T Gel + Dmso + Tren + 4 Ad Help!!!!!!!!!

fullycovered

Awards
Okay, I was on the chat yesterday b/c the board has been down, but I gotta ask you guys this b/c I don't know what to do here....

Okay, I got my gel+dmso, i threw in 5 g of tren and 7 g of 4ad, then I put in the dmso...

OKAY, THE gear and ph's have dissolved, but now there is separation of the liquid and the gel stuff....WTF?? I don't know if I'm freaking for no reason, but now that I added DMSO to this stuff is it supposed to be more of a spray like finasol, or is it still supposed to be gel-like...I ask b/c I can't see myself just squirting this stuff on me, I can shake up the bottle for a few secs and it mixes for a little, but if separates.....

Anyone with any clue here please help me out, I really hope i didn't waste my tren on this stuff.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Add a few drops of sodium hydroxide and shake well.

The degree of gelling action depends on pH among other things.  Those with an education in chemistry or the sciences will know that this is not -log[H+] as is commonly taught.  More precisely, pH is defined as the -log of the ACTIVITY of H+ (not concentration).  As you added the powders it increased the ionic atmosphere of the gel and the pH became more acidic (optimum pH range is 7.0-7.4)

Once again, to correct this simply add a few drops of sodium hydroxide solution so as to bring the pH back into range.  Do this drop-by-drop so as not to overshoot the proper range.  Add a drop, shake, add a drop, shake...etc.

Chemo

BTW, when you get it done you'll receive your official homebrewer's badge ;)

fullycovered

Awards
Chemo, thank you very much for the timely response.

Where would I attain sodium hydroxide? I'm gonna do a search right now for it.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by fullycovered
Chemo, thank you very much for the timely response.

Where would I attain sodium hydroxide? I'm gonna do a search right now for it.
It is widely available at your local hardware store as RED DEVIL LYE.  Be careful as this is pure sodium hydroxide pellets and is EXTREMELY caustic (don't get any on your hands, eys, etc.).  The usual price is $3 per bottle but may be higher in your area.

Take about a tablespoon full and add to a cup of water.  Stir and add dropwise shaking between additions.

Chemo

fullycovered

Awards
Chemo you kick ass.

Thanks, that was a real quick response. I'm gonna go get some now.

BTW the bottle right now looks like friggin separated holandaise sauce, there was no way I was gonna even try to use it but once I get it back to look like gel, I'll be good to go.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
We get badges????? Cool. Talk to ya....

Good responce Chemo you get extra karma... heheheh...

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
indeed...chemo gets on top of shid when its needed the most. fullcovered has felt the raft of the kindess and professionalism of this dude. you, and the other intellects on this board....keep sharing these knowledges. Fullcoverd, the NaO2 do the trick? Sage

fullycovered

Awards
I just ran to a hardware store right by my office, all they had with NaO2 was drano.............not the stuff chemo was talkin about..

I'm gonna go to Home Depot after work, as I'm sure it'll be there.....

HEY....is it safe to be putting such a caustic substance on your skin? Just curious, I know the amount needed to make the liquid go back to the gel has to be miniscule, I was just curious.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
....is it safe to be putting such a caustic substance on your skin? Just curious, I know the amount needed to make the liquid go back to the gel has to be miniscule, I was just curious.
When considering the caustic nature of anything one must take into consideration the concentration that it is present in.  Since the overall pH of the gel will be slightly above neutral it is not considered caustic at all (pH of blood in your body is 7.4).

To answer your question, the sodium hydroxide solution you will mix is caustic as hell (so don't rub it on).  However, since you are adding small amounts to the gel the overall caustic nature of the lotion is not noticeable.

Chemo

SteveDFW

Awards
I just ran to a hardware store right by my office, all they had with NaO2 was drano.............not the stuff chemo was talkin about..

I'm gonna go to Home Depot after work, as I'm sure it'll be there.....

I found it at my local Albertson's Grocery Store next to the Drano.

fullycovered

Awards
Still no luck on the RED DEVIL LYE, the only thing I could find was Draino crystals........only ingredient is NaO2.....

Will this be a sufficient substitute??

fullycovered

Awards
okay this sucks, i got some red devil lye finally and added it.........have used 10-12 drops already into the gel and nothing, shaking it in between drops of course......It mixes a little more but after a minute it's back to being separated.

I think i just wasted 5 g of tren on this which sucks, I'm really having a bad day.:saw:

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
 couldnt u just shake the gel before use or do u need to add the red devil..is it a must?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
okay this sucks, i got some red devil lye finally and added it.........have used 10-12 drops already into the gel and nothing, shaking it in between drops of course......It mixes a little more but after a minute it's back to being separated.

I think i just wasted 5 g of tren on this which sucks, I'm really having a bad day.:saw:
Bro, PM me your phone number and let's get this worked out the fastest way possible.  Make sure you have your gel, hydroxide solution, and pH paper handy when I call.  The binders in the pellets most likely leached some of the glycerol from the lotion and may require other additions.  If this is the case then others that may follow (not removing the binder before addition) will run into the same problem and posting what we do will start a knowledge base for how to avaid it in the first place.

Chemo

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Bump for what happened?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by CROWLER
Bump for what happened?
We are still working on getting together on the phone...I missed the call time last night and am waiting on another opportunity.

Chemo

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
BTW, the final write up for this problem is located HERE

Chemo

Last edited:

GYM1

Awards
Chemo

I clicked on the final write up above and got no page found.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by GYM1
Chemo

I clicked on the final write up above and got no page found.
Sorry bro...another link that was lost in the domain name transition.  It's fixed now..

Chemo