Possible to remove all the sulfur from DMSO?

MkUltra

MkUltra

Awards
Chemists? There must be a way to extract the small remaining percentage of impurities (mainly sulfur) form DMSO so that it doesn't stink

Is there something that could be put into it to absorb it and then filtered out? I wonder hmmm....

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Chemists? There must be a way to extract the small remaining percentage of impurities (mainly sulfur) form DMSO so that it doesn't stink

Is there something that could be put into it to absorb it and then filtered out? I wonder hmmm....
You are kidding right? dimethyl sulfoxide what would you have left and do you think it would work like it did before extraction?

There is 99% pharmaceutical grade out there that does not smell. You will however taste it 2-5 minutes after application :)

MkUltra

MkUltra

Awards
thanks, ya I did some more reading last night and figured that was the case

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
thanks, ya I did some more reading last night and figured that was the case
Honestly, it is really not that bad. It even makes me feel better knowing that it is working. The taste is gone in 2-3 minutes. It does not smell on body. Besides you can even add some d-limonene and it actually smells good.

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
DMSO is what it is....the user smells it worse than anyone else.

Its some very effective stuff however!

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
why is DMSO not used more in transdermals?

I realise some object to the taste (smell), and some are nervous about what might get into the body inadvertently but is it THAT bad? I would think *any* compound that penetrates the skin would carry the same concern about contamination - is DMSO's effectiveness the problem?

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
People do use DMSO in transdermals, but if you use it as the primary TD agent you realize you made a mistake on day 4.

It irritates your skin, then you rotate it, then every part of your body is raw that you can practically use. Guess what?, your only in the 2nd week of your TD cycle....AHHHGGGG.

Every day is torture!!!!

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
thanks - that clears up a lot. I hadn't thought of it as an irritant (never used it, just thinkin' 'bout stuff.

Is there any site or thread that has any detailed info on the stuff? Carrier efficiency (ie, what percentage active makes it through the skin & into the bloodstream), loadability (ie, how much active can be carried per milliliter), transmission time (ie, how long from application to complete absorption) would be great things to know.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
thanks - that clears up a lot. I hadn't thought of it as an irritant (never used it, just thinkin' 'bout stuff.

Is there any site or thread that has any detailed info on the stuff? Carrier efficiency (ie, what percentage active makes it through the skin & into the bloodstream), loadability (ie, how much active can be carried per milliliter), transmission time (ie, how long from application to complete absorption) would be great things to know.
Not many sites that discuss AAS in Transdermal carriers but if you google some word combinations you will find lots of info, especially studies on increased absorption rates of some penetration enhancers. Try oleic acid transdermal and you will see what I mean.

I have used Penetrate (which is Dermabolics formula), T-Gel, and Phlojel-ultra with a variety of CPE's. I have found that Phlojel holds the highest concentration, 100-125mg/ml. I do not buy into some of the advertised absorption rates that some carrier companies claim. I always go conservative and figure Penetrate @ 15-20%, T-gel @ 15-20%, and Phlojel @ 20%. Now I will add solvents/CPE's to increase rates and solubility. I have used an assortment of them including d-limonene, oleic acid, dmge, dmfa, and dmso. I personally like the DMGE and D-limonene. The DMGE worked as the best solvent for Test Base and Boldenone base that I could find. It also enhances the efficacy of other CPE's. I posted a log a couple of years back in which I did a lot of experimenting. search for 40 day transdermal and it should come up.

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
I do not buy into some of the advertised absorption rates that some carrier companies claim. I always go conservative and figure Penetrate @ 15-20%, T-gel @ 15-20%, and Phlojel @ 20%.
Ditto from my experience as well

Some people get irate when you explain this because often they have a dog in the fight (i.e. their personal TD formula they are selling).

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Thank you, gentlemen - I'm familiar with the general estimations of effectiveness applied to most (all?) non-DMSO(-enhanced) TD formulae. My curiosity at this point is about the known characteristics of DMSO itself in these regards: I'm currently collecting & sifting thru Google's offerings on the subject, and have a couple of experiments in mind - I suspect that if irritation is the problem, then there must be ways to capitalise on the compound's other characteristics to minimize the irritation factor (I smell a new thread in the future) since there ARE people who use it as a lineament for sore muscles and arthritis...

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I suspect that if irritation is the problem, then there must be ways to capitalise on the compound's other characteristics to minimize the irritation factor
Yes, only use it as 10% of final carrier. Add moisturizers like isopropyl myristate, propylene glycol...

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
One thing I read recently says that for maximum 'throughput', DMSO needs to be diluted to 70-90%, and that dermal perfusion declines if diluted more, or used full-strength. I would think that would impact the irritation and the effectiveness.

I have an experiment pending w/ DMSO: I believe I'll carry it out using 75% strength.