Pre/post workout shake???

350zTT

350zTT

Awards
  • Established
How does this look for a pre & post workout shake?

Beef protein 15%
wpi microfilteres 10%
wpi ultra filtered 45%
peptopro 30%

I wanted to add some more hydrolyzed protein but there is a ton of sodium in those! I had a mix going that had like 250mg of sodium! Way too much for my liking! This one has around 50! Thought about bumping up the beef protein sum more but that's about 15mg of sodium per 5% ! I'm using carnivor which is just hydro beef protein which I'm liking but have heard great things about yall so wanted to try ya out! Thanks for the help

dropshot001

Awards
How does this look for a pre & post workout shake?

Beef protein 15%
wpi microfilteres 10%
wpi ultra filtered 45%
peptopro 30%

I wanted to add some more hydrolyzed protein but there is a ton of sodium in those! I had a mix going that had like 250mg of sodium! Way too much for my liking! This one has around 50! Thought about bumping up the beef protein sum more but that's about 15mg of sodium per 5% ! I'm using carnivor which is just hydro beef protein which I'm liking but have heard great things about yall so wanted to try ya out! Thanks for the help
why use a slow acting protein like beef iso for a pre/post wo shake? and no carbs of any sort in there either?

350zTT

350zTT

Awards
  • Established
Wanted to use a mix of fast/slow proteins so I would get the slow release of amino's while I workout. Also, no pre/post workout carbs because I have been reading rob faigin's book "natural hormonal enhancment" and it has been scientifically proven that pre/post workout carbs blunt the release of GH after a workout. Therefore I am using straight protein with a few tablespoons of whipping cream and olive oil.

dropshot001

Awards
Wanted to use a mix of fast/slow proteins so I would get the slow release of amino's while I workout. Also, no pre/post workout carbs because I have been reading rob faigin's book "natural hormonal enhancment" and it has been scientifically proven that pre/post workout carbs blunt the release of GH after a workout. Therefore I am using straight protein with a few tablespoons of whipping cream and olive oil.
that makes sense. most will put carbs in it to get the insulin spike around the workout seeing as this is when your body is in the "sponge" like state and will absorb nutrients very well. also the carbs will help to replenish the muscle glycogen. it is your call.

and to make it work better, use code DKT737 :)