Making a Transdermal

AA1

Awards
Hi Folks,

I wondered if anyone coould ansewer a few question for me. I am thinking of making a transdermal for my joints a blend including glucosamine.

1. Does the powder need to be any perticular molecule size or weight to pass through the skin.

2. Mixing steps ! Would you dilute the powder in water first.

3.What do you use for mixing? What do you use for tubing / bottling?

Appreciate anyones thoughts.

OMY

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
1. Does the powder need to be any perticular molecule size or weight to pass through the skin.

1. Typically it is recommended that the molecular weight be < or = 300 daltons
2. Depends on your carrier. Using something like Penetrate, no just add powder to bottle in hot water bath, shake and your done. To something like phlojel it may benefit you to triturate powder with a solvent or penetration enhancer such as DMSO or D-limonene
3. Mixing= mortar & pestle. Bottling= whatever the carrier comes in. For Phlojel, I use 60ml syringes. It is a gel so the syringe is perfect.

hormonefreak

Banned
Awards
Hi Folks,

I wondered if anyone coould ansewer a few question for me. I am thinking of making a transdermal for my joints a blend including glucosamine.

Appreciate anyones thoughts.

OMY
If you use Phlojel Ultra it can be as large as 700 dalton but it works best with something 400 or less. Almost everything you would want to mix with it would be less than 400 dalton. You just mix the powder directly with the Phlojel Ultra and put it in a 60ml syringe. You pm me for the website to get Phlojel Ultra.