Glycerol vs. Glycerol MonoStearate

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Are these similar products, just one is liquid while the other is powder?

I did buy some GMS, whats the recommended dosage?:1zhelp:

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
bump for TrueProtein help

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
The liquid is better, but a little more inconvenient and dangerous. Never drink straight.

Glycergrow by Controlled Labs looks like it has 6 grams of GMS. (GMS is a saturated fat, there's 6 grams of saturated fats in their formula, and that's the only source of fats in it. lol. Do you really need to put that into a propietary blend with taurine?)

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The liquid is better, but a little more inconvenient and dangerous. Never drink straight.

Glycergrow by Controlled Labs looks like it has 6 grams of GMS. (GMS is a saturated fat, there's 6 grams of saturated fats in their formula, and that's the only source of fats in it. lol. Do you really need to put that into a propietary blend with taurine?)
Thanks Sinner . . . I will have to look into this a bit more. Is the liquid something that I can add to LG Anadraulic State? I have been using that pre-workout.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I suppose you could dilute the gylcerol in your pre-workout shake. GMS is a little more convenient since it comes in a solid form. That's about the only rationale I can think of for using GMS: convenience.

I'm personally not the biggest fan of the stuff. While it offers some great things in terms of pumps and vascularity via super-hydration, it offers little to no benefit in terms of anabolic effect or performance enhancement.

Very basically, and part of the reason why the liquid form can be dangerous, glycerol sucks the moisture out of anything and everything it comes in contact with. This can be from in the air (if you leave the container open). When in the body, it sucks the water from your cells (i.e. fat cells, muscle cells, you name it cells), and puts it into your bloodstream. Then end result: increased blood volume. Increased blood volume will increase sensitivity to nitric oxide, since there is more blood to travel through dilated blood vessels.

Use with caution when taking with pre-workout products, such as those containing stimulants, as this could create a not-so-good increase in blood pressure. Think of it like a balloon. Glycerol increases blood volume = blowing up the balloon = increases pressure. Stimulants can be vasoconstrictive = pushing down on the balloon = increases pressure. So if you were to blow up a balloon and sit on it....POP!! it could put you in a hypertensive state.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to thesinner again.

Thanks for the info Sinner, good to know the BIG picture and possible negs. I do have GMS and use it occasionally, just curious about the glycerol . . . now I know!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
lol

If all else fails, you can mix it with 99% sulfuric acid and barium nitrate to make nitroglycerine. Just don't complain to me if you blow yourself up.