hemp protein

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
What are the benefits of hemp protein? Would a small % mix well with a WPI/CMDI mixture? A little nutty flavor sounds good.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
What are the benefits of hemp protein? Would a small % mix well with a WPI/CMDI mixture? A little nutty flavor sounds good.
if its not completely in an isolated form, it should add some EFA's (omega 3's and 6's i believe) and some fiber.

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
if its not completely in an isolated form, it should add some EFA's (omega 3's and 6's i believe) and some fiber.
yeah it is only about 50% protein per total mass, but the fiber and EFA's in this powder are awesome. i have been mixing it more and more within my diet about 1-2 times per day. it's a great powder, it doesn't really dissolve but does suspend, but the taste is really good. tough to describe really, almost like ground up almonds. i know the powder color was a bit to get accustomed to as it is a dark/bright greenish color.

i would say if you never have used it, order a lb or 2 seperate to see how you like it, then work it into a mix.

doug

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
yeah it is only about 50% protein per total mass, but the fiber and EFA's in this powder are awesome. i have been mixing it more and more within my diet about 1-2 times per day. it's a great powder, it doesn't really dissolve but does suspend, but the taste is really good. tough to describe really, almost like ground up almonds. i know the powder color was a bit to get accustomed to as it is a dark/bright greenish color.

i would say if you never have used it, order a lb or 2 seperate to see how you like it, then work it into a mix.

doug
not a bad idea. i may look into it and place an order. do you know how quickly this protein source is absorbed. fast, medium, slow?

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
not a bad idea. i may look into it and place an order. do you know how quickly this protein source is absorbed. fast, medium, slow?
i would say inbetween because of the fat and fiber that naturally slows down digestion and then absorption.

doug

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
What are you mixing it with and what % of that?

doug

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
lately i have been mixing it with some protein pudding we are developing right now (don't get too excited about this one for right now guys, it will be a few months before we get the pudding down pat and start offering it), as well i am mixing it with casein type protein in shakes and have experimented with it in my oatmeal, it's pretty good. it is slightly gritty, but taste is not an issue with this product. i am mainly using it for it's fat and fiber properties but the protein is a plus.

we are hoping they come out with a more isolated version of hemp protein, but for now 50% is pretty much what is in the market, i have tested a 70%, but it still needs some work.

doug

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
I like Hemp protein mixed 50/% with whey,or egg It adds good fat and fiber to a Quick meal.:food: :food: