Whey Concentrate Taste

Mattcc22

Mattcc22

Awards
I have used the All The Whey Blend protein for quite a while now, so on my last order I decided to switch it up and try True Protein. I just went with straight concentrate because of price and added the protease enzyme for better digestion. I ordered 4 flavors (DB Choc, French Van, Peach, & PB) and all of them have a chemical taste to them. I don't know how else to describe it. Has anyone else experienced this? It couldn't be the added enzymes could it?

dropshot001

Awards
did you get the free flavors of the premium flavors? with the free flavors, you get what you pay for so if you didn't like the taste that is probably why. try getting a few flavor packs and seeing how that goes for you in terms of taste.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
well i didnt get the premium flavor but the str8 unsweetened free ones tasted pretty bad...im gonna put in an order for a pound of the premium to see how big a difference it is

dropshot001

Awards
well i didnt get the premium flavor but the str8 unsweetened free ones tasted pretty bad...im gonna put in an order for a pound of the premium to see how big a difference it is
its a big difference.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
any recommendations?

NovaZ

Awards
Ive never had the chemical taste problem the OP has. But then again Ive never gotten the enzyme addition, so its definitely possible that could be it.

GoHardOrGoHome in terms of premium flavor recommendations I like the Forbidden Fruit Punch. You can mix it with anything and it goes well. I know quite a few people who like the double fudge (not exact name Im not looking at the list now) flavor also. Im not big on chocolate so I usually go with the fruit based flavors and have never been disappointed with any of the premium flavors.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
the free flavors are not good at all but if you do get the prmium flavors you will be much happier truest me I have been wit TP for some time now and I too learned the hard way

Premium is great