D-limonene

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
For those of you that may use D-limonene in your HB, I just wanted to say that 5% is to much. 2.5 to 3% is about right. Plus the D-limonene I bought was from Lemelange and it doesn't quite smell like the Avant Gel. Use to much of it in your HB and it will really stink and burn.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
For smell 2% is fine. But thanx for the info. Talk to ya...

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
One thing I should add here is that d-limonene is not only aromatic (in terms of smell and not becoming a conjugated system like estrogen) but it also helps with emulsifying the solution.  What this means is that the oil based ingredients like IPM, OA, and IPP will mix better with the water soluble ingredients like alcohol and glycerol/PG.

So, if you have hopes of getting your brew to gel it is important to have sufficient amounts of d-limonene to help.  If you intend to use it as a spray then lower amounts will suffice.

Chemo

SteveDFW

Awards
The biggest issue for me was the smell is too strong. Did you get your D-limonene from Lemelange?
Yes, I got it from Lemelange.

My last brew was:

40% Iso
10% DMSO
10% OA
10% OS
10% PG
10% Glyc
10% D-Lim

I combine the iso alc, d-lim, and DMSO and then add my PH/PS/AS. I stay at about 50mg/ml and have had no problems with it all going into solution. I then add the rest of the brew.

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
I just started using the 4-AD HB w/ too much d-limonene again, and I must have made it 10% or I screwed up something 'cuz this crap stinks so bad and it makes my skin red from irritation like as if it contained 1-Test. I'm ready to dump it out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
General Chat 0