Questions about AndroGel

FishBonz

OK..I have some homebrew experience but I need a little help.

I recently was diagnosed with low Test levels and I am being put on Testosterone Replacement Therapy. The Doc prescribed me AndroGel. The dosing is 100mg of Test daily. The problem is that it states it has a 10% absorbancy rate over a 24 hour period.

This is what it states on the box:
The active pharmacologic ingredient in AndroGel® is testosterone.
Testosterone USP is a white to practically white crystalline powder
chemically described as 17-beta hydroxyandrost-4-en-3-one.
Inactive ingredients in AndroGel® are ethanol 68.9%, purified water, sodium hydroxide, Carbomer 940 and isopropyl myristate; these ingredients are not pharmacologically active.

Now my question is how to get the absorption rate higher than 10%. One thing I see as a problem is the gel comes in these little foil packets so adding something to such a small dose may be difficult.

Anyway, just wanted to get some ideas.....Thanks

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Very interesting...

Add some DMSO to the gel and it should instantly raise it to near 30% or so.  It already has IPM in it (don't know percentage) but a little more won't hurt.

Take your packet of gel and suck it into a syringe (if you don't already know the volume).  Calculate the DMSO and IPM addition from this...

Remember, though, that the gel is suppose to be a replacement and not a cycle ;)

Chemo

pjorstad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
When men go on testosterone replacement(unlike what fishbonz is attempting here ;) ) will their nuts shrink a little?

FishBonz

Thanks BDC...

I don't know the exact volume of the packet so I think the syringe is a good idea to get the exact volume.

The reason I want to get the % up is that the Doc wants to get my levels back up to the minimun standard, which is 300 - 400 ng/ml (Normal T-levels run from 300 - 1000 ng/ml....I tested at 84 ng/ml). After doing some research, I want to be in the middle to top end.

I am not considering this as a cycle because this is a very serious thing. After getting my results, it answered alot of questions I had about my training and diet.

I was told of another Doc in the area who is an expert in male hormone therapy and has no problems prescribing dosages that would get the T-levels towards the top of the scale. I will start on this treatment and try to get an appt to see him.

Thanks again...!

FishBonz

pjorstad....

....from what I've read it can cause some testicular shrinkage.
In my case I don't have to worry because they are already very small and non-productive.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by pjorstad
When men go on testosterone replacement(unlike what fishbonz is attempting here ;) ) will their nuts shrink a little?
Male HRT includes testing at whatever time interval the doc orders and is designed to supplement the level into "normal" range.  It will generally not suppress further due to the low levels and constant testing.  Add some DMSO though and the tests make the doc decrease the prescription or eliminate it all together...

Chemo

FishBonz

Add some DMSO though and the tests make the doc decrease the prescription or eliminate it all together...

... if using the DMSO is allowing the Test levels to get into the mid to high range, and the natural Test production is very low, wouldn't heavy weight training keep the levels from getting to a point where the Doc would eliminate the script?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by FishBonz
... if using the DMSO is allowing the Test levels to get into the mid to high range, and the natural Test production is very low, wouldn't heavy weight training keep the levels from getting to a point where the Doc would eliminate the script?
I'm assuming a few things in my response and his activity level is one of them.  He should already be an active bber...all things being held constant (lifting, diet, and DMSO + script) the doc will eventually decrease his dose to roughly 1/4th what it is now.

Chemo