Topical PH's burns! What can I do?

Jones111

Awards
Hey.

I have a little problem. I am going to whip up a transdermal PH in ISO and IPM. The only problem is, alcohol burns thin layers of skin. I noticed that most gels dont burn, but they do have alcohol bases.

Will adjusting the pH solve this? I was going to get some triethanoamine from lemange thinking that would do the trick. So, I guess my question is, if I neutralize the solution, will it burn?

I also assume doing so wont alter penetration quelities?

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Simple answer, don't use much iso (10% only) and use peg400 at 10%. Use the recipe posted with this modification, bump up the ipm add some d-lim for a nice smell. 1-test is a burning sonuvvabitch too though!

Jones111

Awards
Ok, thanks. But assuming I want to use ISO OH, becuase that way I only have to buy one ingredeint, will a base neutralize the burn? I want to use 80% ISO and 20% IPM.

By the recipe posted, you mean that PDF? If alcohol burns no matter what, then I can use that more complex formula.

And I thought 1AD only burned mucous membranes? I thought it was find on skin?

Jones111

Awards
Simple answer, don't use much iso (10% only) and use peg400 at 10%

I guess my issue is basically that I need a transdermal that wont burn thin layers of skin, like eye lids. kitchen chemist, can you test a formulation like you suggested, does it burn thin layers of skin, like your eyelids?

Jones111

Awards
Does anyone know if a base will neutralize the burn of a ISO OH soln?