Favorite True Protein Blends?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
What's everyone's personal favorite blends from True Protein?

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
as of late i have been using just a straight up 50/50 blend of egg white and micellar. trying to see how my body reacts with less whey products.

doug

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
I may just give that a try. I'm looking to see how I respond to less Whey as well. I'm going to make a large order, so I want to get some ideas before I order.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
im not familiar with true protein. do u sell any samples? i like to know what someting taste like before i ingest it. there are alot of proteins out there that taste like ass

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
Each type of protein has a write up and there is a description of the taste. Of all the kinds I've used taste hasn't been an issue. I've gotten a lot of plain unflavored and even they have been fine. If you add flavoring they should be all good.

As far as favorite blends? I don't really have a "favorite" I've been trying some different stuff each time I order. Right now I've got the before bed formula...
30% Whey Protein Isolate Microfiltration
20% Calcium Caseinate
20% Micellar Casein
15% Milk Protein Isolate
10% Egg White Protein
5% Hydrolyzed Casein

My next order is going to be...
For post workout
75% waxy maize
15% bcaa
10% leucine

and for a anytime protein...

65% complete dairy isolate
35% egg white protein

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
im not familiar with true protein. do u sell any samples? i like to know what someting taste like before i ingest it. there are alot of proteins out there that taste like ass
yeah, if you have an idea of what you want, shoot us an email or just leave a post and one of us can tell you generally how it will taste. as well, if taste is of the utmost importance stay away from the free flavors, i am not saying they are bad tasting, but the bsl flavors and our premium flavors taste 10 times better.

doug

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
yeah, if you have an idea of what you want, shoot us an email or just leave a post and one of us can tell you generally how it will taste. as well, if taste is of the utmost importance stay away from the free flavors, i am not saying they are bad tasting, but the bsl flavors and our premium flavors taste 10 times better.

doug
Exactly what I was going to say.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established

doug
Aww good. I kinda stopped ordering from TPC because all they had were the free flavors at the time. Glad to see this has changed. I think I remember speaking to you on the phone Doug..you guys kept running out of the Banana flavor :p

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My bedtime formula is:
35% Calcium Caseinate
35% Com Milk Dairy
20% Miccellar Casein
5% Glut Pep
5% Taurine

Lookin at mixing a postworkout after I finish ALRI Regeneration and possibly a morning formula. Anyone using Cell Swell Matrix?

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
Aww good. I kinda stopped ordering from TPC because all they had were the free flavors at the time. Glad to see this has changed. I think I remember speaking to you on the phone Doug..you guys kept running out of the Banana flavor :p
haha, yep i remember. but it is all good we are fully stocked now... actually we are working on 3 new banana blended premium flavors, we are close on them and our testers are loving this stuff.

doug

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ive just been using the Whey Isolates with a little EW for meal replacement, the isolates mix so smoothly its like chocolate milk.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
Pre-bed I love using 100% MPI or 80/20 MPI/EWP. I can even take it with the free vanilla. :)

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
Pre-bed I love using 100% MPI or 80/20 MPI/EWP. I can even take it with the free vanilla. :)
i would say besides our whey's in general. 100% mpi is our next best selling protein. it gives a great bang for your buck, naturally consisting of 80% micellar and 20% whey, you can't go wrong...

doug

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
as of late i have been using just a straight up 50/50 blend of egg white and micellar. trying to see how my body reacts with less whey products.

doug
how do you like it? i was thinking of something similar.

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
i love it, honestly this isn't probably the best thing to say for business, but i am pretty much done with whey protein, though i still use hydrolyzed whey from time to time and lately have been experimenting with quite a few that are being developed at the momment that are pretty exciting. more to come on that, but we still need to do our testing on them. overall from a wpc and wpi standpoint, even though they mix awesome and taste amazing, i just like my results from casein and egg whites better.

actually i am thinking about going in a few months on straight egg white just to try it out. more and more i am thinking egg white protein powder (hell, egg whites for that matter) have been forgotten and passed off. i really believe that for an all around great powder, egg white is one of the best. i think many people just view it as old technology or something that has been around for awhile. sometimes those tried and true products are always the best.

