Transdermal 4-ad keeps crashing in Penetrate

mak90

Awards
I am a little out of practice, but just mixed up some 4-ad I had left over in some penetrate. The problem is that it crashes almost immediately. I have done this successfully about 20 times in the past. I use the hot water bath, mix in a little at a time, and shake the piss out of it. I have a marble at the bottom of the container to help. Could the 4-ad powder be bad, it is a little old but seems dry and was in an airtight container? I can't figure it out. Have tried heating it and shaking about ten times now. Any body have any ideas or had a similar experience? Also, I mixed 12.5 gms. in 240ml of Penetrate.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
12.5 grams seems like a lot. You're probably pushing it beyond it's saturation limits.

You may want to pick up some more penetrate.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12.5g in 8 oz is not that much, but 4AD is a pain of ass to mix in solution. I usually only add about 3g at a time into a water bath and with a marble. Adding some DMSO helps out as well.

mak90

Awards
I did all of that. Still no success. Like I said, I've done this enough times to qualify as an expert. It looks as if it is not disolving at all. It kind of looks coagulated and separates almost immediately.

12.5g in 8 oz is not that much, but 4AD is a pain of ass to mix in solution. I usually only add about 3g at a time into a water bath and with a marble. Adding some DMSO helps out as well.

mak90

Awards
I figured I'd post an update. I've tried everything except a blender and my solution is F****D. I tried a second batch and have experienced the same results. The "4AD" will not suspend in the penetrate. I've used the same carrier in the past and have had great results so I'm going to have to assume that the "4AD" powder I had tucked away could have been **** or fake. This is the first I've used this particular batch of my stash. Don't know what else to do. Now I'm stuck with 2 batches of penetrate with 12.5 gms. of ????? in them. What a f****N waste. I tried applying it and it is gritty as hell. Any last ditch ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
have you tried extremely hot water, like maybe putting it on the stove or in the microwave? (the water, not the solution) I did this and was able to get quite a bit of 4ad into penetrate

mak90

Awards
I used the microwave to create a hot water bath, then let the bottle sit till it was so hot I couldn't hold it anymore. I don't think heat was the problem.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i dunno what to tell you then. 12.5 grams of 4ad in penetrate shouldn't really be a problem