about

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
I'm all about free clothes, so gonna have to say t-shirts. :D

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
if there is one thing we have plenty of it is free tshirts, we should be getting some more flavor samples going soon too, thanks for the input guys!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is the only thing that would get me to buy any protein from any company. I don't want clothes, shaker bottles, flavorings or single serving samples (of something I am never going to buy) when I buy protein. I am also not into fancy or premium blends. I just will not pay an additional 25% or more to ship a $27 bag of Whey Protein Concentrate that I can literally walk up the street to get for the same price.

Just my $0.02, FWIW. :)

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
definitely noted, we would love to be able to give out free shipping for every order but we would be out of business! I believe we might be able to do this on large orders, but it is the small packages that amount to the most initial shipping charges. We will look at the numbers and see if it is feasible though, thanks for the input!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
This is the only thing that would get me to buy any protein from any company. I don't want clothes, shaker bottles, flavorings or single serving samples (of something I am never going to buy) when I buy protein. I am also not into fancy or premium blends. I just will not pay an additional 25% or more to ship a $27 bag of Whey Protein Concentrate that I can literally walk up the street to get for the same price.

Just my $0.02, FWIW. :)
I agree it's hard when I can run down the street and get a 5lb jug for $25 at costco. You guys really need to get a strategy to get some of the lost sheep back.

Aeternitatis

Aeternitatis

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I like the free shipping thing. How about something like free shipping on orders over $75 or $100 ?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
that is essentially what we would be looking at doing, sounds like it is getting a good response!

mrmoose63

mrmoose63

Awards
I would really enjoy sampling a protein mix. So say for $2 you could get 3 different 60gram samples of any type of protein or mix with any type of flavor. This way for $10 I could sample 15 different combinations of protein/flavoring/sweeteners.

Or you could offer a flavor testing mix where instead of getting 50gram flavor packs you could get 10 - 5gram flavor packs, paired with 1lb of protein this would be perfect for those who aren't sure about what flavor they'll really like.

I also like the free shipping idea, although I would never buy enough protein at once to cover the minimum.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I would really enjoy sampling a protein mix. So say for $2 you could get 3 different 60gram samples of any type of protein or mix with any type of flavor. This way for $10 I could sample 15 different combinations of protein/flavoring/sweeteners.

Or you could offer a flavor testing mix where instead of getting 50gram flavor packs you could get 10 - 5gram flavor packs, paired with 1lb of protein this would be perfect for those who aren't sure about what flavor they'll really like.

I also like the free shipping idea, although I would never buy enough protein at once to cover the minimum.
Those sample ideas are really good, we have always wanted to offer sample packs like that but we were not sure if people were interested so I will look into that for sure!

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the samples post...that's a great idea.

Bloute

Awards
I like the free shipping idea or at least reduce shipping for Canada.

Free whey with a big order is nice also. I would order all my bulk supps together.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I like the free shipping thing. How about something like free shipping on orders over $75 or $100 ?
Yes, great idea. I pretty much only buy at least 10lbs at a time which comes to at least $100.

I'm also into the t-shirt idea, I always need clothes to wear to the gym.

dvsness

dvsness

Awards
I like the idea of flavor samples or free shipping on larger orders. I always get screwed on tshirts because they tend to be men's XL.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I like the free shipping idea too, any sizable order I looked at getting was like 15 dollars or more to ship :(

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I like the idea of flavor samples or free shipping on larger orders. I always get screwed on tshirts because they tend to be men's XL.
Dante wants to expand the clothing line dramatically, so I will be sure to mention that we need to get in feminine sizes as well, but we should have some skull caps and sweaters coming soonish

dvsness

dvsness

Awards
Dante wants to expand the clothing line dramatically, so I will be sure to mention that we need to get in feminine sizes as well, but we should have some skull caps and sweaters coming soonish
Right on. I would pimp a TP tank at the gym.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The samples idea sounds really great. If you do free shipping on orders over say $75 or so, I would probably want to stock up but might not b/c having not ordered from TP I don't know the flavours and wouldn't want 15lbs of something I didn't like. Maybe have some flavour sample deals first before the free shipping offer? ( Or do both? :) )

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
The samples idea sounds really great. If you do free shipping on orders over say $75 or so, I would probably want to stock up but might not b/c having not ordered from TP I don't know the flavours and wouldn't want 15lbs of something I didn't like. Maybe have some flavour sample deals first before the free shipping offer? ( Or do both? :) )
we are working on getting a sample pack option together, where it is like 50g of each flavor mixed with an isolate. we are just waiting to expand our premium flavors just a bit more with our 100% natural line and some new flavors.

as for the shipping, hell with the price of gas and the world climate right now for oil, it is close to impossible. this is when i wish our products were just like caps or something lighter, the problem is when someone orders over 75 - 100.00 worth of product, it usually is an extremely heavy package, which costs a ton. trust me when i say, we lose money with shipping on every package. shipping to canada alone for the brokering fees is enough to make your head spin. we are working with a few new shipping partners though in hopes to give you guys more options and keep costs down.

but something for all you to realize, many products that are sold, hell and it doesn't have to be supplements, you may see free shipping or shipping for 4.99, etc. but trust me when i say if you don't pay for shipping cost on the exterior you still pay for it with higher priced products, just something to think about. we try our best to keep our product costs as low as possible, before shipping costs are incorporated, instead of the other way around.

doug

knightowl

Awards
samples /tshirts would be great . I also like -1lb free product per X $'s ..

dwb

Awards
I know from experience that everyone loves the Waxy Maize special, but this time around I am interested in hearing what other kinds of specials you would like to see TP offer, I have listed a few ideas below but please post anything else you are interested in!

-Free Tshirts
-Free Shaker Cups
-1lb free product per X $'s
-Free upgrades on flavoring
-Free jugging
-Free samples of protein
i think free t-shirts and free samples work great :food:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I would say protein samples and a shaker cup (can't have enough of those).

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
but something for all you to realize, many products that are sold, hell and it doesn't have to be supplements, you may see free shipping or shipping for 4.99, etc. but trust me when i say if you don't pay for shipping cost on the exterior you still pay for it with higher priced products, just something to think about.
doug
Oh how I have learned. I love the options you provide and the service is great. Sure, I don't love the cost of shipping, but that is not your fault. I do like the idea of free lbs based on order size or order history. Especially since I have begun brokering for you guys. I set up mixes for friends and place the order. They were amazed at the price and possibilities. One paid $50 for 2 lbs of Max Muscle protein (mostly whey concentrate). Fixed her up with a bedtime formula and multi-purpose.

bodybuilder8806

Awards
Promos

Are there any free shipping or promotions in general in the making? I agree the shipping charges are pretty high, and would be interested in near future promotions before I order more protein.

bmw71285

Awards
Any updates on shipping prices at all? This is the only thing stopping me from ordering from here all the time. I understand what you were saying before about the cost of gas and such, just wondering if anything is in the works?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys and gals, we actually just finished negotiations with UPS and the shipping rates have been greatly reduced, they are in effect, and if that wasnt good enough, we will be launching our new promotion at the end of the day! Keep and eye out for the new thread

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys and gals, we actually just finished negotiations with UPS and the shipping rates have been greatly reduced, they are in effect, and if that wasnt good enough, we will be launching our new promotion at the end of the day! Keep and eye out for the new thread
:dance: Great news :)

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
this is too funny... i was waiting for the promotion but got impatient and ordered wednesday. i guess its true what they say: patience is a virtue:eek:

oh well, good to know for next time

dvsness

dvsness

Awards
Nice to hear. Hopefully it's a per zone decrease. :eek:

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
definitely per zone, very good rates from what i saw