DMSO 70% vs 90%?

  1. DMSO 70% vs 90%?


    Hello all,
    I'm super new to transdermals, going to try my first transdermal this week, added to the cycle I'm currently on. I've already got the gear, DMSO, and a pretty good idea of how to make the transdermal, but I just noticed DMSO comes in both 70% and 90% concentrations. I have 90%. Will this work ok?


  2. Is that all your going to use is DMSO for the carrier?? If so, Its gonna burn. Your gonna need to rotate sites each time you use it. I've got the 90%, but only add a few milliliters to Penetrate.

  3. either will probably smell something fierce. i would try to find 99%.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
    •   
       


  4. i heard that anything over 75% decreased its effiecieny.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by bigironkiller View Post
    i heard that anything over 75% decreased its effiecieny.
    over 75% final concentration of solution maybe.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    either will probably smell something fierce. i would try to find 99%.

    the 90% Stuff I have doesn't smell bad at all. Its Neogen brand if anyone is interested.

  7. I'll try to track back my search, but the info I found (on transdermal specifically) stated that the greatest penetration/carrier effect came from a dilution of between 70 & 90 percent.

    I used as 75% concentration (from a 99.9% stock) on a batch of formestane & the solvency was excellent. Mixing w/ Penetrate was clean & straightforward (no crash), absorption has been excellent.

    Due to the warnings from jonny21 & others, I have not attempted experimenting w/ a DMSO-only carrier, and I rotate sites consistently; however, w/ 5g of form dissolved in 10ml of dilute DMSO, one's target dosage should be available w/ just a few drops....

  8. Which is better for a pgf2a transdermal cream , gel, or liquid?

  9. 99.9% ftw. When you add it to penetrate make sure you put it into a HDPE bottle. If you look at the bottom of the bottle on penetrate it will say 1 in the recycle symbol. It needs to be 2 or the dmso will disolve some plastic. I wasted about 5 of my last precious grams of formestane liek this.

  10. Odd - I haven't had that prob

  11. Quote Originally Posted by MuscleBound1337 View Post
    99.9% ftw. When you add it to penetrate make sure you put it into a HDPE bottle. If you look at the bottom of the bottle on penetrate it will say 1 in the recycle symbol. It needs to be 2 or the dmso will disolve some plastic. I wasted about 5 of my last precious grams of formestane liek this.
    So when it says 1 that is not as good as when it says 2 correct?

  12. Seriously, the Penetrate bottles are holding up *JUST FINE* - with as much as 30ml of DMSO 99.9 added. Several months, and absolutely no deterioration - inside or out.

    MuscleBound1337, can you provide detail about what happened in your case?

  13. I read somewhere that stuff is toxic to the eyes, if thats the case it seriously isn't worth it. I think thats the one thing in life you don't want to fukc with.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2

  14. Having had 3 rounds of eye surgery, I can only agree - still, if you're smart enough to kept all the *OTHER* bad crap out of your eyes, you're probably smart/careful enough to keep DMSO / furniture polish / jalapeno seeds / gasoline out of them, too...careful enough is careful enough.

    (edit) No kidding, I'm extremely particular about what I let it touch, and how I touch it: most of the stuff laying around *any* old house I wouldn't want carried directly into my system. I use nitrile gloves whenever I'm handling it, when mixing or cleaning up or applying.

    But than, that's just me.
  15. Lazy Sob


    A tad off the subject, but.....

    If one were to add anything to Penetrate from the below list, in order to improve absorbtion. What would it be and what increment per Penetrate bottle?

    I want to brew up another 1-t, 4ad TD. maybe let a friend try it.

    I have the following on hand.

    99% DMSO
    prop gylcol
    iso palmitate
    iso myristate
    99% iso alcohol
    oleic acid

    I know i can make my own brew, but i want to be lazy. OK?

    Reps

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    A tad off the subject, but.....

    If one were to add anything to Penetrate from the below list, in order to improve absorbtion. What would it be and what increment per Penetrate bottle?

    I want to brew up another 1-t, 4ad TD.

    I have the following on hand.

    99% DMSO
    prop gylcol
    iso palmitate
    iso myristate
    99% iso alcohol
    oleic acid

    I know i can make my own brew, but i want to be lazy. OK?

    Reps
    You could add 60ml DMSO which would make it 20% of total volume (240+60=300)

    I would say adding oleic acid would help but I'm not sure what is in the triglyceride complex in penetrate (aka dermabolics "transport matrix" or the original avant formula ;-)
    It is most likely already in there, at least I would have it in there.

    There is already iso prop alcohol and the others are just to moisten will not increase absorption.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

  17. Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    You could add 60ml DMSO which would make it 20% of total volume (240+60=300)

    I would say adding oleic acid would help but I'm not sure what is in the triglyceride complex in penetrate (aka dermabolics "transport matrix" or the original avant formula ;-)
    It is most likely already in there, at least I would have it in there.

    There is already iso prop alcohol and the others are just to moisten will not increase absorption.

    yeah i was leaning towards just the DMSO.........what do you think the shelf life is of DMSO?

    I emailed the place where i purchased and they stated, no less than a year, probably alot longer. They had no data for shelf life in there MSDS.

    Im right at 2 years with my chems. my powders a tad longer.

    Reps for the response. thanks

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Kristofer68SS View Post
    yeah i was leaning towards just the DMSO.........what do you think the shelf life is of DMSO?

    I emailed the place where i purchased and they stated, no less than a year, probably alot longer. They had no data for shelf lift in there MSDS.

    Im right at 2 years with my chems. my powders a tad longer.

    Reps for the response. thanks
    Not too sure about shelf life. Due to the nature of most chemicals I would say it is still active but not at 100% original.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC

  19. Quote Originally Posted by jonny21 View Post
    Not too sure about shelf life. Due to the nature of most chemicals I would say it is still active but not at 100% original.
    Yeah i was worried a little about the integrity.........I dont think it will hurt me, i just think it wont be as active..........

    Going with it
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. dmso and pgh? dmso and superdrol?
    By jim brooks in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 06:56 PM
  2. dmso
    By captainbicept in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2003, 09:34 PM
  3. Dmso
    By pumpin iron in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 07:46 PM
  4. DMSO to T-1
    By neckcrank in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 07:06 AM
Log in
Log in