Prescription transdermal T, blood test
- 03-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Prescription transdermal T, blood test
Hey everyone. Im 21 years old and have sort of reached a plateau with my lifting. I don't use many supplements, just whey protein, glutamine, and creatine, but I would like to try a topical prescription testosterone booster. (I believe my T may be slightly low for a man of my age as active as I am, but not unhealthily low and certainly no significant problems)
I got in touch with a nearby doctor who does a lot of hormone stuff, and I am scheduled for a "full panel" blood test. Depending on the results of this, he may or may not start prescribing me testosterone. He had ads in his office for Testim, a topical T, see www dot testim dot com, so I think its pretty likely this is what he would prescribe. I am pretty new to the "anabolic scene" so I have a few questions I hope some of you can help with.
1) Any tips to temporarily lower my testosterone for this test? Only suggestions I have found so far are to stop eating, sleeping, and sex/masturbation a day or so before the test. There was also one weird suggetion about taking a birth control pill. Do these work? Any other ideas?
2) Is there even an accepted cut-off level for prescribing T or is it open to intepretation? I don't know how critical this guy is going to be about the results. He has prescribed me unnecessary pain medication in the past so I would guess he's gonna be pretty lax. Because of that, I would appreciate any relatively easy tips for temporarily lowering T but I won't be doing anything too extreme (if you tell me to soak my sack in ice water for 12 hours its probably not gonna happen).
3) Any reviews or feedback on using Testim (for bodybuilding, not aging problems)? I have tried searching around but haven't found a whole lot about it. Found a little bit more about Androgel, but even that was pretty scarce. Any suggestions for how to use it once I begin?
Thanks for any help. I'll be sure to let you all know how it works out, both with the doctor and with the Testim (assuming I get it).
Admin: I'm posting this under both here and anti-aging bc I am not sure which is more appropriate.
- 03-09-2008, 01:38 AM
We are not a board that answers these questions......Do not ask things like that here!The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
03-09-2008, 09:12 AM
well my bad man. sorry to misunderstand, but dont you guys have a whole section about shooting up? i thought if anything you guys would laugh it off as weak stuff.
please answer any section you are comfortable wih.
03-09-2008, 08:26 PM
I didn't know you couldn't ask to cheat a drug test on here. The stuff the doc will give you will only be enough to raise test to normal levels, maybe you figure if your already normal it will raise it, but your body will know levels are too high and stop making t to compensate, so it really might not be worth it.
03-09-2008, 08:29 PM
03-09-2008, 10:11 PM
03-09-2008, 10:28 PM
06-10-2008, 08:32 PM
By the way my illness is hypogonadism. The doctor advice twice a week howwever I am making my own cycle. im taking test cyp. every week and androgel everyday and HCG every PCT and arimedex.
06-19-2008, 11:21 AM
First of all, you're way too young to be on Hormone therapy. You're still growing and an increase of T could interfere with that. Also, a doctor will only give you small amounts of T in order to raise your level back to normal (if you're significantly low).
06-20-2008, 09:18 AM
remember that if the body senses that it has enough T, it will start to shut down its own natural production of it. usually if you go on TRT it is for life. TRT can also impact your fertility.
06-28-2008, 11:03 AM
Bad idea, transdermal T is well known to actually put you under normal levels, at first you feel good, but then when endogenous production stops, youre gonna be back to even lower levels. If you wanna cycle do it the right way. Visit the apropiate section. But still i think youre too young for this.
Similar Forum Threads
- By edwitt in forum AnabolicsReplies: 15Last Post: 05-06-2010, 12:54 AM
- By trytestim in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 13Last Post: 06-10-2009, 11:06 PM
- By roach in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 5Last Post: 03-09-2008, 07:55 PM
- By TryinToGetBIG in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-22-2005, 11:04 AM
- By csrulez in forum AnabolicsReplies: 29Last Post: 08-20-2003, 07:20 AM