DMSO 70% vs 90%?

donnyblaze1

donnyblaze1

Awards
Hello all,
I'm super new to transdermals, going to try my first transdermal this week, added to the cycle I'm currently on. I've already got the gear, DMSO, and a pretty good idea of how to make the transdermal, but I just noticed DMSO comes in both 70% and 90% concentrations. I have 90%. Will this work ok?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Is that all your going to use is DMSO for the carrier?? If so, Its gonna burn. Your gonna need to rotate sites each time you use it. I've got the 90%, but only add a few milliliters to Penetrate.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
either will probably smell something fierce. i would try to find 99%.

bigironkiller

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i heard that anything over 75% decreased its effiecieny.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I'll try to track back my search, but the info I found (on transdermal specifically) stated that the greatest penetration/carrier effect came from a dilution of between 70 & 90 percent.

I used as 75% concentration (from a 99.9% stock) on a batch of formestane & the solvency was excellent. Mixing w/ Penetrate was clean & straightforward (no crash), absorption has been excellent.

Due to the warnings from jonny21 & others, I have not attempted experimenting w/ a DMSO-only carrier, and I rotate sites consistently; however, w/ 5g of form dissolved in 10ml of dilute DMSO, one's target dosage should be available w/ just a few drops....

Turd

Awards
Which is better for a pgf2a transdermal cream , gel, or liquid?

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
99.9% ftw. When you add it to penetrate make sure you put it into a HDPE bottle. If you look at the bottom of the bottle on penetrate it will say 1 in the recycle symbol. It needs to be 2 or the dmso will disolve some plastic. I wasted about 5 of my last precious grams of formestane liek this.

daniel35

daniel35

Awards
  • Established
99.9% ftw. When you add it to penetrate make sure you put it into a HDPE bottle. If you look at the bottom of the bottle on penetrate it will say 1 in the recycle symbol. It needs to be 2 or the dmso will disolve some plastic. I wasted about 5 of my last precious grams of formestane liek this.
So when it says 1 that is not as good as when it says 2 correct?

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Seriously, the Penetrate bottles are holding up *JUST FINE* - with as much as 30ml of DMSO 99.9 added. Several months, and absolutely no deterioration - inside or out.

MuscleBound1337, can you provide detail about what happened in your case?

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I read somewhere that stuff is toxic to the eyes, if thats the case it seriously isn't worth it. I think thats the one thing in life you don't want to fukc with.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Having had 3 rounds of eye surgery, I can only agree - still, if you're smart enough to kept all the *OTHER* bad crap out of your eyes, you're probably smart/careful enough to keep DMSO / furniture polish / jalapeno seeds / gasoline out of them, too...careful enough is careful enough.

(edit) No kidding, I'm extremely particular about what I let it touch, and how I touch it: most of the stuff laying around *any* old house I wouldn't want carried directly into my system. I use nitrile gloves whenever I'm handling it, when mixing or cleaning up or applying.

But than, that's just me.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Lazy Sob

A tad off the subject, but.....

If one were to add anything to Penetrate from the below list, in order to improve absorbtion. What would it be and what increment per Penetrate bottle?

I want to brew up another 1-t, 4ad TD. maybe let a friend try it.

I have the following on hand.

99% DMSO
prop gylcol
iso palmitate
iso myristate
99% iso alcohol
oleic acid

I know i can make my own brew, but i want to be lazy. OK?

Reps:)

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
A tad off the subject, but.....

If one were to add anything to Penetrate from the below list, in order to improve absorbtion. What would it be and what increment per Penetrate bottle?

I want to brew up another 1-t, 4ad TD.

I have the following on hand.

99% DMSO
prop gylcol
iso palmitate
iso myristate
99% iso alcohol
oleic acid

I know i can make my own brew, but i want to be lazy. OK?

Reps:)
You could add 60ml DMSO which would make it 20% of total volume (240+60=300)

I would say adding oleic acid would help but I'm not sure what is in the triglyceride complex in penetrate (aka dermabolics "transport matrix" or the original avant formula ;-)
It is most likely already in there, at least I would have it in there.

There is already iso prop alcohol and the others are just to moisten will not increase absorption.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
You could add 60ml DMSO which would make it 20% of total volume (240+60=300)

I would say adding oleic acid would help but I'm not sure what is in the triglyceride complex in penetrate (aka dermabolics "transport matrix" or the original avant formula ;-)
It is most likely already in there, at least I would have it in there.

There is already iso prop alcohol and the others are just to moisten will not increase absorption.

yeah i was leaning towards just the DMSO.........what do you think the shelf life is of DMSO?

I emailed the place where i purchased and they stated, no less than a year, probably alot longer. They had no data for shelf life in there MSDS.

Im right at 2 years with my chems. my powders a tad longer.

Reps for the response. thanks

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
yeah i was leaning towards just the DMSO.........what do you think the shelf life is of DMSO?

I emailed the place where i purchased and they stated, no less than a year, probably alot longer. They had no data for shelf lift in there MSDS.

Im right at 2 years with my chems. my powders a tad longer.

Reps for the response. thanks
Not too sure about shelf life. Due to the nature of most chemicals I would say it is still active but not at 100% original.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Not too sure about shelf life. Due to the nature of most chemicals I would say it is still active but not at 100% original.
Yeah i was worried a little about the integrity.........I dont think it will hurt me, i just think it wont be as active..........

Going with it :)