Shipping options:

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
I know ive chatted with Carl about this. Any chance u guys might consider other options other then UPS? it sucks living east coast and taking 7 days for goodies to arrive :(

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
we can offer any option to you guys if you would like to set up the order manually, just call or email. but USPS is pretty much useless unless your package is under a lb. then it is very expensive and UPS 3rd day or 2nd day is just as economical at that point.

we have tried DHL in the past and saved our customers about 10%, but ended up killing our business. i have never seen so many complaints in my life. 90% of the time there were 1-2 days later than they would say. the customer would be so pissed off at us, when they would track their package and end up staying home that day from work to receive it only for DHL to deliver a day or 2 later. we dropped them a month into using them. we tried fed ex, but costs were about on par with UPS and we thought UPS is just more reliable

as for orders outside of the US 48 states, we offer USPS surface and air service.

and in canada, and we have never seen any other US domestic supplement company do this. WE PAY ALL, YES ALL, DUTIES, TAXES, BROKERAGE FEES AND BORDER FEES. we still have some reluctancy from our canadian customers using tpcanada.com because they think they are going to get stuck with a tax/brokerage bill when the package arrives. but again, we pay for all of that before the package even hits the border. not to mention we have 3 border ports we do mass deliveries to canada with, hence why so many of our canadian customers receive packages faster than if they were to order within canada. we once had a facility in winnipeg, but closed it down as we worked with UPS for months in helping us do what we do to get our packages to canada as fast as we can, as well have a customs broker in house that speeds up our shipping times even faster.

we have noticed after the new year, UPS has greatly raised their rates. it is one of those things we can't really regulate, it is completely out of our hands. we don't make a dime when it comes to shipping, actually we end up losing money on each package sent. if you guys have better options or would like something specially set up, don't hesitate to ask, we are always open to new thoughts or ideas.

thanks,
doug

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
I think a lot of people are put off by the cost of shipping because they are used to regular supp orders which usually only weigh a couple lbs. I don't think everyone takes into account how much these orders weigh and the impact that has on shipping cost. I'm sure some people get close to paying freight prices.

What you guys should have (if you don't already) is a color coded map with estimated shipping times to different parts of the country. For me, I know standard shipping takes a week so I know when it's time to place an order.

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
yeah, i would love it if our supplements were just a few bottles of capsules, shipping would be so cheap. but the problem is most of our orders are usually in the range of 15-50lbs, that kind of weight just costs a lot more. i will say though, the heavier an order is, the cheaper the shipping is per lb. i know many of our repeat customers order 20-30lbs at once and order every 2 months or so and save a ton on shipping.

doug

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
I love buying 30+lbs at a time. It's expensive up front, but then you don't have to worry about protein powder for months. In fact I think I'm due for a big order soon...

dvsness

dvsness

Awards
we have noticed after the new year, UPS has greatly raised their rates. it is one of those things we can't really regulate, it is completely out of our hands. we don't make a dime when it comes to shipping, actually we end up losing money on each package sent. if you guys have better options or would like something specially set up, don't hesitate to ask, we are always open to new thoughts or ideas.

thanks,
doug
You absolutely can regulate how much you allow them to raise your rates. What kind of contract do you have with them? I work in publishing and they are one of my shippers - we have much better per pound and hundredweight rates. We should talk. ;)

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We are actually in negotiations with Fed Ex now as well, and we should have the new options available in the coming weeks. The rates should be significantly lower than what UPS is currently quoting us, so keep your eyes peeled!

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
We are actually in negotiations with Fed Ex now as well, and we should have the new options available in the coming weeks. The rates should be significantly lower than what UPS is currently quoting us, so keep your eyes peeled!
Glad to hear it, I'm about so get 20lbs of ****:head:

dvsness

dvsness

Awards
Badass. We are definitely getting screwed on the East Coast as of now. Hurry up!

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
that sucks about dhl. DHL has always been good to me and are very fast. what about oversea's Like Osan AB in korea?

jeglinas

jeglinas

Awards
Can't wait fed-ex seems faster...

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had great experiences with DHL in the past too ,but who knows maybe it was because it was for Apple which is a big customer.
Would the talks with Fedex lower rates for shipping to Canada too, or is most of the cost brokerage/duties?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Our canadian customers incur $0 of the duties and brokerage charges, we pay them all up front. It may be a little longer before we are able to switch our international shipping to Fed Ex as well, because we send joint shipments so that we are able to cover the fees as one unit. We are looking into every possible option to save everyone as much as possible though!

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
Bloody UPS. Last time I got 16 lbs whey + 500g creatine and it was $11.70 to ship. Now 16 lbs whey is $28 shipping! I just ordered only 5 lbs whey and the shipping is $15.20. Sorry guys but this is really sucking, making it not as economical compared to buying locally.

EDIT: I'm talking about shipping to Canada btw.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I will reproach the rep with UPS, we are still finishing negotiations to create a new shipping method and dramatically lower rates, they should be finished in the coming weeks

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
I will reproach the rep with UPS, we are still finishing negotiations to create a new shipping method and dramatically lower rates, they should be finished in the coming weeks
i hope this happens but i would think shipping costs would increase if anything due to ridiculous gas prices

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
i hope this happens but i would think shipping costs would increase if anything due to ridiculous gas prices
It should probably increase but a 2.5x increase isn't reasonable by UPS.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It should probably increase but a 2.5x increase isn't reasonable by UPS.
We completely agree, which is why we began approaching other companies, but with the new shipping method UPS is proposing the rates should return to close to what they had been previously

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
We completely agree, which is why we began approaching other companies, but with the new shipping method UPS is proposing the rates should return to close to what they had been previously
I hope so. Thanks for the info.

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely, we are fighting for you guys!
any other international shipping option than USPS! i would really make some 20 lbs orders from tp but with usps it ll be kept customs fo sure it ll be great with fedex insternational never had to pay any taxes!

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately the cost of shipping using UPS International would not be worth it, as our customers would have to pay a brokerage fee which can run over $200, so USPS is the best possible option we current offer

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:woohoo: Sorry for bragging . . . . I live just North of TP and get my UPS the day after ordering

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
hey cnizz i wnated to make 50 lbs order i had 3 shipping optionst with same name like usps priority mail 100$
usps priority mail 78$
usps priority mail 78 $
i didnt get it do u offer the EMS! also if i ask to lower the custom delaration ll that be possible thanks!

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The Internet Technician here has been trying to fix the shipping rates, I just received an email from him this morning stating that the international shipping should be corrected now. We are currently unable to modify any invoices for international shipments as to avoid any difficulties with customs, thanks!

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
Any updates on cheaper shipping to Canada?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The only thing that I have heard is that the UPS Canada rep was in here within the week, and he went over the previous rates with this last months rates to show us that there has in fact been a significant aggregate decrease in price, however the number was a monthly figure so that could literally only be nickels and dimes off of each order. From what we have put together though, we still stand firmly behind the belief that we offer the most efficient and cost-effective shipping from the states to Canada