doug

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
i just like my results from casein and egg whites better.
actually i am thinking about going in a few months on straight egg white just to try it out. more and more i am thinking egg white protein powder (hell, egg whites for that matter) have been forgotten and passed off. i really believe that for an all around great powder, egg white is one of the best.
doug
I get better results using liquid eggs whites then with whey myself. Just curious are you guys still using the same egg whites as you did Hmmm 2 years ago? Just wondering because I wouldn't mind giving them another go but last time they gave me really bad gas (sulfur) :p And I can drink whole cartons of the liquid stuff and be fine.

tpc

Co-Owner of True Protein
Awards
I get better results using liquid eggs whites then with whey myself. Just curious are you guys still using the same egg whites as you did Hmmm 2 years ago? Just wondering because I wouldn't mind giving them another go but last time they gave me really bad gas (sulfur) :p And I can drink whole cartons of the liquid stuff and be fine.
haha... yeah egg white protein powder i have found (and from a ton of feedback) needs to be brought on fairly slowly to the body. i have had the same issue, when i tried to jump right into a 50-100g shake, i would just about blast off, lol. start slow or use it 25-50% in a mix just to get your body used to it for a few weeks, then you should be good to go. though i know some that have no issues with it right from the get go.

doug

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
i love it, honestly this isn't probably the best thing to say for business, but i am pretty much done with whey protein, though i still use hydrolyzed whey from time to time and lately have been experimenting with quite a few that are being developed at the momment that are pretty exciting. more to come on that, but we still need to do our testing on them. overall from a wpc and wpi standpoint, even though they mix awesome and taste amazing, i just like my results from casein and egg whites better.

actually i am thinking about going in a few months on straight egg white just to try it out. more and more i am thinking egg white protein powder (hell, egg whites for that matter) have been forgotten and passed off. i really believe that for an all around great powder, egg white is one of the best. i think many people just view it as old technology or something that has been around for awhile. sometimes those tried and true products are always the best.

doug
I agree about eggs and egg whites.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I agree about eggs and egg whites.
FYI, 90% of my Casein Pro intake is with liquid egg white if I have it on hand. It has worked great. 1 Scoop CP to 8 oz. White... makes a perfect 3-Stage meal replacement with Tre/Oats.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Post Workout
40%WPH
60%WPI

Pre-Bed
70%Micellar Casien
30%MPI

myname

Banned
Awards
My favorite blend has at least 50% micellar casein every time. Casein is always my foundation beacuse no matter what anyone says, casein is superior to whey and science proves it and many great minds will agree.

My blend...keep it simple and functional

50% micellar casein

30% ion exchange whey

20% egg white

Good for any occasion a shake is needed...Yes, even PWO.

dvsness

dvsness

Awards
My last order was a custom bcaa mix - sweet and simple:

70% bcaa
15% glutamine peptides
15% citrulline malate
Premium OJ flavoring

I love it! TP is great. :thumbsup:

BeachPimp

BeachPimp

Banned
Awards
A blendd of micellar casein and Ion exchange whey for me.

This is what all current research backs up right now. A combo of both is >>>> that one over the other

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
y, I love dvsness . . . . I think. Well at least I love her avatar. Keep it up, you look PHENOMENAL!!!!

Please stop posting, it drives me crazy!!!

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
i love TP so i thought id throw my mixes out there and maybe you guys can give me some feedback...

before bed protein:
50% calcium caseinate
25% milk protein isolate
25% whey protein concentrate

i tried to go with something on the cheap side (college student) but still get a slow release. i figured mixing the whey with caseins would slow the absorbtion of the whey a bit... input on this?

also i was wondering about the quality of calcium caseinate vs milk protein isolate... would i be better off switching up those ratios a bit?

BCAA mix (20 g while i lift)
75% BCAA
10% extra leucine
10% acetyl l-carnitine
5% tyrosine

post workout carb mix (i've been mixing 60g of this with 30g ON 100% whey)
45% maltodextrine
25% dextrose
30% waxy maize starch

^i didnt think there was too big of a difference between WMS and the dex/malto so i used less of the WMS to keep it cheaper