Milk Protein Isolate vs Complete Milk Dairy Isolate

alphawave

Awards
Please explain the difference between these. Which one is the true MPI and which one is made by combining whey and casein? Do they both have micellar casein? Which one is better? Thanx.

deadlifter25

Awards
Im not totally sure what the difference is, but they both have whey and casein. I believe the ratio is 80/20 casein/whey, but they are naturally that way, neither is "made" by combining the 2. But i would also like to know the difference really...what makes the CMI worth something like $2 more a lb.?

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
i will have to give a more round about answer as i could write on and on for something way too long in a post, in the future it is something i will be writing about in more depth as this question has come up many times before.

i will give a quick synopsis of the differences though. overall, they are both very similar proteins, yes they are both naturally consisting of 80% casein and 20% whey, but the CMDI goes a bit further. it is processed in a much less harsh environment which yields a much less "processed" and undenatured protein powder. this gentler processed CMDI retains many of it's natural protein fractions and subfractions.

many of you may have been hearing of these as of late, they are the lactoferrin's, the immunoglobulins, etc. they may not seem like a big deal but these fractions and components that are often left out of many protein powders have a wide variety of uses. lactoferrin in particular has many protective values of the immune system (anti-inflamatory, anti-microbial, anti-viral, anti-tumor), studies have even shown inhibitory effects against HIV and cancer. and with most of us training heavy, the extra effects of cortisol blocking and added growth factors are always a plus.

i know some to offset the cost use a mix of 50/50 MPI and CMDI if they are looking for a good all around milk based casein/whey.

thanks,
doug

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
I'm really looking foward to trying CMDI, I'm going to mix mine with something like %35 EW though.

deadlifter25

Awards
Im wondering how long it takes to see benefits from using CMDI instead of MPI...? Are we talking something like months and months of use before all those lactoferrins and immunogloblins do their thing? I wish you had samples or something...im just trying to justify the $2+ more a pound, and i know your write up on your site said it was the smoothest tasting casein and that alone might make it worth it

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
so many choices to do a custom mix, i'm sorta overwhelmed ^_^
Will fiber be an option in the future?

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
Im wondering how long it takes to see benefits from using CMDI instead of MPI...? Are we talking something like months and months of use before all those lactoferrins and immunogloblins do their thing? I wish you had samples or something...im just trying to justify the $2+ more a pound, and i know your write up on your site said it was the smoothest tasting casein and that alone might make it worth it
as for timing, i don't think it is something that is instant. it is kind of like taking vit/min it isn't something you see, it is the consistancy of taking them that causes this prevention.

as for taste, i would say it is very similar to MPI though some have said it may have a stronger taste. i usually take it with our chocolate or vanilla, so they cover any taste really, so it is tough to tell.

thanks,
doug

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
so many choices to do a custom mix, i'm sorta overwhelmed ^_^
Will fiber be an option in the future?
it can be overwhelming but we are always here to help or give pointers, just post it or shoot us an email.

we are also about to offer a few fiber options coming up shortly, sorry for the wait.

doug

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
I've been using vpx zero impact and iron-tek micell edge, so I'm going to try and create a similiar blend but with egg protein as well. I use it as a pre workout drink and I feel it's working for me.

Any ideas for custom mix? :)

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
MPI is too thick for my taste, CMDI is almost too easy to drink, I find it much thinner and enjoyable. That alone justifies the price difference to me.