Topical absorption rates

csrulez

Awards
I see a lot of posts quoting transdermal absorption rates at 35-40%. I was curious where this figure came from. Can anyone give a link to a study or something backing this figure. I am trying to convince a friend of the desirability of transdermal delivery over oral for some prohormones.

Thanks,
csrulez

dermalgear

Banned
Awards
Originally posted by csrulez
I see a lot of posts quoting transdermal absorption rates at 35-40%. I was curious where this figure came from. Can anyone give a link to a study or something backing this figure. I am trying to convince a friend of the desirability of transdermal delivery over oral for some prohormones.

Thanks,
csrulez
The previous brew was touted by Curt2Go and Chemo to give a 35-40% absorption.  I do believe they said they got this figure from an "expert" in the field.  While I don't believe the %s were quite THat high, they were close, maybe 5-10% lower.

As far as studies, you won't find studies specific to using penetration enhancers to deliver androgens systemicly, at least using the same chemical assortment that we do here.  Now PubMed does have a plethora of studies involving percutaneous absorption of compounds using a wide variety of penetration enhancers/solvents that have been used to establish an effective formula for delivering androgens systemicly.

As far as utilizing the best transdermal formula, the "new" formula is FAR better than the, "old" formula, posted currently on the AM boards.  The "new" formula is currently being utilized by LegalGear in their transdermal products. 

I myself have developed a formula very similiar to the "new" formula utilized by LegalGear and am currently using it and have found it to be GRAVELY superior to the previous formula.  I wouldn't be surprised if this "new" formula allows for absoprtion percentages surpassing 50%.